“Great Two Bedroom Suite”

TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Ranked #93 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Tiffin, Ohio
“Great Two Bedroom Suite”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed the night before a business trip and was treated to a two bedroom suite. It was only me, but I loved the space. With two bedrooms, a nice bathroom, small kitchen and a living/dining room I had more than enough space. The colors have been brightened since my last visit and I loved the new yellow walls, and granite counter tops in the kitchen. Quite nice, and quite spacious. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maryland USA
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We came for a Fall Weekend and had reserved a 2-bedroom suite since we had three adults. Upon check-in they upgraded us to two 1-bedroom suites. The rooms were of good size with kitchens. The hotel has a minimal lobby and the breakfast is continental and you have to pick up what you want and take to your suite. Not an elaborate hotel but very functional especially if you are staying for several days. The kitchens are very helpful. Rooms are clean and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jdieringer
Ft. Bragg
Reviewed September 30, 2012

- hallways were dirty and had a bad odor.
- room had a strong deodorizer smell (had to air out the room); closet had strong urine smell (sprayed with lysol, kept door closed, didn't use closet)
- kitchen and bath floors were filthy.
- carpet not vacuumed (found hair pins on carpet).
- housekeeping ignored "do not disturb" sign and knocked on the door at 8:20 a.m. to find out when I was going to checkout (checkout is noon).
- limited breakfast items with no dining area.
- no one inquired about my stay at checkout.
- hotel charges $7 for high speed internet (even for Marriott Platinum Members).

Room Tip: top floor quieter as no one is above you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank BraggDLA
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights while travelling on business. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and extremely quiet. The bed was especially comfy. Everything worked properly. The room was especially nice for a several night stay, with a table and chairs, couch, easy chair, and coffee table, and a full kitchen! The TV (flat screen LG) had perfect clarity -- I need one of those at home!. There were items for sale in the lobby, like food, drinks, candy, and other items you might need. It was not impossible to access electrical outlets like it is in so many hotels! I would recommend this as a place to stay and have to say that it made my trip so much more comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pierre, South Dakota
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night and it was very clean and had a full kitchen. Didn't use the kitchen because only staying one night. When the fridge's compressor kicked in it was very loud. Annoying, but nothing terrible. Not much of a breakfast, just muffins, instant oatmeal and fruit. Used the free shuttle to the airport. Driver was on time, even called my room at 6:29 as I was leaving for the 6:30 shuttle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at TownePlace for a tournament - our team had probably 15 rooms - close to 40 with our whole club. It was a great mid-level hotel for that type of visit. The staff was so accomidating and friendly - even with our crazy kids. Smaller pool but that was no problem for our girls - tons of food choices around - they even have a grill you can use - and a very nice Kroger less than a mile away to stock up your full size fridge. We would stay again for sure. Side note - the beds are very comfortable - the pull out couch/bed not so much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mica99
Holland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at Towneplace & got the room for free with my Marriotts Rewards Points. I was so excited! Then we get here, & immediately had to change rooms since ours smelled like a wet dog. Front desk guy told us they just steam cleaned the carpets since this is a pet friendly hotel. Our next room was a bit milder but still smelled like a dog. It was so bad we got up at 1230am to run to the store and get air freshener. It also made my son's allergies kick up really badly. Cleanliness was also at an all time low=dried macaroni on cabinets, crumpled used sheets on sofabed along with a bunch of crumbs (yuck!)and dirty oven. The horrible smell of dog just ruined getting this place on rewards points though. We were miserable all night long. If you are allergic to dogs or cats I would not recommend this hotel at all. And please realize, we are PET people we have a wonderful dog at home, along with a hamster and a rabbit. Will never stay here EVER again. I agree with Easy R, worse Marriott property I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are allergic to pets of any kind.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna? Share your experiences!