“Staff far exceeds my expecations”

Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Columbus, Ohio
“Staff far exceeds my expecations”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I travel year round for business and stay in many hotels throughout the country. I have to say that the staff at this hotel is the warmest I have ever encountered. Everywhere you walk in the hotel each person smiles and talks to you, they even remember your name. I really like the location of the hotel too, right at the airport, but you do not hear any planes or racket. The only downside is the wireless internet, very slow and hard to keep connected to it. The lobby is new but the rooms do need a little facelift. This is the only place to stay if you are in the Airport area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our property so much and that our associates truly made you feel welcomed. We strive to provide this service each and every day and I'm glad to hear that you are encountering that with our property. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Marc Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Lets face it, you don't stay at this hotel unless your forced to negotiate the airport early in the morning or late at night. The location is great and the service is good. That said this is a "socks on" hotel with regard to the cleanliness. I have stayed here several times over the last year and found that each time there is a sewage like odor in the rooms. If you have to stay by the airport and are willing to pay for the continence this might be an ok choice... If you can tolerate the smell.

• Stayed May 2013
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our guests feedback is crucial to the progression of our property. I'm glad you found our location and service to be good. My apologies that you found the cleanliness of our property not up to par. I appreciate you bringing attention to this matter and we will be looking into rectifying the smell you described. We don't want you or any of our guests feeling as though our property is not clean and up to standard. I hope that you will give our property another chance in the future to show that we take our guests feedback seriously and be able to wow you from start to finish with our service and cleanliness.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had planned a 2 night vacation to Cleveland and decided to stay near the airport for convenience. I used Priceline's Name Your Own Price, so I couldn’t choose my hotel. I’ve listed some pros and cons.

Pros:
-The location is literally “on” the airport. It’s about 100 yards away from arrivals terminal.
-Close to highway
-Lobby looks newly renovated with x-large chess tables, comfortable couches, & relaxing bar
-Pool and hot tub looks clean, but did have lots of children splashing around during our stay
-40” LED HDTV in room
-Free Wifi (which all hotels should be anyways)
-Clean bathroom and shower had good water pressure

Cons:
-First room we checked into had a mildew odor and had to change rooms
- Windows do not open
-Beds are outdated and need upgrade
-Very tight squeeze with computer desk, second table, and chair in a Standard king bed room (2nd table not needed)
-Air condition is loud and sensitive. First cold then 20 minutes later warm again until it kicks back on again.
-Popcorn style ceiling needs upgrade, but just for cosmetic
-$10 parking per day (free in/out with 24 hour parking)

Overall, this hotel is best for its proximity to the airport. The car rental is actually a shuttle bus and have to drive back to the airport to get to the hotel. Also, it’s about 20 minutes almost all highway to downtown Cleveland. The room was par at best for their price range. If the rooms ambiance and bed are upgraded, I’d give this 4 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedbak from your recent stay with us. Our guests feedback is the best way for us to find out what our guests like and what we need to work on. You listed several positives and some negatives. I'm glad you found our location to be conveinent, our lobby/bar area nice, and some of the room amenities to be to your liking. You did mention some negatives and I wanted to let you know that we are getting things in order to start a complete guest room remodel that should begin later this year and some of the items you listed as a negative are being addressed in our remodel. I hope that you will give our property another chance and be able to enjoy the fabulous remodel that is due to come. Thank you again, for your time and valuable feedback.

Nyack, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Unplanned overnight in Cleveland. We had a very early flight the next morning and wanted a convenient hotel. I called the Sheraton and negotiated a rate. It was very late and we were leaving very early. The shuttle was right there. Two minute ride to the hotel. You can see it from the airport. When we went to check in we were told we could not have the rate we just agreed upon. After a few phone calls to the manager at home, we came to an understanding. The hotel was down right dirty. Empty cups on the elevator floor. Paper on the floor in the lobby. Overall unkempt. Rooms dated. We went to the bar to eat, the main restaurant was closed. The food arrived cold. The only thing I can say positive is that it is close to the airport and the van was reliable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback from your recent stay with us. It saddens me to read that you had an unpleasant stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and that clearly was not the case with you. I can assure you I will be directing your comments to the department head managers of rooms and food and beverage in regards to the experience you've encounter with us. This is not the normal standard of our property and I hope that you will give our property another chance in the future.

Ambridge PA
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at this location in November (yes I am behind on my reviews) while visiting family in the area. We were able to utilize the pool, whirlpool and fitness area. All were very well maintained and the pool was warm, as other reviewers have mentioned. I liked that snacks were available in the lobby area, though no prices were listed. In fact, when I bought some and had them charged to my room, I never signed anything or saw an itemized breakdown of my purchase. This was odd.
I was not offered an upgrade as an SPG member, and that was disappointing. The hotels was certainly not at capacity while were were there. The woman who checked us in was cordial, but not friendly. Every other staff member I encountered while there were nice as can be!
Overall I was happy with the price, location and amenities. We will definatly stay at this property again while visiting family. In fact, I have another stay booked already! Though this time, I am not hoping my gold status will assure an upgrade and have booked a club level room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and the amneities we have to offer. It's fantastic to see that you have already re-booked our property in the future. The few items you did mention (cafe not having prices listed, coridal but not overly friendly desk agent) I will be sure to bring these items to the department managers so that we can correct them for our future guests. Thank you again for your time and feedback. Look forward to having you in the near future.

Albany, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A missed connection landed me in the Sheraton Cleveland Airport unexpectedly. The rooms were a bit above average and the lobby was actually pretty nice. The restaurant was better than expected both in terms of food and service. If you need to be near the Cleveland airport, this place is fine. The airport terminals were within site, they offered a free shuttle and I never heard a single plane throughout my stay. Pretty good considering the proximity to the airport!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear you found our restaurant Hemispheres to be good both in terms of food and service. We pride ourselves on creating positive experiences for our guests each and every day. Hope we can serve you in the future the next time you find yourself in Cleveland, and because you've chosen to stay with us, not because of a miiss connecting flight.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The bartender needed help! One very sweet, but older lady did all she could to keep up. Occasionally she would get help, but not fair to her. Food was great, Great Lakes Gold was delish! This bed is very comfy and the TV is new and at least 42"... bathroom is tiny, but hey, I'm not sleeping there. Room was at a perfect temp when I first entered. All in all... enjoy your stay here, as I know I will.

• Stayed April 2013
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Fantastic to see that you enjoyed your time with us. Your feedback is important to us, as it's the most important tool and training method for us to know what our guests likes and dislikes, needs and wants are so we can create the best experience possible. Glad you enjoyed your Great Lakes selection, found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be comfortable, and all around had a great experience. We look forward to serving you in the future and thank you for choosing our property for your travel needs.