“Just an overnight stay”

Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
Ranked #22 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a pleasant surprise this was. The hotel is very clean, the room was neat and tidy, more than what I needed for an overnight stay, with a nice bathroom. Kimberly Hoyer was super friendly, and having the on-site parking with a ride to the airport deserves a A+ in my opinion. Very convenient. Thank you Hampton Inn, for a great, convenient and clean place to stay. You'll see more of me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete this review. We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and very much look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Ohio. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was amazed at the affordability of this hotel and the quality of the room. It was not very large, but the accommodation were nice. My room even had a charging station for phones and tablets, which I had not seen in hotels of this type in the US before. You would think being a stone's throw away from the ATC tower would result in a loud night, but this place was quiet. It does not have a lounge, but the Hilton next door does, which makes unwinding after a long flight or drive nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our team tries very hard to exceed the expectations of our travelers everyday. However, it always feels good to get a positive survey reinforcing that hard-work does pays off. On behalf of the team at the Hampton Inn Columbus Airport I would like to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to do the survey. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

While not far from home, this hotel was a life saver for an early flight on the same day as the time change! Unfortunately the flight crew did not stay here and we had to run for our connection in Atlanta. The hotel was clean and staff was attentive. I would definatly stay hear again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to complete the survey about your stay at the Hampton Inn Columbus Airport. Your opinion is very important to us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and it was convenient for your flight. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the Arnold Sports Festival, 2013. We normally stay at another hotel, but it had closed down without much warning. We booked this hotel very easily and the price was comparable so we decided to give it a try.

Room was clean and had what we needed. 'Breakfast' was decent enough for us. We ate other meals from a shopping district about 10 minutes away (by car).

The only thing that I wished they had were fridge/microwave in room like previous hotel, but overall good stay. We have already booked for next year.

• Stayed: March 2013
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our team tries very hard to exceed the expectations of our travelers everyday. However, it always feel good to get a positive survey reinforcing that hard-work does pay off. I understand the disappointment in not having a refrigerator or microwave but those are only available in all the rooms of the Hampton Inn & Suites and we are a Hampton Inn. On behalf of the team at the Hampton Inn Columbus Airport I would like to say thank you and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a geat day!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Decided to stay at this hotel during my 5-day trip to Columbus OH and it was a good choice! Hotel is conveniently located about 15-20 min drive to downtown Columbus and about same distance to Reynoldsburg where I had to be. Room was very clean, breakfast (included in $104 daily rate) was more than adequate and more than "continental" I would say. Every day there was an choice of scrambling eggs, omelets, sausage etc. plus the variety of toasts, muffins, bagels, yogurts, cereals and fresh fruits! A good and convenient start of a day! Moreover, fresh coffee and tea by the receptionist desk were available all day long. I really appreciated that during such a cold weather. My only concern before booking was the airport noise but, as it turned out, it wasn't that bad. I put highest marks for everything but sleep quality due to the fact that it is not completely quiet around. All in all, I recommend this place and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Krzys t

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our team tries very hard to exceed the expectations of our travelers everyday. However, it always feels good to get a positive survey reinforcing that hard-work does pay off. On behalf of the team at the Hampton Inn Columbus Airport I would like to say thank you and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Columbus.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

In many ways this a typical Hampton but does need of some updates. My room was a mixed bag. The vanity was nice. Yet the shower curtain was barely long enough. Water was just hot enough and the stream did not seem overly strong. Bedding was good but the curtains seemed worn. Breakfast was typical. Staff was great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cityglow
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so sorry that you found our curtains to be worn and that you did not have the adequate water temperature in your bathroom. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue to provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The rooms were incredibly run down and outdated. There is simply no way that furniture could have been new when that place was built. Looks new from the outside - don't be fooled. Outdated rooms. No restaurant. No Bar. "Business Center" is essentially two computers in the lobby.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room." - Choose a room in a different hotel?
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Shekx2

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. We just completed a million dollar renovation in the business center, fitness center and lobby for a better guest experience. We are hoping to improve the guest rooms in the near future.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
Best Western Port Columbus
Best Western Port Columbus
#31 of 145 in Columbus
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus - Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!