“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Review of Anatolia Cafe

Anatolia Cafe
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I love the food at Anatolia, but the service has been going down the hill and it's very obvious they don't have enough servers. And yet, they pack the restaurant instead of leaving some tables empty.

On a recent visit, no one even approached us for 20 minutes. Our drinks were wrong, some appetizers were mixed up or forgotten, we had to ask for extra pita 4 times, no one filled our waters, and so on. Dinners were either scorching hot or cold and some of our friends had to leave before the dinners arrived because it took so long.

If you really want to dine here, I suggest avoiding the weekend.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Clevelander83

• Arabic first
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food but indifferent, neglectful service. We felt like we didnt exist.”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I hope this was a fluke but have been to Anatole before and the food has always been very good but on our last visit on the 23rd of June we were not greeted upon our arrival had to wait to be escorted to a window seat and then sat there for 20 minutes looking around at the milling service people like we didnt exist before a waitress came and said, "so what do you want to eat". We told her one usually asks for a drink order first. She agreed, took our drink order but never came back. Then ten minutes later a male comes and gives our drinks and then disappears. We finally ordered and ate. It was the usual excellant meat. Upon leaving there was no one to say goodbye or acknowledge us in any appropriate way. This inspite of numerous staff walking around. Strange place. I emailed the manager to tell him my experience thinking he would be interested in hearing my experience given we have been there several times when we are in Cleveland (we live in Columbus). I have not gotten a response which, like the disturbing story below me on the nite afterwards leads me to the conclusion he just doesnt care. That's a shame. because indifferent, neglectful service can really spoil otherwise excellant food and make one not want to return.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank davidjohng
Cleveland, Ohio
“Robbed and assaulted within a block of restaurant”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

my wife and I dined here Saturday night. We left the restaurant and within a block we were robbed and assaulted by a gang of thugs. I spent the night in the hospital with fractures and trauma to my head. When I was well enough to talk I called the owner and stopped by the restaurant to personally tell him what happened and to ask for his help in increasing security in the neighborhood. He would not see me and did not return my calls. This is not a restaurrant I ever want to go back to again. There have been numerous robberies on Lee Road. I won't go back to this area to dine until I know its safe. If your reading this and coming in from out of town please avoid this area. It is very dangerous.

my wife and I have traveled the world and never experienced anything close to this.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank coyotetraveler
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant on Lee Road. If you like...”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Best restaurant on Lee Road. If you like meat this is your restaurant. Personable and interesting staff. Try the kuneifa dessert. Fantastic.

cleveland ohio, USA
“Lee Road favorite”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Our favorite place on lee road in Cleveland heights, whether eating and drinking Turkish beer at the bar or in the airy and arty dining room. Lots of very tasty and healthy appetizers and entrees.