“Best Home Cooking Ever!!!”

DAS Dutch Haus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Columbiana
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Millersville, Maryland
“Best Home Cooking Ever!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have been going to this resaurant for years. It is the closest to my grandma's home cooking. We have NEVER been disappointed with a meal. The staff are ALWAYS nice and helpful, the food it AMAZING!!!

If your looking for a great, down home, country cooked meal, this is your kind of place! Their cakes, pies and deserts are all good too! Every year at the holiday's we order pies and cakes from the Dutch House and the are delicious!!!!

3 Thank Jme S

Ohio
“Too Much Salt”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been here a few times previously and enjoyed the food. This time I ordere a grilled ham and cheese and salad bar. The sandwich was super salty. They must have used a ton of salted butter on the bread and the ham was very salty as well. All I could taste was salt. I do not enjoy salt. The salad bar was good. The waitress was nice.

1 Thank Mary E
Canton, Ohio
“Not the best this time...”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stop here for lunch a couple times a year when traveling through the area. I usually order a sandwich and the salad bar which is what I did this time.
First off, luckily I checked my chair before I sat down because there was a liquid and crumbs all over it.
Second, the tongs for the lettuce were sticky... I understand if there is salad dressing on the salad dressing ladles, but why were the lettuce tongs sticky?
Third, I ordered the BBQ chopped ham sandwich which was the special for the day and it was extremely salty! I eat ham often and add BBQ sauce to most meats I eat, there was no reason for this sandwich to have so much salt. I will not order this sandwich here again...

To Management,
1) Ensure those busing the tables do not make a mess on the chairs. This can lead to very unhappy guests if they don't catch the mess like I did before sitting down.
2) Keep the salad bar clean! There is no reason for the lettuce tongs to be sticky!
3) Take it easy on the salt on the BBQ Ham sandwich.

I have not had these issues in the past, so maybe this was just a bad day. Don't rack up the number of bad days.

4 Thank SuperPoser
Salem, Ohio
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and i occasionally eat breakfast here. Their breakfast buffet is pretty good and provides a fair number of choices. I wish there were not quite so many fried foods on it, but it is still pretty good. The service has always been very good. We have also had lunch here and we have found the menu to be pretty good and varied. The food is good and again the service has been very good. A good value.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank n3ra
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Not what is advertised”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm sorry to say it, but I just can't recommend it. The restaurant is a huge place and the food is more similar to what you'd find in a cafeteria than "home cooking." Plus, the food just isn't very healthy. For example, the choice of sides was french fries, baked potato, tater tots, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. Our local seafood place offers grilled vegetables, stewed tomatoes, side salad, Caesar salad, broccoli, asparagus, and french fries. The only saving grace was the salad bar which is included with most meals. Oh, the wait staff was really nice, so that was a plus.
One of the other turn-offs was that the bakery shop was full of plastic, junky toys & gadgets made in China. That is super super strange!! Why couldn't they just carry homemade baked goods and some homemade Ohio products? Very disappointing!

• Visited August 2012