When we arrived the gentleman at the counter did not even bother to get up from his chair to greet us. Soon he was on the phone with housekeeping and the manner in which he interacted with fellow employees was very inappropriate. Due to interruptions, etc it took eleven minutes for him to check us in.
We were given a room on the first floor per our request. At this time we had someone with us that has a broken leg so this was most convenient. We found the room to be adequate. Within a few hours we discovered that the sound from the pool area comes right through the wall. Since we were already settled and moving someone in this condition was not practical we opted to stay in this room. We turned the television up to try to block the sound as best we could.
The next morning we went down for breakfast (at 8:00 am) which is served until 9:30 am. We found most of the shelves completely empty and we only could get about ¼ of a cup of coffee from the coffee machine. Eventually the server brought out muffins but they were still frozen.
As we were checking out we mentioned these things to the manager. He commented since our stay was on a VIP voucher that there was nothing he could do about the problems with our stay. If this is how a VIP guest is treated I am afraid how they treat non VIP guests.
We had read good reviews about this hotel from others which is why we selected this location. After staying here I would not recommend it to others. There are plenty of other hotels in this area where you can stay and get the quality that you deserve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus - West Broad is 6 miles from downtown Columbus. This centrally located Non-Smoking hotel offers Newly Renovated Rooms with free WiFi and flat screen TVs. This hotel is just minutes from all the excitement of downtown & the arena district, only half a mile from the new Hollywood Casino Columbus, or our world famous Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, only 13 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Red Roof Inn, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Columbus - w. Broad Hotel Columbus
- Holiday Inn Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad Ohio