“Excellent airport hotel”

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
New Haven, Connecticut
“Excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Cleveland Airport Sheraton November 7-10, 2013. We had two rooms, one for my husband and me and one for our teenage daughter. Originally, we were going to go with one room, but changed our minds when we got there. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, and got us two adjacent rooms without any fuss. Rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, furnishings were up to date. We had a TV (we didn't watch it), dresser, two night tables, alarm clock, a chair and small side table, and a desk. Bathroom was immaculate, but for some evidence of leakage or water damage on the ceiling over the shower. They provide a hair dryer and the usual amenities. My only complaint was that the heating unit was very noisy and woke us up every time it switched on. It worked fine, but the fan speed was high. I'm not sure that could be adjusted. It was cold enough that we needed the heat. We tried warming up the room and then turning off the heat when we went to bed, but the room got too cold for us.

We chose the "no housekeeping" option and got vouchers good for $5 off meals at the hotel restaurant, or we could have opted to get points. We opted to get money off breakfast. Breakfast was okay. Nice selection of food, generous portions, but nothing to write home about in terms of flavor.

The rental car pickup and return place is 3 or 4 miles from the hotel, but the hotel has a service where they'll notify the rental company to come pick up your car, saving you valuable time the morning of your departure. Otherwise, you'd have to drive over to the car return, then wait for a shuttle back to the airport. As the hotel really is right AT the airport, it's very nice that they can take care of it for you. They drive you to your terminal in the Sheraton shuttle.

The hotel also has a small pool, hot tub, exercise room, and spa, but we didn't have time to use any of these.

A very enjoyable visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judith L
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the amenities we have to offer. We strive to provide each guest with exceptional service and make them feel comfortable while traveling. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Marc Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel location is great & close to transportation to downtown. See details below:

TRANSPORTATION: This hotel offers free shuttle service 24/7 to and from the airport. Takes less than three minutes to get to the hotel via shuttle. If you wish to take a day and tour downtown, we took the shuttle back to the airport and took the RTA Red Line (train) that got us to downtown. Train is clean and I felt safe during my ride. Bus routes are available however, you will need to make at least one transfer to get to downtown.

LOCATION: Hop, skip, and a jump from airport!

LOBBY: Great service from Reservation Desk Agent. Friendly, fast, and accommodating to our requests. Lobby was clean and open with seating areas consisting of couches & chairs. Off to the side of the lobby was the bar/dining room; across the way is a Starbucks with a limited menu.

ROOM: Standard room had sweet sleeper bed (they are wonderful!). Room was quiet & clean. Although room was clean there was a slight musty odor and a large water mark in the corner of our room by the window. Bathroom was a nice size and clean. Free Wi-Fi.

BAR: Nice seating area. Menu is limited as expected. Good food with reasonable prices. Service was great, very attentive.

DINING ROOM: Our room rate included breakfast. Dining room was average size & average décor. We had excellent service. Menu had nice selection with reasonable prices. The breakfast buffet had a great selection.

AMENITIES: Basic room amenities including free Wi-Fi. Hotel has fitness center & indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank D M
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I'm very pleased to read that you found our property and associates to be accommodating. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and based on your comments we surely hit the mark. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for Gaelic Football Nationals this Labor Day (2013). The hotel was PACKED with athletes and I must say the staff did an amazing job. They were always available to answer questions, they had extra areas to eat and drink set up, the transportation was excellent. Anytime a player was injured, they were helpful getting them wheelchairs or whatever was needed. The manager was friendly as well and introduced himself to whomever he could. Kudos to them, I would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with our property and that all of our associates were friendly and accommodating. We strive to provide exceptional service no matter how busy our property can get and your feedback validates that. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It had a nice club lounge. People at check in where nice/professional/helpful.

But, for other wise a very gratifying stay, I felt a little cheated (it wasn't the money, only a dollar, but, principle). Around 10pm or so, I used the front lobby computer and put my room number etc. to check emails and I also printed out a few pages of maps (it said the first 5 were free).

