“Great stop for casual brunch”

Jack Flaps Luncheonette
Ranked #198 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Thanks to the reviews here, we stopped at Jack Flaps on a Sunday morning hoping to get a table. Luck was in our corner at 9am and there were plenty of tables available. Only one server was handling the entire room, yet our orders were promptly taken and coffee arrived.

Someone had highly recommended the Lavender pancakes and the Korean sausage, so that was my order, along with a mimosa. My husband had the F'__ing Best Breakfast Burrito. We shared our entrees and agreed both were amazing, although next time I'm going to get the burrito. The tangy shredded beef was memorable. The pancakes were huge, yummy and very fluffy, but just too much carbs for me. The sausage was very tasty and unique too. I would get that again in a heartbeat.

By the time we departed, a line was forming. There is a sign-in sheet to request a table when it gets busy.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Located inside a quiet little shopping mall on Euclid Street about 1/2
block from The Arcade, this small little restaurant serves breakfast
basics with a twist. Such as pancakes with cinnamon & honey, and the
incredibly flavorful bacon ( each strip seemed 1/4 “ thick) !

Good coffee, very reasonable prices combined with fast friendly service
make this a great spot to begin your day.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

I almost have trouble putting into words just how horrible this place was. We paid $32 for two people to eat breakfast, so right off the bat the prices were extremely inflated. Now, I certainly don’t mind paying for good food, but the food was horrible and the service was just as bad. We waited over 30 minutes for our food, which arrived separately. My husband was almost finished with this meal, by the time I finally asked the waitress what happened mine. She was extremely apologetic, but when we arrived they were maybe 3 other tables with diners. How long does it take to make a couple pancakes waffles and eggs? Apparently not that long, because it was obvious our food had set awhile before it was brought out, because everything was cold. The pancakes were dry and flavorless, and the waffle was so hard it hurt my finger to cut it. The waitress could clearly see we hardly touch most of her food, but obviously didn’t care.I don’t even know how this places of business.

1  Thank suzannable
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We arrived in Cleveland on a very early flight, our family suggested breakfast! We had a little bit of trouble finding the place, its a storefront in a mall.....but once we found it, happy we did! The atmosphere is nothing special, but its neat and clean....and small. We were seated right away and offered coffee or other beverage.....we ordered 4 meals and 2 sides...All very good! Especially liked the Pumpkin Eggs Benedict, along with the Bourbon Apple Waffle. Generous portions! Good food, good service! We would go back!

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We happened upon this place as it in a little retail strip beside the Residence Inn. A young couple was waiting to get in and told us it "was great, a little different, but everything they have tried was really good". We ended up sharing a table with them and talked Cleveland sports. We had waffles, which were large, thick, light, fluffy and flavorful. I had the Bourbon Apple for $11.50, the sauce was very tasty, not overpowering with Bourbon or apple. My wife had just plain at $8.50, the syrup was lightly sweet and a hint of cinnamon? Cute little place. With orange juice our bill came to $23 plus tax, for a very nice breakfast.