New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #84 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Ok but not outstanding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night and brought all of my food with me hoping to cook since there was a fridge, stove, etc. I was happy to have the fridge, stove, and microwave, but disappointed that the dishes were not clean at all, and there were few of them to choose from. I imagine they have to worry about stuff getting stolen, so that was probably why. Also, there was a blood (or something else?) stain on the wall in the bathroom, and a long, black hair in the bathtub that did not belong to me, so I would say they need to do a better job cleaning the room. There were cigarette burns in the comforter. The TV was very nice, and it was easy to control the temperature of the room. Breakfast was Grab and Go, but that is what they advertised, so I was not disappointed by this. Check-in process was quick and went very smoothly. I don't recall much noise though I did hear some. Overall this hotel was ok, but I would not be in a rush to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Daniela - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be making sure that our housekeeping staff is following our cleaning procedures and our inspection checklists are being followed moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked the flat screen television in your room, our grab-and-go breakfast and your speedy check-in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cea@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

No sleep. Terrible noises from upstairs all hours of the night. No sleep. Front desk seemed nice enough, but did nothing to fix the situation. No sleep. If anyone reads this and chooses to stay here just remember this..... NO SLEEP.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

First stay at an Extended Stay. Different than a regular hotel but it was just what I needed. Got there on Friday and left Monday, got just what I paid for, good value. The only drawback I found was that when people walked around upstairs it sounded like a heard of elephants. If you need a basic simple room, this works, can's see spending 2 or 3 times as much for a place to hang your hat.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room upstairs
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NYTriper
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My whole experience was great. The check-in process was quick and easy. The Front Desk Agent was very friendly and I enjoyed a small chat with her. She even gave me popcorn and asked if I needed any items such as toothpaste or toothbrush. My room was very clean and everything I used worked well - hot water and good water pressure, the AC worked well, the TV was fine. There was a full size refrigerator and nice kitchenette. I only used the refrigerator and microwave and they were both very clean and worked just fine. I didn't have any problems with noise and I slept really well. The check-out process was fast and I was greeted with another very pleasant Front Desk Agent. The area around the hotel is quite nice with plenty of shops and restaurants close by. The airport is also very close. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank dimps2
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been at this establishment for about 2 months, and I can say truthfully say I am not displeased. The bed is very comfortable, the room is quite large and housekeeping, especially Sandra, goes out of their way to accommodate your request if you need extra towels, etc. You are in close proximity to markets, restaurants and stores. I wish it had a pool, that is the reason for 4 rating it would go along way to make the stay more pleasurable.
. Like I said in the heading it serves it purpose. My stay is almost over and I would consider a return if need be. If you are expecting 5 star accommodation this is not it. If you want a economic comfortable stay you should consider this place. By the way management I noticed a lot of criticism of a person named Scot and you have not addressed this concern. I think I might have met him and I agree he does need some schooling in customer service. If not Scot then the night clerk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My hotel room was nice and would have considered stay again Sat nite & in future But Scott was very Rude and was not nice at all , Scott was friendly to other guest but rude and short with me - this need to be worked on - I was in town for Religious Conference and chose to stay @ Extended from other visits around Us but Scott was so- rude I chose not to stay and I have relayed this info to my Employer - FedEx to never use any of these hotels and my Girlfriend works for Owens Corning and we have told her fellow employees also - Please make sure to Correct Scott's actions or you will continue to loose business,I will be back in Columbus in Aug but would not dare to stay at your hotel because of way I was treated Poorly and Very Unprofessional

Room Tip: Please watch out for Rude employee - Scott :(
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. The customer service you encountered is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am talking with my employees about the importance of showing our guest's a great experience, which begins with top-notch service.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CEA@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Extended Stay in Columbus, Easton for business this past weekend and had a very comfortable trip. The staff was courteous, prompt and informative. The room was clean and fresh with everything I needed. I was even able to do a quick load of laundry at 8 at night! Recommended for the quick business and holiday outing travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Jonathan - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at CEA@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.