Then, in the morning, on the Club Lounge level, I printed an extra 2 pages of a boarding pass. On the counter, it said that I would not have a charge and I had "3 more free" copies.. (I printed a total of 6 pages during the stay). But, when I checked out of the hotel, they charged me a dollar because I made one more copy than the "5 free limit".. I felt it was unfair and told at the front desk and they admitted it was a mistake (the counters in the club lounge and front lobby are not synced). I told them that I when I saw in the Club Lounge computer said I had 5 more copies. Anyway, the stay was good, but, I left with a sour taste in my mouth (I wasn't going to argue in the lobby about a dollar). But, it was poor customer service in my opinion, they should change their policy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JimF373
We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to provide a review in regards to your recent stay. I'm glad our associates were helpful, friendly and professional and also that you were able to enjoy our Sheraton Club Lounge. I want to apologize for the issue you experienced with our Link@Sheraton and your printing. I will make sure that we look into this printing charge matter so that we can correct it immediately. It was not our intention to have this charge appear and it may have been a glitch with the computers which are controlled by another company and they are the ones who control the printers as well. I can assure you that we will take care of this matter accordingly so you or any future guests don't experience the charge when it's not appropriate.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am an SPG Platinum member and I stay at this property several times a year as my business takes me to the Cleveland area. The primary benefit to this hotel is the convenience - it is basically on airport grounds and the shuttle ride to the terminal is less than 2 minutes. Additionally, the hotel serves as a pickup and drop off point for Hertz rentals, so it saves the inconvenient trip to and from the rental car facility - very valuable.

From a hotel perspective, the property is average at best, dated at worst. There are no suites available for upgrade or purchase, so normally, I am upgraded to the club level and the rooms there are predominantly nice. In general the rooms are clean and well maintained, though some of the fixtures in the bathroom are dated. The old fashioned air conditioning unit can be loud. My most recent stay, I was booked on the 7th floor and everything seemed to be fine with the room, but when I woke up, there were a significant number of ants on the bedside table. I never previously encountered that issue at the hotel, and I'm hoping it was isolated.

The best part of the hotel is the bar area. The food at the hotel is very good by airport hotel standards, and they have a fine selection of liquor. They buy in desserts from a local bakery, and those are outstanding. The club lounge is mediocre, but good for a soda or for cereal in the morning.

In general, this is a solid, convenient, workhorse hotel. If expectations are adjusted accordingly, you will have a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sme10
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our guests feedback is extremely valuable to us and we try our best to take what our guests say and make the necessary changes to better their stay. We are in the process of scheduling a full guest room renovation which will elevate the comments you mentioned about the outdated bathroom fixtures and such. I'm pleased to read that you enjoy our Hemispheres lounge and food selection and find our property to be so convenient for your business and traveling needs. We look forward to continuing to serve you and can't wait for you to see our finished product in the near future.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I needed a hotel that was on or near the Cleveland airport, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg -- and this hotel fit the bill nicely.

The hotel is right across from the airport terminal - in fact, it's actually in the parking lot behind the airport parking garage. If you feel like it, you can walk there in about 8-10 minutes. Or, you can also take the complimentary shuttle that operates continuously outside of lower level door 5. The shuttle ride is about 3-4 minutes.

The hotel itself is comfortable and updated. The large lobby had a nice/modern business center, a bar, a snack stand/store, and a restaurant, along with some conference facilities. I didn't look for a fitness center, but I'm sure there was one.

My room was nicely decorated with a comfortable bed, a large flat screen TV, a work desk, and complimentary WiFi. The bathroom was a tad outdated, but it was still perfectly fine. The complimentary bathroom toiletries were nice - but it would've been helpful to have more than 2 towels. My biggest complaint about the room was that the pillows were HUGE. For some people, that might be a good thing - and it's not like I want/need a flat pillow - I do enjoy fluffy pillows - but these 4 pillows were seriously gigantic (my neck hurt the next morning). I asked the front desk if I could get smaller/flatter pillows, but they didn't have any. That was a disappointment - so beware if you don't like large/fluffy pillows.

Otherwise - the staff at the hotel was great. We didn't park a car, but if you do, it's $10/day. We ate breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, and the menu and pricing were both good. We had a fantastic server who even gave us a bottle of water and a diet Coke "for the road". We also participated in a "green" program by not having our linens laundered after our first night stay, and they gave us a $5 coupon to be used in any of the on-site restaurants (or 500 SPG points), which I thought was a nice promo, and came in handy for the breakfast.

Overall this was a pleasant stay, and we got a very reasonable rate at the hotel, so if I find myself in Cleveland again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BethanieKay
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed our property, staff, and the amenities we have to offer. Overall you seemed to really enjoy your time with us and that is excellent. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Rooms were clean, lobby was recently renovated, but it was the friendly service of the check in team that made my stay. Helped me return my rental car--probably saved me an hour! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jim W
Thank you for your feedback. I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our associates were so friendly and helpful. We look forward to serving you in the future.