“Great Value, Friendly Staff, and Clean!”
Review of Red Roof Inn Clyde

Red Roof Inn Clyde
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clyde
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Clyde many times - as have many members of my immediate family. It is in a perfect location for traveling home to visit our relatives in the Fremont/Clyde/Sandusky area. I've found that every stay has been a positive one. The staff is always friendly and courteous with some of them having worked at this hotel for quite some time. I've never experienced an issue here. I suppose you could be pay more to stay right at the turnpike exit if you wish, but the Red Roof Inn is a solid value only 10 minutes away. Give it a shot.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor and the highway side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
0578K_Ritter, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for continuing to stay with us! We are happy that you return to us and your family also. Many of our returning guests are like our family too, since as you said many of us have been here for a couple of years. We look forward to your next trip! Hope to see you soon, for another great stay.
Sincerly,
Amanda Obregon
Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and both times have been wonderful. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay there is pleasant. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. I do know that if I have reason to have to stay in the area again, I would gladly stay at this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Angie

It was wonderful to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. When hear postive comments about our property and staff it tells us what we are doing right and what we are doing right and how we can improve. On behalf of our staff, we appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I travel often, We had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn, But I glad I found this place. Everyone was wonderful. Every time we walked by the front desk they would be smiles and greet you. The breakfast had so much to offer. We wanted banana or some peanut butter but only Apples and cream cheese, I mentioned this to the Desk (Karen I believe was her name) The next morning she had brought in for us banana's and a jar of peanut butter. It was very nice that she went out of her way to make us feel special. The room was very clean and looked like it had been newly remodeled. Nice firm bed and flat screen TV. The pool was alittle on the chilly side, but once you get in you get use to the tempature. I not sure if we will be back to ohio, But if all Red Roof Inns are like Clyde, I a guest for life.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Sally M.

Your Comments about your stay are greatly appreciated. We thank you for your business and for tellng us how much you enjoyed our customer service. We love to get feedback from our guests. Please come back as often as you like. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Found our room clean, comfortable and quiet. The pool area looked nice too but we did not use it. The breakfast offered in the morning too does the job and total room price was far less than other quality hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the south side of the hotel for a more quiet room. You also then will look out...

Dear BobMiich
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience. We truly value imput from our guests and your kinds words mean the world! We look forward to seeing you on a return trip to our area.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I took a group of 18 girls on a retreat in Fremont and chose this hotel because it was close to the venue. I thought because it was a well known chain that it would be a decent hotel. I was very disappointed when we entered the hallway to the third floor and smelled cigarette smoke. When we entered the first of our four rooms, there was a dog in the neighboring room that was barking. This continued throughout our two night stay.
The hallway always smelled like smoke and I had two girls with severe allergies and asthma. They had to use their inhalers several times during our stay. I found a tick in my neck the second day I was there and spoke with the front desk... they assured me that there had not been a dog in that room for a long time... Not sure where it could have come from seeing that it was not there the night before.
When we left for the retreat our second day there, we returned to rooms that had not been cleaned (the small trash cans were overflowing). We also did not receive clean towels.
But- the worst part is... on our final day there, one of our chaperone's showed me several large bites she had under her armpit. They were raised and very large. She explained to me that she thought they were flee bites because of the reaction she had to them. She is allergic to bug bites (I took a picture for our records). Today, two days later, she tells me she has been to the doctor who confirmed that they are BED BUG bites! She has a total of 47 bites on her face, armpits, back, and hands. She has to take several different medications to counter the allergic reaction she is having from them. How disappointing that we experienced so many problems from choosing this hotel. We will be sure never to stay at a Red Roof again.

I do want to say that the front desk employees were very kind.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank danceratpazaz
0578K_Ritter, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Danceratpazaz:

First of all, let me apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. I am so sorry that you had to seek medical attention after your visit with us. Although we did not visually find any evidence of bugs in this case, we do take all claims very seriously. We ask a professional company to come and verify the condition of the room and treat the room if necessary. I am also sorry for the noise from the dog. Red Roof Inn is pet friendly nationwide, and while we do not allow pets to be left unattended, unfortunately some pet owners make better guests than others. Finally, I can understand how the smell of smoke can be irritating. Due to the number of smokers who still require lodging, we do still offer smoking rooms. We do not, however, allow smoking in the hallways or public areas of the inn. It is difficult to police this policy at times, and I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused you.

Let me assure you the problems that you experienced are not common at our inn. We are proud of the cleanliness standards that we have put into place and the satisfaction scores our guests do give us. We want to provide a safe environment for all our guests and ensure a return visit from each guest. I hope you find an occasion to frequent Red Roof Inn in the future. Thank you for bringing all these items to our attention and please contact me if further assistance is needed.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We like to stay around Lake Erie because there are so many wonderful attractions. Clyde is in the center of many things. Nearby Fremont has the President Rutherford B Hayes home and museum with great Genealogy information. Cedar Point Amusement Park is fantastic in the summer as are the islands - Put-in-Bay and Kelleys. Toledo has one of the best zoos and art museum in America. The hotel has a pool and exercise room that help get you in shape for many activities. Nice good fresh coffee every with other breakfast items. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Hello r2travel: I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience. As a rural area hotel we truly value input from our guest and y our kinds words mean he world. We look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

While visiting Cedar Point for a quick Halloween weekend getaway, our family needed a place to stay overnight. Unfortunately, for families on a tight budget, Sandusky either offers expensive accommodations or dirt cheap flea bag rooms. Despite the 20 minute ride, we choose the Red Roof Inn, since it was the only place that got decent ratings.

We spent all day at the park and called the hotel to make sure we could check in late. The front desk operator was extremely helpful and nice telling us that the front desk was manned 24 hours so we could check in at any time.. When we arrived, the building was quiet and the room was pleasantly surprising. The whole room was clean and the beds were comfortable....no problems whatsoever.

We were lucky that the hotel seemed empty, so noise was kept to a minimum. I don't know how it would be if the hotel was filled. Since we were in a hurry to leave, we did not get to enjoy breakfast either.

I have stayed at more expensive hotels in the area, but would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. We were all very pleased at how well the hotel worked out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Truetraveler8
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience. We truly value imput from our guests and your kind wors mean the world! We look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Karen Ritter

Been to Red Roof Inn Clyde? Share your experiences!