“Excellent airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Indiana
“Excellent airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel. A very nice hotel for airport hotels....

I actually booked this hotel for our wedding night. I upgraded our room the day of our wedding to their presidential suite (which was not yet booked). The reservations associate gave me a great rate on it, since the room was not going to be booked. Let me just say that the room was amazing! The room itself was very large, with a double sink bathroom and a large whirlpool/hot tub that was enclosed in glass block. The view was cool as the room was on the top level and overlooked the airport/runways. The room also had a desk I believe as well as 2 air conditioners/heaters.

We woke up early and had a wonderful breakfast at the restaurant (booking some sorts of rooms gives you this for free). It was buffet style with eggs/bacon/sausage/etc... The hotel also has a convenient kiosk where you can go online to check into your flight and pay for bags if necessary. Shortly after checking out a shuttle was waiting outside and took us the short distance to the airport check in.

I had high expectations for this hotel with it being such a special day and I can say all in all a great experience and I would be glad to stay again if I need to.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Dear Reader:
Congratulations from all of us at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel on your marriage! I appreciate your comments and am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

The Sheraton has an excellent staff that is committed to guest service. We want all of our guests to feel warm and connected and share a sense of community. I have shared your comments with them and they were very pleased by your recognition.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We would be honored to welcome you back again when your travels bring you to Cleveland.
Best Wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bristol, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

My mom and I ended up having to spend the night in Cleveland due to us missing our connection. Thankfully it was the fault of Continental, so they put us up at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport.

First of all, don't miss the hotel desk located DIRECTLY IN the baggage claim area in the airport. It was easy to do, and after checking in we simply exited the baggage claim area and walked outside and the shuttle picked us right up. It was literally a 2 minute shuttle ride to the hotel.

The hotel is currently being renovated, so the lobby seems small but is very functional. The room that we had was clean and comfortable with all of the amenities that we'd want, with fun views of the snowy runways! Dinner in the hotel restaurant was quite good, and a great value with the meal certificates that Continental gave us. There were computers in the restaurant, so I was able to check email and Facebook when we were done eating -- no charge for the internet.

We spent less than 9 hours in the hotel, but they were a pleasant nine hours during a time which could have been quite stressful to us. Thank you, Sheraton and Continental!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for the compliments. We never get tired of hearing from our guests on how convenient our desk is at the airport and how easy it makes a, sometimes not so smooth, day of travel.

We are very excited about the renovation that is happening at the hotel – set to be completed by March 2010. We’ll have a new restaurant, lobby, pool and fitness center – all very modern and updated.

Next time you are in Cleveland please stay with us and see all of the great things happening at the Airport Sheraton Hotel.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I booked this hotel because it was convenient to the airport and to their credit the airport shuttle was there at 7 am with the motor running.
What can I say? The hotel truly needs to be renovated. The rooms are dingy, but cleanliness has improved since my previous visit. At $129 /night this hotel is a little expensive compared to the other airport area hotels. Still, since it is within walking distance and it is decent enough....i guess they can charge more. There are some nice touches. Free bottled water in the room and a coffee pot with free coffee and tea and free breakfast.
Note: for some reason on both stays I noticed the odor of stale cigarettes. Also, the heating system wasn't the best. A loud fan blows luke warm air when you are hoping for actual heat.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2010
Dear Guest:
Thank you for providing your feedback. It is crucial to hear from our guests whether positive or critical in order for us to make the changes necessary to ensure a memorable stay for all of our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this valuable information, all of which have been communicated to our team members.

As you may have noticed during your stay, we are currently under renovation and are very excited about the end result which will be unveiled near the end of March 2010. The result of the renovation will be extraordinary and includes a new lobby, restaurant, lounge, social spaces, Link Café with the Sheraton Link, meeting space, pool and terrace area and fitness center. The guest rooms will be refreshed with an updated motif including flat screen tv’s and crisp white linens.

Our convenience to the airport and the hotel/parking packages we offer when flying out of the Cleveland Airport does make staying at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel a common experience for people catching flights. We certainly want the beginning of your vacation to be an enjoyable one and I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations.

