“Not a Clean Experience”

Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #105 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at many different hotels throughout the years, but this hotel provided an interesting experience. My husband and I spent the night here while watching the USA vs Mexico soccer game earlier this week. The arrival was pleasant and the main room itself was very nice (although the pictures posted by the hotel misrepresent how nice our particular room truly was).

My main issue was with the cleanliness of the bathroom and the following will describe why I rated this hotel as "Average". The floor of the bathroom was dirty and had clumps of hair and other pieces of paper littering the areas beneath the sink and behind the toilet. There was also a very noticeable blood smear on the back of the door. Once my eyes saw that, I followed them to the shower area and noticed a few dried clumps of hair stuck to the sides of the shower walls. As my eyes continued to move, I saw that the shower curtain was hanging off the pole and the body wash dispenser attached to the shower wall was broken. One of our towels had a blood stain on it as well and the toilet seat itself was so loose that you could practically fall off the toilet if you weren't extremely careful.

I would still stay at this hotel again, as the rest of the room was clean, employees were friendly and the stay itself was quiet and pleasant. I simply think that the hotel should pay more attention to cleaning up important areas (i.e., the bathroom).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney M
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had read the reviews for this Four Points property and was expecting a lousy night but was pleasantly surprised by every aspect of this Four Points.

Check in was handled quickly and professionally and I was on my way in less than 2 minutes without feeling rushed. The public areas looked nice and the bar area had quite a few Saturday night patrons inside.

The elevator was old and made sounds like it might be on its last leg.

The hallways were in decent shape as well.

The room was quite nice. I suspect that the wide range of reviews could point to some rooms not being renovated as of yet. I don't know this for fact, just a guess.

The room was nicely sized, had new carpet and a nice sized flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable although I thought the bedding was a bit extreme for August in Columbus.

The bathroom was older but somewhat updated. The original tub and toilet were still being used. The tub was a bit stained and grimy but nothing that I couldn't deal with.

The free high speed internet was just that, fast and no cost.

I would happily return to this Four Points property in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank michtraveler1969
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hi michtraveler1969,

Thank you for your stay and your review about our hotel! We’re happy to hear that check in was handled quickly, and that you enjoyed our public areas. Also, we’re glad that you liked our flat screen TV, bed, the size of your room, and took advantage of the free Internet access. At the same time, we would like to apologize for the bathroom tub being a bit stained.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing at Four Points Columbus Polaris soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The location is great and everybody working there was very friendly and helpful. The lobby area is nice and there is a full service bar that is open until 11:00 pm. The drinks are reasonably priced. The beds were comfortable and room decor was a little older in the bathroom but not too bad. They do use dispensers in the shower and the conditioner was empty. The elevator is as horrible as stated in other reviews. Only one elevator was working and it was very noisy and jumpy. It felt like it was going to break down. Also, the ice machine didn't work on the 3rd floor. The outdoor pool area was small and the pool isn't heated, I used SPG points for our stay. It was worth it for 3000 points. I hope they continue improvements on the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I'm a frequent business traveler to the Columbus area with dozens of stays in various hotels. The Four Points Polaris is officially my hotel of choice! The newly renovated lobby complete with bar and large breakfast area matches all competitors on this popular exit. This is the only hotel with a full service bar on this exit other than the overpriced Hilton and the breakfast service is prompt and tasty...try the Polaris Omelet. Room service food is also available via the Polaris Grille. The rooms are new, clean and comfortable with flat screens and a free bottle of water. New fitness room and updated pool area. The price is right. And above all the service is outstanding! Kristin and the crew have been consistently on their game to ensure an enjoyable stay. Take my advice and make this your hotel of choice in the Polaris area.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Vince W
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hi Vince W,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and making us your hotel of choice in the Columbus area!

We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations, and had a great experience with Kristin and the rest of our staff.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I accidentally booked myself here, i meant to stay at the much nicer four points by the airport, which ended up being full so they couldn't accommodate. The marketing person drove to the airport in the am to intercept a FedEx I had sent to that other hotel (where I thought I was booked) so that was AMAZING service in my book. Bed was new and comfy. AC was deafeningly loud and the hotel really really needs renovation.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank minnesota_margot
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Minnesota_Margot,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We are delighted that we were able to deliver your FedEx package to you and that you enjoyed our new beds. We will share your feedback about the AC with the team as we continue to look for improvements. Take care!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed over overnight on July 20, 2013 to visit Easton Town Center and Zoo. Lobby is clean and updated. Had to wait 20 minutes in line to check in and there was more people awaiting behind me. Front desk did not call for help. Was told by front that they do not have any double room available they can upgrade us to king size bed with pull out couch. Room 219. Sure that fine. Me and my family goes to room 219 lugguage and toys was already in the room. Front desk gave us entry to someone else room. Go back to front to get an unoccupy room. Get room 223 and an apology. The room is clean and updated. But updates was done very very poorly. Room air condition never did cool the room just blow luke warm air. Hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mailroom-Mob,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please contact me at kristins@darpanmgt.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Columbus was a good one.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I usually love Four Points. This one looked great as you enter but the room was a bit worn. The door lock was difficult to open, several electrical outlets were loose, some light bulbs were burnt out. Great location and a very attractive common area but the rooms are a bit lacking. There is a good restaurant next to the hotel - Polaris Grille?

Wished they would have had a laundry room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear FLJtodd,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay. Clearly we did not meet your expectations. We will share your feedback with our engineers to correct these issues. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Candlewood Suites Polaris
#38 of 143 in Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus Polaris
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!