“We must have been there the same weekend!”

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Seattle Washington
“We must have been there the same weekend!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The good news is - you had towels. When we called for towels we were handed a heap. No coffee in the room after the initial service. Our room wasn't made up and yet it appeared the bountiful housekeeping staff was socializing in the halls. The worn room was a good size with large windows, a plus. Yes I also give the front desk a nod of approval.

Room Tip: Request a larger then normal room with many big windows.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Markkey,

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Hospitality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Connecticut
Reviewed September 5, 2012

So sorry Wyndam, very dissapointed in room condition does need update. First time visiting Cleveland for family wedding. Everything was old including towels, bathroom, leaking window while raining I could go on and on. Only two chairs in room, neither comfortable. Only reason for overall rating 3 is due to front desk staff, shuttle drivers (Trent) plus did enjoy basement pool. Area around hotel is run down, so shuttle was a plus dropping you off and picking you up on time. Breakfast buffet $13.95 was very good, also check out Heron Deli (diner, located behind hotel) for great inexpensive breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear AuntieDee,

Thank you for taking your time to write a response on TripAdvisor for us. While you seemed disappointed with aspects of your stay I am happy to hear that you found our Front Desk and Shuttle Drivers helpful. We will work to improve our products and services and again I thank you for your time. Congratulations to your family member on their marriage!

Sincerely
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quick summary: I'd stay here again. Nice staff. Nice room. Some thoughtful extras. I don't like paying $21 a night for parking. Otherwise, very happy with the hotel

Longer version: I arrived Cleveland on a dark and stormy night, where I hydroplaned my go-cart-sized rental car to the Wyndham. Although I'm not happy to pay $21 a night to valet park, it was nice to leave the car with the valet after a very long and tiring trip.

I tried reaching the hotel the evening I arrived via phone but did not get an answer and was not routed to a voice mail system. That was a little disconcerting. The very nice and very competent gal that worked the front desk told me upon arrival that she was the only one working that evening which explained why I didn't get anyone. I mention that here not as a complaint, but rather so that other travelers not get worried should they run into a similar situation. Just keep calling back.

When I arrived, my reservation details were in perfect order so check in was very easy and I was in my room right away.

My room is good-sized, tastefully decorated, clean, quiet, and in very good condition. They've thought of a couple extra things I really like. There's a very cool chair in my room that has power outlets in the chair itself, a pillow/pad for lumbar support, and little table-like attachments that can rotate over your lap so you can sit in the chair and work with your laptop--perhaps even while watching TV. It's a cool chair.

The outlet near the desk has an adaptor with six outlets in it. Again, this is a nice touch for wired travelers. But speaking of wired, they have free wireless internet. It seems to work just fine.

When I first sat on the bed I thought it might be too soft, but I slept like a log and had no backache or any other issues afterward.

I've only eaten one meal at the hotel so far and that was at the bar. It was a gumbo soup and it was great.

The hotel provides transportation to and from the Cleveland Clinic (my reason for being here) on a reservation basis. That's a huge relief to me and they've been perfectly prompt the couple of times I've used them.

Bottom line: A solid four-star experience in this price range.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ANCtrvlr
Dear ancmd11,

I can see that you do a lot of traveling and we thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting the Clinic. I apologize that you did not reach our Guest Services Agent when calling the hotel. We strive to answer every guest call in a timely manner.

It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your room and the shuttle service, as well as our Gumbo Soup! I am not sure how long you are staying, however, if you need anything please let us know!

Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2012

If we stayed here again, it would be for the breakfast. The room was ok for the price, but not above-and-beyond. The parking situation is terrible; they offer over-priced concierge service, but we opted to park across the street in a desolate parking garage. However, the garage staff were very friendly and professional. Parking was about $10/day in the garage. Also, HBO didn't work, and the hotel staff didn't seem to have a clue.

Now, the breakfast. The breakfast was phenomenal both mornings that we ate there. Large selection of meats, pancakes, french toast, fruits, eggs, omelet station, beverages ... excellent!
By the way, we got the Ballpark package which included breakfast and about $20 in stadium bucks. Very worth it!

Our bottomline: Average for an upscale hotel; Very good for an overall hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AndrewB,

We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay. Though you had some concerns about parking and the guest room, we are happy to know that you enjoyed our Encore! Breakfast Buffet. Your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be addressed accordingly. We hope Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare is your hotel of choice when visiting Cleveland again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our visit to Cleveland included a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (RRHF) and a Cleveland Indians game. The Hotel is centrally located and is an easy walk to both venues.

We checked in late and the front desk staff was excellent. They took the time to help us with Maps and local attractions. We also received the inside scoop on Indians tickets and what to expect at the RRHF. This proved to be extremely valuable information as I would have never given the time required to properly experience the RRHF. Casino and other attractions are in walking distance. Indians game was a nice experience.

Valet Parking is easy and recommended. For downtown parking it is reasonably priced too.

Our room was OK. It was a standard room, clean and pre-cooled. The bed was not to our liking and may have lived it life? The hall noise was minimal. Check was easy and swift.

Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sparky-1967,

Thank you for visiting the Wyndham and the great city of Cleveland! It sounds like you were able to enjoy our area attractions and that the Front Desk staff aided in that enjoyment. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We hope to see you on your next trip to Cleveland.

Toronto
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Returned to Cleveland for a Indians game and visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We've stayed at the Wyndham before and would stay again. This time we bought a hall of fame package which included valet parking. Worth it. Valet service was very reliable and quick when we needed the car.

We always choose an upper floor room. Room was clean, spacious and quiet. And looked towards the lake. Staff are friendly. Breakfast (either cold or hot) is good. We usually have dinner elsewhere in Cleveland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear TorontoBlau,

Welcome back! Great choice with the Rock Hall Package, it is our most popular guest room package. We thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you again soon!

Kitchener,ON
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Was there on Saturday 18th, check-in smooth, we had booked the Rock Hall package, that included the room, 2 tix to the Rock Hall and valet parking. You will want to valet as the parking garage is a 2 block walk. Our room was clean, well appointed and quiet! Sadly, Cleveland downtown is eerily quiet, seems all the buildings are in transition mode, or refurbishment. We found Flannery's (food) on a menu screen in the hotel lobby and staff recommended it as well, it was a 4-5 block walk but well worth it. This website http://www.east4thstreet.com shows all the great places in this strip. Seems everyone in downtown goes here. Anyway, back to the hotel, we enjoyed our stay, the staff were great and valet was easy pleasey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends