“Positive”

Ranked #20 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus
“Positive”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I throughly enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn in Columbus, Ohio we were visting friends in the area with my grandchildren. They had a a great time there the staff was helpful, the breakfast was excellent and the rooms were clean and vacuum everyday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Columbus over the weekend and booked the King Whirlpool room. I checked the reviews after my husband surprised me with the plans. I was a little nervous after reading some of the comments but went in with an open mind. Upon arriving we had a bit of a wait at the front desk due to a line waiting to check in. I can't say the front desk staff person was rude but definitely not friendly. Upon entering our room we found it to be clean and well laid out. We had a view of the runway and enjoyed watching the planes land throughout the evening. The next morning we went down to eat breakfast and it was not really what we expected. Nothing horrible just premade frozen pancakes and polish sausage were odd choices in our opinion. When my husband went to the front desk to purchase a Diet Coke for me the Front Desk person informed him "that privilege was reserved for Platinum guests only" and that we were "welcome to use the vending machines located down the hall" When my husband explained that both vending machines were out he went on to say that the hotel only provides complimentary soda to certain guests. After our stay I can say I reserve the privilege of my business at a platinum hotel. We have been staying at only Hampton Inns for the past year because we were impressed with their service but this one is missing the mark.

• Stayed August 2013
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear the vending machines were not fully stocked. Unfortunately, we do not have a shop where we sell snacks and other items like some of the other Hampton Inns. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. We do change our breakfast items on a daily basis so that our guest do get a variety and can find something that they enjoy. We hope you would give us a second chance on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a wonderful day!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is very, very nice. Staff is friendly and professional, rooms are modern and comfortable with many pillows! Close to restaurants and minutes from the airport. Shuttle is prompt and quick.
Prices are very reasonable and discounts are generous!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had an early morning flight for our vacation and it was a wonderful choice. The room was very nice and quiet. You could not even hear the airplanes flying over. Would recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave feedback on your recent stay. Your opinion is very important to us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a great day!
Akron, OH
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Great experience. Highly recommend! Beds are comfortable. Clean. Nice staff. Quick, convenient shuttle. Newly remodeled rooms. Couldn't find light switches ~ ha! Really a great option. CMH has great flight prices & this Hampton Inn makes it an affordable option for travelers from Akron/Cleveland.

• Stayed August 2013
Algonquin, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Exceptionally speedy shuttle service from the airport as well as check-in. From landing on the ground to landing in my bed was literally 20 minutes. At midnight, that was exceptionally nice. Very friendly staff. A great stay and very convenient location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's not a hotel for families or a romantic getaway, and if you expect it to be you're crazy. It's an airport hotel and is entirely geared for people on a layover or (like myself) people on a flight at where's-my-coffee o'clock in the morning. The food is so average the in-room dining menu includes details of local pizza delivery places and restaurants within easy driving distance. The staff will also offer recommendations on where to eat which you can rely on. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and well appointed for the price point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn at the Columbus Airport. Your opinion is very important to us. I am glad you enjoyed the staff's recommendations on dining. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
Best Western Port Columbus
Best Western Port Columbus
#35 of 143 in Columbus
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!