“Clean rooms”
Review of Red Roof Inn Clyde

Red Roof Inn Clyde
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clyde
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I called to get a last minute reservation the price quoted was high. I did priceline and got the room for half! It's not fancy, seems to cater to construction workers but other than the noise I got a clean room and it has wifi, pool (which is indoors), and "breakfast". No coffee maker in the rooms but a safe, mini fridge and microwave. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014
0578K_Ritter, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Angela b.

It was wonderful to hear the positive comments about our location. We strive to make sure each guest has a quality value stay. I hope that if you are in the area of a Red Roof Inn. You will choose the same value that you found in us.

Karen Ritter
General Manager Front Desk.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Clyde

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We nominate the Red Roof Inn at Clyde, Ohio, as their "Best in Chain". Pleasant, clean, comfortable, congenial and helpful staff, wonderful complimentary breakfast. We've stayed here many times and always happy. We say "Best in Chain" (although we've been to just a handful of RR's) because there just can't be any that are better. Visited May 4-5, 2014.

Room Tip: Nice stay in a quaint rural Ohio town.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank yaggykj
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Yaggykj

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff strives to make sure every guest is treated like family and that we meet your expectation. I assure you this will be shared with our staff and that we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We usually travel any distance in our 5th wheel trailer as we don't care for motels. Because of the weather we just drove with our 2 Sheltie dogs. The pet policy brought us to Clyde. Super clean motel and friendly staff. The breakfast was unexpected bonus. Although it was a bit out of the way from the Ohio turnpike, it was well worth the distance in the cleanliness of the room and the price and value in the stay. We rebooked on the way back home to Michigan as this was a great motel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Liz R
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Liz R

It was wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff works really hard to go above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Your kind words will be shared with all our staff.

Thanks you

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is our second time staying at this Red Roof. When we first stayed here in 2011, the building was almost brand new and was very clean. I believe I gave it 3 stars back then.

But three years later, it looked like it had aged ten. Most notable and disturbing was the definite smoke odor on the 3rd floor. Indeed the front desk confirmed that that floor has smoking rooms.

While the room itself was odor free, no doubt there were carcinogens there. It gets in the ventilation system, gets tracked in from the hallway carpet, even in the laundry. What I find unfathomable is that the owners of this hotel would allow smoking in their brand new building at all. Don't they know that they will have to REPLACE THE CARPET, WALLPAPER, CURTAINS AND MATTRESSES MUCH MUCH EARLIER THAN A SMOKE-FREE HOTEL BECAUSE THE PUTRID SMOKE, NICOTINE, AND ASH WILL RUIN EVERYTHING SO MUCH SOONER?

The owners of this hotel need to step up and ban smoking at this building before it gets any worse. If they won't do it then the Red Roof Inn Corporation needs to ban smoking company wide. Some other Red Roofs are already smoke free, why not this one?

I can't understand why they have to subject 80% of their guests to satisfy the cravings of the selfish and inconsiderate 20% of the population that smokes. If they ever did they would save the lungs of tens of thousands of children and other non-smoking guests...as well as save millions of dollars.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker complain to the Red Roof Corporation that you would like this building to go...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rabscuttle02
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel after a long day of railfanning in Greenwich, OH. The hotel was very good about scheduling, as we didn't get to the room until until very late at night and they were very accommodating. Also, the breakfast is a great deal, and checkout time isn't until noon, so there is no rush in the mornings. Finally, the hotel as a decent view of the tracks on the backside of the buildings which may be of interest to some people.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shaun S
0578K_Ritter, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear Shaun S

Thank you for taking the time to leave wonderful comments about our location. We strive to make sure that we meet all expectations and exceed them. It was wonderful to hear that we accommodated your schedule and needs. We hope that if you are in the area again you will allow us to be your host.

Red Roof Inn Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

When we first get there, someone had canceled the reservation I had and then they make a new reservation and charge us for that too, when we got to the room I found a dead b roach in the corner of the room, the pool is not kept heated like they say ice cold ask them to turn it up and they don't or claim they do, my daughter got hurt by another guest child I reported it and the vandalism to my care to customer care and the police and after I do, I try to go get another night and to my surprise management decides to the desk clerk we have to go. Plus after housekeeping cleaned my room my the 2nd day my gold band ring my grandmother gave me before she died went missing and when I was told I had another night add on I didn't, and the people at the desk at night are rude, it is so noisy that it kept my baby up, dont recommend swimming in the pool at all is is to cold and they don't get after older kids for rough housing and hurting other kids and allow you to be harassed by guest, they don't even make your bed and forget to give you towels or fresh sheets and the popcorn taste stale and the breakfast is piss poor and they stare you down while your getting breakfast made me feel nervous and uncomfortable, no one is at the desk when u need them at all, the one night worker is rude and always has a atitude and the person who told us we had to leave was rude and with our car getting vandalized, not a good stay don't recommend this hotel to anyone they are not family friendly and you have to do there job as in cleaning your room and changing the sheets and getting your own towels, and the fitness room had a foul smell and we couldn't even get the key to the treadmill because no desk clerk was at the desk, don't recommend this hotel to anyone especially if they have kids.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank sassypants86
0578K_Ritter, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Sassypants86

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry your experience was less then desirable. We take comfort, safety and security of all our guest very seriously and work closely with the local authorities to maintain a safe environment our guest expect. Again, I appreciate your feedback.

General Area Manager

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We visit the area regularly to see my wife's family and to photograph weddings in the region. The staff always treats us extremely well. They go out of their way to "do the little things" without being asked. We've arrived after a long day of shooting and they have purposely put us on the first floor because they know we have equipment we don't want to leave in the car. In our opinion, the nicest Red Roof Inn we have ever stayed at. Breakfast choice is very good for an inexpensive hotel. Pool is nice. :) Haven't had any problems with cleanliness, odor, noise etc. Have been there in the past when they were pretty busy... lots of kids, etc. Wasn't a problem for us.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
0578K_Ritter, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

We like to think of our customers as family so anything we can do to make your stay easier we do. You are always such a pleasure when you stay here and the pictures you both take are incredible you really capture the feeling for the couples on their special day. I hope the trip home wasn't to bad and we look forward to seeing you soon. I'm sorry I missed you this trip but hopefully next time I will see you. Until next time safe travels and the best of health are being sent your way.
Amanda Obregon
Manager Clyde Red Roof Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clyde
Bellevue Hotel & Suites
#2 of 2 in Clyde
Quality Inn And Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont

Been to Red Roof Inn Clyde? Share your experiences!