“Great Stay”

TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Ranked #91 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Used my Marriott Points for my stay at this hotel. Nice, super clean room - seemed like it was brand new! The bottled water and the trail mix they left for me was a nice surprise since i didn't check in until after 10:30 pm. Convenient location to the airport and a shuttle is provided from 5AM to 11 PM which saved on cab fare if not renting a car. Hotel seemed to be in more of a residential area with the closest restaurants a little distance away (the hotel does offer a shuttle to Easton Town Centre if reserved in advance). Overall, a great stay, a nice staff, and all the amenities that they list on their website are available just as they advertise.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank JohnroFlorida
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna

Reviewed January 17, 2008

My wife and I stayed at TownePlace Suites for 1 night before our flight to San Francisco. The room was clean and was very comfortable. Using name your own price on priceline we were very pleased to save over 1/2 compared to the average price. The kitchen came in handy as we had purchased eggs and sausage to prepare before our flight. Would stay again if flying out of Columbus.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank wolffpack14
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a week while visiting relatives in Columbus. The room was one of the cleanest and most comfortable I have ever stayed in. We picked this hotel based on location, price and Marriott's reputation. It lived up to our high expections.

The staff at this hotel was wonderful. There was a short power outage (due to extremely high winds) and the staff did everything they could to answer questions and keep everyone comfortable.

The continental breakfast provided was basically "grab and go"...nothing fancy, but for the price we paid and the fact that each room has a kitchenette, it was more than adequate. Even though each room had a coffeemaker, there was fresh coffee and fruit in the lobby at all times.

We will definitely stay here again when we visit Columbus.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cakes
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Just stayed at the TownePlace Suites located near the Port Columbus Airport last weekend. Although we did not arrive until nearly 9:00 p.m., we were given a room with the special requests that were requested in the reservation. The desk clerk was very friendly (and helpful over the phone when we called for directions).

This extended-stay type hotel is not fancy, but is clean and served the purpose of being near the airport. A small kitchenette with an oven, as well as a microwave, is in each suite. We were disappointed that the hotel does not offer a park-and-fly option, although they do have a free airport shuttle for guests without a car.

A continental breakfast is included in the room rate, but since we checked out at 4:30 a.m. for an early flight, we were unable to take advantage of it...

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank hfitzger
Reviewed August 5, 2007

My brother clued me into this hotel for an overnight early am flight kind of stay. I was traveling with kids and the front desk staff was great. They gave the kids little toys to take to the room, provided easy dinner info for nearby places and offered to put together breakfast stuff since we had to leave at 5am! Breakfast options were decent for a free breakfast - all prepackaged (cereals, juices, danishes, fruit and cereal bars) but perfect to take along or take back to your room. Room was $130 for a 2bd suite. The beds and furnishings were all decent and the beds were very comfortable with what seemed to be very clean linens and a nice assortment of pillows and extras. The bathroom soaps and shampoos were even nice. I'd stay here again without question.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Escapefromseattle
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I spent the night before my wedding with my maid of honor (my sister) and an out-of-town bridesmaid at this hotel. We had such a great visit! The mattresses were very strange (some sort of foam), but they were very comfortable. Having the mini kitchen was really nice for snacks and water. It was a little tight for three people, but my bridesmaid & I shared the queen, and my sister slept on the pull-out, so we survived. You can book a larger room, but Priceline just gives you what it does. The continental breakfast is nice; juices, breakfast bars, fruit, cereals, etc. Check-in and out went fine, and they do provide a shuttle between the hotel and the airport, which is probably quite handy. If you're looking for a comfortable place to stay, this is a great choice!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank MrsKruse
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Arrived at hotel. No one in lobby. Had to locate desk clerk. Checked into hotel. Assigned room. Requested crib. Was told I would have to drag crib to my room. Went to my room. Found someone in my room sleeping in my bed. Went back to front desk. Dragging crib behind me. Told desk clerk my story. She did not believe me. Assigned me to new romn. Found out later old guests had broken into room. So much for security. I was billed incorrect amount for room. No airport shuttle. Breakfast was not anything other than prepackaged breakfast bars. Difficult to find location.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank mrlasvegasio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna? Share your experiences!