We went to an Ohio State football game, and stayed here because it was one of the few hotels, with vacancies. (that should have been the first clue!) We reserved three rooms. The football game was a late game, so we didn't check in until after midnight. The hotel did not appear to be too run down, but could have been cleaner. It wasn't until morning, that we were mortified. We found a bug crawling on our bed, and after some "googling" discovered it was a bed bug!!!! My husband, carried it down to the front desk, and the front desk clerk knew exactly what it was and didn't appear too alarmed. She wasn't able to give us a refund because we booked through hotels.com. She did offer us a free night stay if we would come back.....ummmm, no thank you! She willingly handed over extra large garbage bags, so all three of our rooms could bag up our belongings. After researching, it appears bed bugs are becoming a widespread problem and are not only found at dirty places. So, I understand they can be anywhere, but as a hotel, to offer no discount or refund for the room, I find completely unacceptable! Not to mention the fact that I am covered with bites! So gross! We contacted hotels.com after returning home, and they gave us a fifty percent discount on one room out of three and a twenty dollar voucher to use for a future reservation. Upon researching bed bugs further, if you get them in your home, it is extremely expensive to have them eradicated. We have treated all of our belongings that were in the hotel room. We are grateful we saw the bug, otherwise we would have been clueless, and possibly wrote the bites off to mosquitos from tailgating. Hoping to save other travelers the unnecessary worry, a possible nightmare and their money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus - West Broad is 6 miles from downtown Columbus. This centrally located Non-Smoking hotel offers Newly Renovated Rooms with free WiFi and flat screen TVs. This hotel is just minutes from all the excitement of downtown & the arena district, only half a mile from the new Hollywood Casino Columbus, or our world famous Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, only 13 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Columbus - w. Broad Hotel Columbus
- Holiday Inn Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad Ohio