“3 star all the way”

Hampton Inn Columbus West
Ranked #25 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This property is updated in the lobby area and looks nice. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. There's nothing horrible about the hotel, but nothing great about the property. It's a decent place to lay your head.

If you're a runner, you need to check out Batelle Darby Creek Park for excellent trail runs. Or, check out Hilliard Rails and Trails for a flat, long run. I lived in Columbus for several years and these are the 2 best choices for runners outside of downtown's great running access

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Police had been called to facility for a robbery we did not feel safe at this location The toilet seat loose, maintenance tried to fix was no better The reakfast was not good had to go out to breakfast Our room smelled smokey

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonWest, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus West, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

On behalf of the management and staff of our hotel I’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your last stay especially that you did not feel safe at our hotel. Your assumption that there was a robbery at the hotel was incorrect. There was a road rage incident and the drivers pulled off the freeway into our back parking lot. One of the participants had left their vehicle in our lot and the police were called. If a police presence makes you feel uncomfortable you are under no obligation to get a room after stopping in without a reservation. If a room does not smell the way you like you may switch to another. A staff member is always available to assistant you with any concerns. The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. Our customers’ safety is our number one concern. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one. Thank you again for your time and valued feedback.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have spent many nights here while visiting family near Columbus, OH. The desk employees are friendly and accommodating. We even have the hotel's direct line to help us book a room. The pool is a great attraction during the winter months and the grandchildren love to swim when there is snow on the ground. The breakfast fare is one of the best for a "free breakfast" offered in most chain hotels/motels. My breakfast offering at home is more "continental" than the one offered here. We have even had a private pizza party in the beautiful dining area which has coffee, fruit, and cookies available to guests all day. For the busy traveler, they offer "breakfast on the go" bags to take with you so you don't miss out on their great breakfast offer. The dining room hostess is a special person to us; she remembers us each time and makes the breakfast experience enjoyable every time.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the $; you have seating for daytime visitation.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice clean, new rooms and furnishings. Located near several shopping and food establishments and a close and easy drive into downtown Columbus, Ohio. Stayed here with son for a large horse show being held at the State fairgrounds and this hotel had ample parking and easy access for truck parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was beautiful clean and priced right!! It was decorated beautifully, both rooms and lobby! Breakfast was great!! I had a wonderful stay!! I highly recommend this hotel! No complaints what so ever!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel was everything I was told it would be....clean, modern, courteous, and delicious. The room was oversized with 2 queen beds...a bathroom to die for. Very clean and fresh. The comp coffee in the lobby was consistently good. And the breakfast was very tasty. We will be back at this location for sure!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I usually stay in Downtown Columbus when I travel here for business, but this trip everything was sold out. I tried this Hampton Inn instead, ends up it was closer to my destination and it was exactly what I needed this trip! The hotel staff was SO GREAT (the airlines lost my luggage so they gave me complimentary toiletries to make it easier on me)! When my luggage arrived they made sure it got to my room immediately. The evening cookies & hot tea (or coffee) are a nice treat to have waiting for you when you walk in at night. The rooms were clean & comfortable - everything I expect from a Hampton Inn. And it is located in sort of an industrial area (and I have stayed at another hotel close by), this is the BEST hotel in this area! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business