“Loved the suite - great experience at a great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Cleveland, OH
“Loved the suite - great experience at a great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

We spent Valentine's Day here and were very pleased with our entire experience. Great room and great service! Will definitely stay here again :)

• 4 of 5 stars
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Dear mhcox,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Wyndham Cleveland @ PlayhoueSquare. We look forward to providing you with the same exceptional service in the near future.

L Perez
Hospitality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed here for a business trip. The room was comfortable and quiet, however, I would have liked more lighting in certain parts of the room. As I didn't have a car, I found the hotel shuttle to be extremely useful and the staff to be as flexible as possible in accomodating my use of the shuttle. I found the staff overall to be very friendly and helpful. When the front desk staff wasn't too busy they went out of their way to answer my questions about living in Cleveland since there was a possibility I may relocate there for work. The hotel is conveniently located near the theatres and I saw/spoke with a few performers who were staying at the hotel. My only concerns were with the professionalism of some of the restaurant staff (one morning they were arguing behind doors and I think it affected their service). Also, I left at 4am and there was a person (neither guest nor staff member) in the lobby who said a few things to me that made me feel uncomfortable (as I was waiting for my taxi).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear rikabbbb,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay. I have passed along your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and the flexibility of our shuttle drivers. With that in mind, you should also know that we are working hard at addressing some of your concerns. If your travels bring you back to Cleveland, we would love the opportunity to service you again.

L Perez
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We went to visit my father-in-law at the Cleveland Clinic, and since I have never visited, I didn't know how far away it was. It is farther down Euclid than we thought. Parking yourself is not ideal, especially with small children. You have to park a block down the road, and you don't want to be walking at night in this neighborhood. The valet is $20 + tax. We had to wait 3 hours for a rollaway bed we requested at check in. The dust on the heater was 2" thick. When we woke up there was so much condensation on the windows there were puddles on the windowsills!! There was also no remote for the tv, but we did request one when we finally got our rollaway and received one, although the tv picture was so bad it wasn't worth watching!!! Also the hot tub didn't work, but the kids enjoyed the pool. We actually cancelled our second night and stayed at the Intercontinental Suites near Cleveland Clinic, and it was WONDERFUL!! I recommend to everyone visiting. Not one complaint and it was actually $10 cheaper.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Dear youradvisorny,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided regarding your recent visit to our property. As you know, without feedback we may never have the chance to rectify a situation. I want to apologize for not delivering your request in a timely manner. You should know that I am working closely with the appropriate departments to ensure that the quality of our guest rooms continues to be one of our greatest assets.

We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and would love the opportunity to regain your trust. If your travels bring you back to Cleveland, contact me directly and I will take care of your reservations personally.

Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Service is the name of the game at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. From the moment you enter the doors to check in until you check out, the employees go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The rooms are clean and very quiet. The Wyndham is close to the Cleveland Clinic and shuttles/bus service are available to take you to the clinic. This is the second time we've stayed at the Wyndham and it will be our choice in the future!

Dear KenKLouisville_KY,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service provided by Wyndham Cleveland @ PlayhouseSquare. We appreciate your feedback and are proud to be considered your choice hotel.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

My sweetheart and I decided to make a full weekend of Valentine's Day. We chose the Wyndham after attending a reception there last year. Our stay was wonderful. The staff was very pleasant and our corner king was impressive. The bed was extremely comfortable, but the most incredible portion of our say as the dining experience. Dinner was delicious and the choices are nothing short of spectacular, however the breakfast buffet is positively devine. My compliments to the chef. I look forward to future visits.

• 5 of 5 stars
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Dear ScorpionQueen103169,

Thank you for choosing Wyndham PlayhouseSquare to spend your Valentine's Day weekend. We are happy that your stay was not only wonderful but impressive. I will personally compliment our chef on your dining experience.
We look forward to your future visits.

Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Check in was smooth and easy, with 1 bump, which was swiftly fixed without us having to come to the desk to fix it. Appetizers and drinks were an added bonus, followed by a great breakfast. Room was immaculate, great shuttle service to nearby attractions, friendly professional staff! Great time all around!

Tiffin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Our recent stay at the Wyndham was a great experience. THe room was clean, staff friendly. Couldn't beat the price when combined with our Lake Erie Monsters tickets!

• 4 of 5 stars
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Dear hairqueenOhio,

Thank you for sharing the great experience you had on your recent visit to Wyndham Cleveland @ PlayhouseSquare. Your kind comments regarding your clean room and friendly staff are very much appreciated and have been passed along.