All reviewswafflessuitable roomdrive homefree breakfast iswe've stayedan overnight stayrooms are cleanport clintonbed was comfortableohiocereallaundry
Reviewed August 14, 2017

The moment I walked into the hotel I had a poor experience. The front desk staff was on the phone and did not acknowledge our existence at the desk at all. Thirty minutes later we were in our room. The room was in deplorable condition. There was mold in the corner of the bathroom, crusty dirt like gunk on the handle, and the tub had a Vanir finish over it, to hide the hole underneath the tub. When you stepped in, you thought for sure you would fall thru, or break something with all the cracking it made (not to mention you could feel the whole which was the size of a fist).
The floor had a brown stain on it, that honestly, looked like some animal had pooped on the floor and it had not been steamed clean. The counters and drawers were filthy. They had dust all over them and dirt in the drawers. The pillows were frisbee flat. I asked the staff for extra pillows and was met with a rude “I can only give you two”. This made me feel like I was an inconvenience to them. I tried calling to the front desk that night, and was on the phone for 10 minutes before I hung up from frustration.
The next morning we went to breakfast at 8 am. There was no coffee, no eggs or sausage, the juice machine kept giving a concoction of both apple and orange juice mix, a few bagels and a few donuts and some cereal was all that was left. I can’t comment on the waffle maker, or the refrigerated food. After all we had been through with this hotel, I was honestly scared to try any of it. The staff told us that the hot food was cooking and it would be out soon, then shut the door and never appeared for a good hour.
The pool had debris in it. My mother went in and there was disintegrated rubber bands and un- identifiable things in the bottom. There was a hot tub there. It had been converted to part of the pool (which is fine if…). The jet knobs were disintegrating in the pool as well. Upkeep is not a priority at this hotel. There was a handicapped individual who was going to use the pool chair to get in the pool. They had to wait for a long time for someone to come help them with the battery pack, then the thing hadn’t even been charged!
When I checked out I told the staff about how dissatisfied I was. Instead of saying “sorry” for my troubles, I was met with excuse after excuse. If we hadn’t been so tired and in the middle of corn fields we would have left right away. For the price I paid I didn’t expect a three star hotel, but I did expect one that respected their hotel and customers more then they did. I will never stay at this hotel, or any other Red Roof Inn again! Very dissatisfied! I also have pictures to show what I was talking about.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Annette R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Ariel D.... please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent stay not meeting your expectations. Please be assured that I have addressed my staff it is unacceptable to be rude or unconcerned with a guests issue. I thank you for bringing all issues to our attention so we can correct them. I want to say it was our first weekend with the eggs and sausage so we are still working on getting the kinks out and getting system in place so we have no one going without a good hot breakfast. Once again, I do apologize for all of the inconveniences.

Annette R

Reviewed August 3, 2017

Booked 3 rooms months in advance asking for renovated rooms. When we got there, they were all "given away." When we asked whether our friends had arrived in the other 2 rooms which we were paying for, we were told we weren't allowed to know that information in a very curt manner. When we pressed whether our friends had checked in we were told NO when in fact they had arrived. I understand all about privacy laws but this is a bit extreme when people are traveling together and the person paying for the rooms can't know whether they are occupied. Our room had mold in the corners of the bathtub which can easily be taken care of by an observant staff. The grounds looked tired with overgrown grass and weeds. Had to turn fan off as it sent an odor into the room. We recommend that management take a stroll once in a while around the grounds and in the rooms from a first-time customer's perspective.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. It might mean the difference in your experience.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Annette R, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2017

Ted A.... Thank you for staying with us. I want to apologize for not being able to accommodate your request for renovated rooms. We try our best to honor request but sometimes unforeseen circumstances prevent us from doing so. I also want to apologize for how you were treated at your arrival regarding your friends and the privacy laws. I have addressed this issue with our front desk staff. Housekeeping has been advised to be checking and cleaning tubs and the caulk on a daily basis. We strive to have friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms. I will take your recommendation in to affect and walk property with the mindset of a new guest. We hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable. We hope if you are ever in the area you will stay with us again.
Thank you!
Annette Ryan

Reviewed May 27, 2017

Not many choices in Clyde, so this was the second time we've stayed here. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. We looked at the breakfast buffet in the morning and decided it wasn't for us. There's a pool, but we didn't use it.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2017

Having a hotel provide you with a free breakfast is a good way to stretch your travel dollars and this place feeds you well. Clean rooms, friendly staff, as well as pet friendly. There are places to go and things to see nearby as well.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2017

We needed a place to crash for the night after a night of bowling at Plaza Lanes in Fremont. Red Roof in Clyde met our needs since it was only 5 miles down the road from the bowling alley. We booked a King room which had a pull out sofa which could have slept 2 adults. It also had a mini fridge, safe and microwave. The room was clean and was priced right. We had a great night of bowling, drinking and dancing with the band Big Dead Toe. We took an Uber to Plaza and then caught the free shuttle the bowling alley provides back to the hotel. It was a fun night out!!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Vicki T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Thank You very much for choosing to stay with us at the Red Roof Inn! We always enjoy hearing back from our guest after their stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next stay with us!
Thank You again!