“Disappointed..”

Ranked #105 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Ohio
“Disappointed..”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I had a really bad experience with the front desk staff, who was rude and extremely unprofessional. I ended up leaving the hotel that night and finding another place to stay. I will say that the Nyema (forgive spelling, if you see this) the hotel manager was very understanding and gracious the next day when I called to give my report. She was very emphathetic and attempted to make up for the bad experience the best way she could. I'll give the hotel another try because of her.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
kstratton, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our front dest team. I am grateful you called Naima to report your experience and that she rectified the situation. It is our goal to provide you, our guest, with the best possible service. Thank you for giving us another try. If there is anything further I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

kristins@darpanmgt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
columbus ohio
Reviewed March 18, 2010

i traveled from uk into columbus on the 16th of march not driving didnt realise how far out of town i was as im not driving here had problems getting cash management and staff helped me no end nothing was to much for them igot what iwanted at the end a nice st pats day ive stayed in many top hotels around the world but haver never been looked after like this id like to thank management and staff for the help they gave me and for making my stay here pleasurable mr g p a haven garyhaven50@yahoo.co.uk

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2010

A former Residence Inn. Great value. Clean, quiet, etc., everything fine. Although not relatively close to the airport, get a discount card from the front desk and taxi is $15, which would be about $40 in NYC/LA/etc.

From the reservation website, I assumed all rooms had a fireplace. The front desk lady was extremely nice. When we checked in, she offered to sell us a firelog for $5. We declined, only because there was a grocery store right down the street. We get to the room... no fireplace.

I probably read the website wrong, and she probably made an innocent mistake... and I assume that if we had bought a log that we'd get a refund. But just something to be mindful of. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2010
kstratton, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

We do not have any fireplaces in our hotel. I am assuming you are speaking of another property. We would love for you to visit us next time you are in town though! If I can do anything to assist you with your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me.

Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed February 19, 2010

This was my first Wingate by Wyndham stay, so I cannot compare this to other properties of this chain.

I was pleased enough with the stay. The rooms are fairly large, and I did not hear much sound from the room or my neighbors. I did find the heater/AC system and plumbing loud though.

Comfy enough bed, but not a favorite. Nice & warm shower. Good breakfast, but did not have dedicated staff to monitor breakfast area like some other chains.

Decent enough wireless access.

I stayed for 5 nights, and got a deal of $65/night. Great value for the property.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing you, our guest, with the best possible experience. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. We hope to see you soon! Please feel free to contact me if you need anything the next time you are in town.

Dayton, OH
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We chose the Wingate by Polaris based on the great online rate we got. It's so close to shopping (although, go through the McDonald's parking lot and go out at the light - you can't turn left onto Polaris Pkwy from the hotel) and right off of I-71. We couldn't believe how nice it was for the price! Comfortable bed, spacious room, clean, neat and cozy!! The heater was really loud in the room, but it wasn't unbearable. The breakfast was delicious and the extras (free wi-fi, hot tub, workout room, office space, pool, etc.) were what we would expect from a hotel at twice the price. The next time we need to stay in the Columbus area, we will definitely look at this hotel first!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tiedgeal
Dear Valued Guest:

Glad to hear you had an awesome experience! We hope to see you again soon! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything next time you are in town.

NY
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I stayed one night for business--found it to be much nicer than I expected given the price range. Location is great--tons of restaurants at all price points surrounding, drugstores, other shopping, etc. A little tricky to find at first as it's off a side road that is very easy to drive by. I had a business breakfast elsewhere so I'm not able to judge the available comp breakfast. But the room was great and the bed extremely comfortable--I would definitely go back if I need to be in the area again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
upstate NY
Reviewed April 9, 2009

This is an average business-type hotel next to the interstate, and it served us well for two nights. The check-in clerk, however, seemed totally untrained for the job, and couldn't find any of the reservation information for us (our client had requested direct billing to them),as well as not being able to input our Wyndham membership number.
The room was quite large, and had plenty of lamps. Good desk for working, and fast free wi-fi connection. Bed was comfortable, lots of pillows and smooth linens. There were some signs of wear and long use here and there, but it was kept pretty clean.
The free breakfast was abundant: cheese omelettes, waffles, cereal, bagels, juice. The coffee and teas, also, were available around the clock, with a bowl of fruit and snack mix.
I thought it was a great deal, at $89 a night. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Comfort Inn North Polaris
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Residence Inn Columbus Polaris
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!