“Good Value for a Business Stay”

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I travelled here on business for a small convention for a couple of days, so it wasn't my choice of hotel. However, I found the property to be fine for our needs.

The meeting rooms were fine. The catered food was very good. The location was excellent.

I stayed in a nice corner suite, which was a nice bright room, and the convention rate was only $119, so I can't complain about that. The bedding was a little worn, but the furniture was otherwise fine.

Overall, a good place for a business meeting at a good price. It's certainly not luxury, and I wouldn't choose to stay here for vacation with my wife, but it was great for my purposes this visit.

1  Thank DCH_in_Canada
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Dear DCH_in_Canada,

We are happy to hear that your business travels brought you to Cleveland and the Wyndham. Thank you for your comments, it is our hope that each of our guests has a great experience.
We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I know it's Cleveland but still...

The rooms are tired and a bit shabby, the bedding mediocre, some of the staff are indifferent and if it wasn't for the convenient location I would never stay here nor recommend it. Actually, I WON'T ever stay here again.

This is a three star hotel barely. There's no art on any walls in the rooms, mine had a ripped curtain and a dusty closet that hadn't been cleaned in weeks. It was a bit depressing.

If you don't need the location find a better option. This place needs a facelift. And some warmth.

2  Thank tobeginwith
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear tobeginwith:

Thank you for giving us your specific feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations with our guest room or staff experience. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and will work to improve our products and service. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Overall, the hotel provides good customer service, a nice breakfast, and average rooms.

I got a double bed room. It was ok. The TV reception was great and certainly the walls were thick. There is nothing more I hate than to hear your neighbors. It was clean with the exception of the carpet didn't look like it was vacuumed well. The one thing the room doesn't have is a small refrigerator. But they do offer complimentary bottle waters which is nice. It was hot in my room, but maintenance immediately came and fixed the problem. The staff are wonderful there and the hotel is located blocks from the stadium and it's right in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Overall-rooms provide quiet.
1  Thank dk6499

Dear dk6499,

Thank you for your response! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location, HD TV, complimentary bottled water, and staff to be wonderful. We hope that when you visit Cleveland again from New York you will choose the Wyndham!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was up there for business and The Wyndham hotel staff members were the best. They went out of their way to help me. The room was excellent, flat panel tv, free wifi, and very comfortable bed. The restaurant was also very nice. They even take care of you AFTER you check out. I had a lot of time to kill and they still took care of me. They continued to hold my bags, gave me shuttle rides to local hot spots, printed my flight tickets, and much more. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. I will back up that way and I plan to stay at the Wyndham again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Robert A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. It sounds like our in-room amenities were a good fit for your business travel. We offer free wifi to all of our guest rooms as well as our public areas, not to mention the newly installed HD flat screen TVs in each room. We too look forward to your next visit to Cleveland and the Wyndham! Safe travels.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I had the most wonderful weekend here! Our decision to stay was based on its proximity to the theaters, but we will be back any time! We got the "Hot in Cleveland" package and saved on the room rate, had free valet and free full breakfast each night we stayed--the coupons weren't much, but that was OK. The room was updated and spotless--the king mattress was not fancy, pillow-top or anything but in great condition and was comfortable. Next time we come we will bring our own pillows--neither my husband nor I like down-filled, which is our only "complaint." The breakfast was delicious--eggs cooked to order, fresh sweet fruit--even on the buffet. We took advantage of the free shuttle service, and went literally everywhere on it, including Lola (best restaurant!)--they also will take guests to the museums and pick them up--make reservations at the front desk. The best part of our stay, and the reason we will be back are the employees! Special thanks to Jenice at the front desk!! Jenice is knowledgeable about Cleveland and was helpful in sending us in the right direction when we went sightseeing, signing up for the shuttle, and just made us feel at home--loved discussing the restaurants with you, Jenice! Our shuttle drivers, Trent and Sam were wonderful and very knowledgeable! Actually it did not matter who we saw, all the employees said "hello, how are you" and added to the positive feeling we got during our stay! We WILL be back in June!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CountyCork08
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear CountryCork08,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, your room, the restaurant, and shuttle...we are pleased that you enjoyed so many of our amenities while you were here! Most important you enjoyed our associates, we strive to give our guests "10 Everytime" service and it sounds like you received just that. We look forward to your visit in June.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Kermit is the BellCaptain and his friendliness helps welcome you to the hotel. The hotel is clean and modern. THey had a special where one deal included the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tickets and another special included breakfast. We stayed two nights and got one deal each night, which suited us perfectly. Both deals came with free valet parking too. But it turned out that the location was so close to everything you didn't even need a car. The hotel provided a door to door shuttle service within a five mile radius and all you had to do was book a time with them. What a great plus!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor, nice view of Lake Erie in the distance.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherryl S
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Sherlynsis,

We are pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Package! Our complimentary door-to-door shuttle service is a real benefit for those that schedule in advance. The staff at the Wyndham Cleveland prides themselves on being helpful and friendly to all of our guests and we are so pleased that you chose our hotel. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Room was mixed bag of old and new features. Needs updated TV, bathroom amenities, better pillows. Great location for theaters. Fantastic restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business