We are a non-smoking hotel and take it very seriously when an unfortunate experience happens and a guest disregards this smoking policy. Our housekeeping team has specific cleaning procedures to rid the room of any left over odor when a guest breaks the non-smoking policy. We also know it may take several applications of our process to completely rid the room of the odor, especially if a traveler is extremely sensitive to the odor. Our front desk will not hesitate at changing a guest to another room should they request it. We want you to be comfortable and enjoy your visit.

The heating/cooling system is individually controlled to ensure the guest has the room at the temperature that is comfortable for them. Our maintenance staff is trained to deal with any issue the guest may have with the system and will also assist in facilitating a room change to make the guests stay more pleasant.

Again thank you for your feedback, it is invaluable to our success.
Thanks Kindly, Thomas Rousher
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

The heat and plumbing work, and the bed's are soft. I wouldn't go out of my way to recomend this hotel, but if you need something next to the airport and/or your a loyal starwood memeber, it works. Otherwise, the room lighting is dim-to-minimal. I've seen better bethrooms, but it too does it's job. And the WiFi is spotty.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to provide a review on our hotel.

We apologize that the lighting and WiFi speed was not to your satisfaction. We know how important WiFi connection is to travelers and although we do receive many compliments on our complimentary internet service we know that there are times that the speed is out of our control.

Our rooms are decorated to provide a variety of lighting options for our guests so they can control the ambiance for their stay. We are sorry that not enough lighting was provided in your room. Our housekeeping staff will provide additional lamps, pillows, towels and other items to our guests in order to make their stay more comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Continental Airlines gave me a free night to stay at this hotel, due to an overbooking of seats on my flight (I volunteered to give up my seat). I checked in around 8:30pm. The lobby looked good. I went up to my room and hurried back down to eat at the hotel restaurant. The food at the hotel restaurant was okay...nothing special, but seemed overpriced. Service was good though. Around 10pm, I headed back up to my room to shower. That's when I noticed that the maids had forgotten to take away the previous occupant's dirty bath towels. The dirty bath towels were still hung over the shower curtain rod. I was very tired and did not feel up for complaining and changing rooms, so I decided to shower anyway. I then noticed there were a couple of hairs in the bathtub. The bathtub obviously had not been cleaned. Upon stepping out of the shower, I saw a piece of trash that hadn't been swept out from under the bathroom countertop. I complained the next day upon checking out to the front desk about the cleanliness of the bathroom, and I also filled out a comment card detailing my experience. Despite the uncleanliness of my bathroom, the bed was comfortable.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Your feedback is very much appreciated and crucial for us to ensure we are meeting and exceeding the guests’ expectation and in turn informing us when we have fallen short.

I apologize for the concerns that you addressed in your review. We know traveling is not easy and to have your travel plans changed, due to no fault of yours, can be very upsetting.

Again we sincerely apologize for the additional hiccup we caused in your travel plans when the room was not cleaned to your satisfaction. Although our housekeeping department inspects each room prior to a guest occupying it, we obviously failed to check your room.

When you find yourself in Cleveland, we would appreciate you allowing us another chance at your patronage. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next stay so I can ensure your satisfaction.

Kind Regards
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

When we first arrived the hotel was surrounded by factories and Warehouses. But once we entered the hotel lobby was very impressive! The pool was big and clean. The rooms were modest sized and very clean. No faults what-so-ever about the rooms. The breakfast was awesome!! If your ever traveling to Cleveland I would strongly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for submitting your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport hotel.

It is comments such as yours that encourage us to continue in our efforts to provide a memorable guest experience for each and every guest.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards,
jacksonville fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The hotel scared me at first looking at the outside however inside its okay. We got a aaa special for 99 dollars which was a great price. However upon entering the room i noticed the beds were lumpy and 1 had 5 pillows the other only 4. The hotel is on airport property good for am flights but bad for wanting to go eat . 25 min from downtown. Overall the hotel is okay dont stay here for more than 100 dollars.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Typically, our guests are quite pleased with the comfortable beds and pillows. Housekeeping can accommodate requests for different types of pillows plus provide you with additional pillows, and we strive to respond to requests so that your stay is enjoyable. At the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, we want our guests to be happy with their stay and comfortable while away from home.

We apologize that your stay with us did not meet your complete satisfaction. We do hope you allow us the opportunity to have you as a guest in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance.
Kind regards
Thomas Rousher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown
Doubletree Cleveland Downtown / Lakeside
Metropolitan at The 9, Autograph Collection

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!