“Your Below Average Hampton”

Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
Ranked #23 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Your Below Average Hampton”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2007

As a Hilton Honors member who stays in the Hilton family of hotels more than 100 nights a year, I must say that this Hampton is below average. At check in, I had to wait for the front desk person to finish her cell phone conversation and then I was made to feel as if I had interrupted her life because she had to do her job. The hotel is showing it's age. The bed linens where worn and had a couple of holes. The pillows were all foam and were not comfortable at all. This hotel is between the runways at Port Columbus Airport...maybe 2/10 of a mile from the airport terminal...so there is jet noise..lots of jet noise.
On the upside for this hotel, there is room service from the hotel next door and it was very good but a little pricey...even for room service. A steak and a couple of sodas was $30 delivered to the room.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Findlay, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2006

The Hampton Inn has been our first choice when traveling for many years. We had our first bad experience at this hotel with the room being way overcrowded with excess furniture making it very uncomfortable and difficult to get around. The desk clerk was very rude and did not help us find a cart to transport our luggage to our room. His comment when asked where all the carts were was "Probably the Concourse Hotel has ours". Being Senior Citizens these where two big negatives in our stay. The desk clerk in the morning was the complete opposite and very helpful., breakfast was great and shuttle service was top notch. They were great in letting us keep our car there for 9 days at a reasonable fee.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — crowded room, poor customer service
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank pbt
Middletown, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2006

We had a very early flight so stayed here the night before. The hotel is very near the airport - you can see the control tower from your window. We were able to check into the hotel, leave our luggage, drop off the rental car, and walk back to the hotel. The room was spacious and clean, and we were able to pick up "to go" breakfast bags at 5:00am. There was a glitch with the computer and receipts, but the staff handled it with good humor. The only food nearby is across the parking lot at another hotel, so you might want to eat before you check in.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank goodrzy
VILLA HILLS, KENTUCKY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2006

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Columbus Airport April 28, 2006 for one night. I was very Disappointed in my room. I had a King size study room. The pull out couch was not very comfortable or nice to sit on. The chair that went with the desk was so small (you would have to be the size of Paris Hilton) to fit in it comfortable. The king size bed was so high off the ground that I could not put my feet on the floor when I sat on the side of the bed. They had no pictures on any of the walls in my room. Also at night you could hear the planes taking off at the Columbus airport.

The only 3 good things about this Hampton Inn was: The bathroom in my room was big and clean and the free Continental Breakfast. The people at the front desk.

For the Hampton Inn chain hotels I don't think this one should be on
there list!!!!!! I know that I think I would stay at another hotel by the Columbus airport next time.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank DLF-of-KY
IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2005

This hotel needs to do some updating if it wants to prevent people from staying at the hilton garden inn next door. The bed was so hard that I actually woke up sore the next morning. The bathroom is nice and spacious but the rooms are older and need some attention. You will hear planes take off and land throughout the night. Light sleepers beware.

Stayed October 2005
2 Thank HH_Trav
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2005

I had a very pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn--Airport in mid-February of 2005. We had a group of approximately fifty volleyball players, parents, and coaches in Columbus for a large volleyball tournament, and the Hampton Inn was extremely helpful in accommodating our large group. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and flexible. The group discount rate of $71.00 per night was extremely reasonable and better than we could find elsewhere for such a quality hotel.

The room was not particularly spectacular, but it was clean and pleasant. The bathroom was very spacious, with an extremely large and convenient counter. My favorite part of the experience was the free hot chocolate and Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the lobby. I've never been to a hotel before that was willing to admit that there are actually people in the world who do not drink coffee. I really appreciated that extensive of hospitality (and drank about twenty cups of hot chocolate in response). The location is extremely close to I-670, which took us downtown in less than ten minutes.

The only potential drawback of this hotel was its extremely close proximity to the airport (as evidenced by its name). I overheard some parents grumbling that the planes flying overhead created sufficient noise to prevent them from sleeping well. As a deep sleeper, I slept like a rock and had no problem, but light sleepers might want to be further away from the air-traffic noise.

Ultimately, I would recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone. We had a very nice three-night visit, and I hope to return there next year.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank clo110
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2004

Stayed one night for business at the Hampton Inn at the airport. Although clean, it's showing it's age. Worn carpet, dimly lit hallways, worn bedding and upholstery in the rooms. Given it's right next door to a brand new Hilton Garden Inn - I'll make sure I book there next time.

1 Thank sst03