“my stay at the wyndham was nice. the staff was very...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I were attending a performance at one of the theatres near the Wyndham on February 2, 2013 and we took advantage of their very reasonable winter rate special - second night was the noon temperature at the airport - can you believe we paid $15 ?!
The hotel itself is well maintained, not new but very clean and perfectly located in the theatre district.
What made our stay so memorable was the helpful, friendly and professional staff. From the outset to the end of our weekend we marveled at how very kind these people were. Our room door would not close and lock just before the performance and Erica at Reception quickly got the hotel engineer, locked our valuables in the hotel safe and we were able to leave for the show. On our return the door was repaired, no problem.
Another wealth of information on Cleveland and a true ambassador of the city, Jomo, the shuttle van driver and porter, many thanks for your friendly welcome! You recommended the Cleveland Museum of Art at University Circle and I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon there - the complimentary shuttle is perfect. During that time my husband used the pool, whirlpool and sauna facilities.
I could go on, the bar area has half price appetizers and drinks on Fridays - a nice spot to read the papers, magazines and watch some sports and the waiter there was attentive as well.
Wyndham has maintained this hotel well but they really have their staff to thank for going the extra mile and making our stay one that we continue to talk about. We would highly recommend exploring the Theatre area in Cleveland and we are returning on March 15th weekend to see Sister Act! Hopefully the temperature at the airport remains cold for that winter special!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Donna,

I am so happy to hear that you were able to get such a great rate with the "Snow News is Good News" package. It has been very popular this winter! I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that our hotel is set apart because of our staff. Every hotel has guest rooms, lobbies, and meeting space but the Wyndham Cleveland has arguably the best people. Thank you for recognizing Erica and Jomo, your comments were shared with them. We hope you enjoy your stay with us on the 15th and the Sister Act show - it is fantastic!

Covington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I got a great rate of 30% off for a three day stay. I love downtown Cleveland so rather than stay at one of my favorites: The Hyatt at the Arcade or the Marriott Key Center; I opted for the Windham. First impression of valet parking experience and the lobby staff were excellent. They accommodated my request for a high floor and a room distant from the elevator. The valet attendant checked my vehicle over thoroughly, which I appreciated. The in & out process was very efficient, they brought my car around in a flash. The room was fine: nice size, the Herman Miller chair was a nice touch, the bathroom was clean and well appointed. HD TV with every channel known to man was great. The breakfast buffet was very good for a 3 star. The bar was a good experience. Staff at both, were friendly and efficient. My three most important criteria for a comfortable hotel stay are: 1. the bed, 2. the bed and 3. the bed. The bed in room 1208 was just adequate, not nearly on par with the Hyatt nor the Marriott. It needs to be retired. The linens seemed, well, cheap, as were the towels. Sure the shower head was great as you will see throughout these reviews. The facility is very convenient to every downtown attraction. Starbucks one block up on 14th street. I smelled a faint odor that seemed to emanate from the mattress. Not strong enough to make mention of (I’m sure they would have moved me to a new room had I asked) I’m not going to speculate what caused the odor. My recommendation for the management is to check it out for themselves.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the lake, away from the elevators. Check out the 30% for a three day sta...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dharmabum1809
Dear Dharmabum,

We love downtown Cleveland too and we are thrilled that you chose to stay with us! Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel and services. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, food, and accommodations. We hope that you will come back to stay with us the next time you are downtown Cleveland.

Grand Blanc, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

With my medical visits to the Cleveland Clinic I have only stayed at one other Hotel.
After that experience I went back to the Wyndham. They have the friendliness staff,
excellent shuttle drivers and valet service.
I feel my family will be well taken care of when I have to say at the Cleveland Clinic
for a few days.
The staff makes you feel at home

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Danny,

Thank you for returning to the Wyndham. We know that hospital visits can be stressful and we do what we can to make our wellness guests feel comfortable during this time. If there is anything that you need during your future visits please let us know.

Be well,