“My husband and I enjoyed 2 lovely nights...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
“My husband and I enjoyed 2 lovely nights...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed 2
lovely nights at this hotel. The rooms are spacious & clean.
We were lucky to get a Lake Erie view, which was fabulous. The room service food from Encore was great, try the scallops w/lobster risotto. The caprese salad was huge and a great deal at only $8. The location was great, but understand an urban center like Cleveland involves walking. Friendly staff. For those who might be looking for an amazing grocer/wine store, Cupertino's in the Warehouse District is a must!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear andierayuap,

Thank you for sharing such positive comments regarding your recent stay at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room and our staff met all of your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

Hospitality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

My husband and I chose the Wyndham based on previous experiences we had with wyndham. We opted for brand/name loyalty, but were greatly disappointed. The best experience from the trip we had were the valet attendants and the young ladies in the restaurant. They all were helpful, cheerful and a pleasure. The front desk staff has much to be desired. There are many people out of work that would be a lot happier and (more pleasant) to have their job. Your front dest staff is suppose to be your "best" and give customers the best "first impression". Upon entering our room we noticed there was no clock, no refrigerator, no hair dryer and no do not disturb sign. There is a sign in the restrom asking you to use your towels for two days to save on water and detergent. The sign asks you to hang them on the towel rack, there was no towel rack in the room. When asked about the refrigerator they said only suites had them. Ok fine, well the next day I saw the room next to mine with a fridge and microwave, when I questioned the front desk again they said "oh, you have to request that and if it's available you'll be accommadated. Why wasn't that info disclosed when I first asked? When I called for towels they never came, 30 minutes later I called again and they said well, "we came but you had a do not disturb sign on the door". But if I called for you to come up then, knock! Oh did I mention that sign was the one i made of notebook paper? So, someone came to the room saw the note and still didn't have enough sense to bring a wyndham "do not disturb" sign up. Who is really running this hotel? I finally received a hair dryer and clock, but I must tell ya the clock was a broken one! I asked the front desk for comment cards on 2 different occasions and I'm back home still waiting. One lady on Saturday assured me she would send them up to my room, never received. The pool restroom looks like one you would find outside on a beach that's never cleaned. As my husband checked the room to make sure we didn't leave anything behind he found a beer can under the bed that was NOT ours, so obviously cleaning is an issue. Upon checking out the bill they printed for me was $102 (more) different from my confirmation they emailed me. The Monday morning front desk clerk told me there was a problem in their system when they sent me my confirmation on June 2. Well, it's July 19 and no one has notified me or said anything, as a matter of fact upon checking in they verified the discount and price. The clerk with an attitude had the nerve to tell me well, next time .......I stopped her and assured her there "WON"T" be a next time. Please don't waste you time or hard earned money here. This place was a JOKE!!!! Costs way to much for an experience like this.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BNunn9
Dear BNunn,

Thank you for choosing Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent visit. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and will work to improve our service. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Hospitality Manager

Travelers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

We visited this hotel over the July 4th week-end and had a great time in Cleveland. We were doing a road trip with our Corvette and found that the valets at the hotel took very good care of it. No problems with parking it or getting our car in a timely manner. The people at the front desk were very nice and friendly but over worked. It took a long time to check in and out or to get questions answered. The could really use a Concierge desk to help people with questions about getting around town, things to do and places to dine. One bartender seem a little grumpy. The hotel does have a large wedding scene of Sat/Sun, but we didn't run into any drunk/noisy people. They provided a van to help people get from place to place which was very handy- only problem was wedding use had priority. Pool was cloudy so didn't use.
We had a great room with a King bed, very comfy and quiet. Clean.
Found lots of great places to dine while we were there. Loved East 4th street. Just do research in advance and get reservations. Had breakfast at little diner behind hotel, nice owner. We would stay again if they got more help at the front desk.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Dear acaida,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided regarding your recent experience at Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We are glad to hear that our staff and your room were accommodating. Rest assured that the few areas of opportunity you mentioned will be addressed.

Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

Took a long weekend to visit Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Booked this hotel based on previous comments. Some of those who reviewed this hotel must not travel much. We travel 4 - 6 times a year and have stayed in 3 - 5 star hotels from San Diego, Naples, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls, Myrtle Beach and Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is in downtown Cleveland in the "playhouse district". There is litlle or no action going on in the theatre area. Most buildings are boarded up. There are no restaurants or stores in the area, except for a Starbucks. This hotel is a local wedding venue and awful for visitors. We spent two nights with drunken guests roaming the hotel halls till 2 - 3am. Young children were left unattended to swim in the hotel pools. Staff is sullen and the public areas are dirty (elevators, mirrors etc). Upon checking out the valet took over 30 minutes to bring our car (3 valets on duty - no other guests around).

• 1 of 5 bubbles
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Dear ValpoMom,

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent visit to Cleveland. While it is true that some of the area businesses have closed, there are many other local attractions and restaurants in the vicinity that are amazing. Our shuttle driver welcomes the opportunity to show you around town if your travels bring you back to Cleveland.

St. Thomas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stayed here when we visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Got a package deal ($129) which included valet parking and 2 adult tickets for only an additional $15...well worth it when you consider the attraction tickets are regularly $22 each! There was a free shuttle there too, although we chose to drive and park ($7 at the science centre next door) which allowed us to take as much time as we wanted. The room was beautiful and spacious with very comfortable beds/pillows and a nicely appointed bathroom. The bathroom products are premium quality. The only downfall was the tv was older and I don't think there is any pool in the hotel (and least we couldn't find one)!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear SunnyBlueSkyDays,

Thank you for such complimentary comments regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Rock Hall Package and the amenities that came along with it. Your positive feedback has been passed along to all of our departments. Again, thank you for staying at Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We look forward to your next visit.

Luz Perez
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

We went to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and to see a Cleveland Indians vs Boston Red Sox game, and were happy with this hotel. We got a Hall of Fame special which included free tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for each of the three days we were there. In addition, they threw in complimentary breakfast buffet (otherwise would have been $12.95) and free valet parking! The staff was friendly, and the room comfortable. There are no frills here, just the basics, but still very nice. There is a great street of restaurants called East 4th St about 5 blocks away (walking distance), also walking distance to Progressive Field for the ballgame. Be sure to visit the "Christmas Story" museum when visiting Cleveland. It's about a 15 minute drive and if you've watched the film, you'll enjoy the museum. Cleveland has some interesting restaurants, just do some research on Trip Advisor, and you'll have a good time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Dear DavidWMassachusetts,

Thank you for sharing the positive experience you encountered while visiting Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our city and were able to take advantage of our many great attractions. We look forward to your next visit.

Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband surprised me with a "mini" escape from our normal Saturday night out with a trip into Cleveland and a room at the Wyndham Hotel, dinner, drinks, and a walk thru the theatre district. Our hotel room was such a surprise - it was very spacious and clean. The oversized bed and numerous pillows made me feel like a queen, and aided in a peaceful night of rest after our evening out. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet the following morning, and Marta, our server was so very sweet and polite. Infact, all the employees that we encountered were pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for one or more evenings when staying in Cleveland, Ohio. - You won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear FirstMateL14,

Thank you for such kind remarks regarding your stay at Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. It was a pleasure to hear that your "mini" escape went so well. I have personally passed along your positive comments to Marta and the rest of our team.