“Good place to eat”

DAS Dutch Haus Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Columbiana
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Salem, Ohio
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and i occasionally eat breakfast here. Their breakfast buffet is pretty good and provides a fair number of choices. I wish there were not quite so many fried foods on it, but it is still pretty good. The service has always been very good. We have also had lunch here and we have found the menu to be pretty good and varied. The food is good and again the service has been very good. A good value.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank n3ra

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Not what is advertised”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm sorry to say it, but I just can't recommend it. The restaurant is a huge place and the food is more similar to what you'd find in a cafeteria than "home cooking." Plus, the food just isn't very healthy. For example, the choice of sides was french fries, baked potato, tater tots, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. Our local seafood place offers grilled vegetables, stewed tomatoes, side salad, Caesar salad, broccoli, asparagus, and french fries. The only saving grace was the salad bar which is included with most meals. Oh, the wait staff was really nice, so that was a plus.
One of the other turn-offs was that the bakery shop was full of plastic, junky toys & gadgets made in China. That is super super strange!! Why couldn't they just carry homemade baked goods and some homemade Ohio products? Very disappointing!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great for Out-of-Towners”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Keep in mind there is not much else in the area and this is a really good place. I go most the time I am in the area for business. The food is not fantastic but good. The salad bar and menu are pretty extensive and the service and friendly atmoshere give it an extra star. The pastries in the morning are really great! This is a very good place to stop when passing through.

• Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perhaps the finest turkey dinner I have ever had!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Since a turkey dinner is my favorite meal, I decided to order the Das Dutch Haus version when we stopped here after a trip to the Shaker Woods Festival. I ordered the turkey with all white meat, mashed potatoes, stuffing, a side of mixed vegetable with cheese and extra cranberries. The turkey was melt-in-your mouth tender. The gravy was exceptional. The homemade mashed potatoes were whipped to perfection. My wife had the beef tips over noodles which was also outstanding. The broccoli salad on the salad bar was first class. We took home some of the coffee cake which is available in the bakery. The coffee cake alone is worth the trip - some of the best you will find anywhere. I may have to skip Thanksgiving dinner with the family next year and come here. Sorry, Mom!

Mansfield, Ohio
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We arrived just before 8pm, closing time. We asked if it was okay to be seated and they were very accommodating. 3 of us had the buffet, I had the baked turkey dinner. I am SO glad I chose off the menu. My meal was delicious. The stuffing was regular Amish-type, but the turkey was so tender and juicy and I had so much that each of the children at our table also ate from my plate (they both ate food from the buffet as well) and enjoyed it. Salad bar was clean and stocked with normal fresh choices as well as red beet and mustard eggs, lots of homemade salads, homemade croutons and yummy fruits, jello and puddings. Went to the buffet to help my son and he was pleased with the mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, mac and cheese and broasted chicken. There were also several different types of seafood on the buffet, but none of us tasted them (it was late and it did not look that good.) The most important thing, however, was our kind waitress. She treated us so well and even when the noodles were out at the buffet and my son was told by an employee at the buffet that there weren't any more, she brought him a big bowl of noodles! It made his evening! The food was reasonably priced (buffet was about $11, my entree $12), the serving sizes were huge, the waitstaff kind and helpful, and it was a good restaurant. We will return!