“NOT YOUR MAMMA'S GRILLED CHEESE”

Melt Bar and Grilled
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Melt Bar and Grilled features gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, craft beers and signature cocktails in an eclectic, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Featured on several national television programs and in countless publications, Melt puts a new spin on traditional bar food in a setting that is cool, fun and very unique. In addition to Melt's signature grilled cheese sandwiches, many vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free options, appetizers, salads and desserts are also available. Patrons may dine in, order take-out, or speak to a staff member about catering their next event. Melt Bar and Grilled is an independently owned and operated restaurant group based in Cleveland, Ohio. Melt was created in 2006 by owner/founder Matt Fish with the simple goal of providing great food and awesome craft beers in a very fun and unique atmosphere. Melt has grown from its humble small storefront beginnings to multiple regional locations with more organic growth planned. Melt continues to grow and prosper because of The Melt Family: The amazing staff and management team. Thank you and welcome to Melt!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

On a recent trip to Cleveland I wanted to try out a new local place. My friend picked to take me to Melt. Which I had heard of before. I had the Hot Italian and it was fantastic. The beer list was like a book, but with help from our server we found some great selections. The day we we were there was the anniversary of the brown out that plagued the east coast some years ago. so none of the overhead lights or TV.s were on . ( that was weird, but ok.)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

What fun it was eating at a local establishment. Forget the chain restaurants and enjoy the unique experience at Melt. My daughter ate at Melt several times while a student at JCU. She suggested we give it a try and I can tell you for $10 or less per sandwich you won't be disappointed... My wife and daughter had the mushroom melt while I tried the local german sausage. All the sanwhiches came with fries and cole slaw. The decor is Kitchy and cozy. Love all the illuminated plastic figurines. We will be back!

1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed August 19, 2013

From the absurd decorations, to the silly menu, you can NOT have a bad time here. Lots of variations of grilled cheese sandwiches, with vast quantities of spiced fries and goofy drinks. I wish there was a franchise like this my area as I'd happily return.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stopped while visiting relatives in OH. We discovered it because it was featured on The Travel Channel and the menu sounded interesting. Melt surpassed our expectations. We ate some of the most awesome gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. The staff was awesome, welcoming and entertaining. The atmosphere was great! Nothing but awesome things to say about this place! I highly recommend Melt Bar and Grilled to anyone visiting the Cleveland area! I can't wait to go visit my relatives again so we can go back!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

If you like cheese this is the place for you. All kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches with many other ingredients added. Fun place and good food. Portions are huge.