“Great Service”

Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our stay at the Sheraton was excellent. Our check in staff in the afternoon was super friendly. We stayed in a recently renovated room with a King size bed. The room was very clean and had all the necessary amenities. If I had to pick a complaint, it would be the bathroom. It was a little snug (and there is no fan). The workout room is open 24/7 and the equipment is very up to date. The indoor pool / hot tub was perfect for the little ones. I can't go overboard on the morning staff. Don't get me wrong, they were nice but the afternoon/evening staff was very attentive and made you feel welcome. The breakfast buffet was okay. By the time we got down there around 8:30, a lot of stuff was gone and they were out of bowls. Eggs were not good either. But we had a very friendly waitress. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

It's nice to see that you were wowed by our afternoon/evening front office staff, your morning waitress and that you enjoyed your guest room although the bathroom was a little snug. Your feedback both the positive and negatives are important to us and doesn't get overlooked. We are here to make every guests stay enjoyable and your feedback allows us to make the necessary changes.
Our executive chef and front office manager have been made aware of your feedback and they appreciate that. We hope to be able to serve you in the future and show you the progress that has been made.

Marc Jacobs

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was here for a conference for several days. For what it was, it met expectations. Rooms were clean, smoke free, offered some decent amenities. The restaurant/bar had a good selection of food and drinks, and the catered events were not too bad either. My one suggestion would be to figure out how to keep the areas by the automatic doors heated better. We were presenting one day and it was a bit chilly. Otherwise, can't really complain...its a clean, convenient location.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations while you were here. Your feedback is valued and appreciated. Hopefully next time you find yourself in Cleveland you will stay with us again and we can truly exceed your expectations.

Marc Jacobs

Reviewed January 29, 2013

You can't stay closer to the airport than this one. I've never stayed in an airport hotel where I couldn't hear the planes, the sound insulation sure works. The staff is wonderful, always a smile and warm greeting that seem genuine and not scripted. The Hemispheres restaurant is very good with plentiful portions, very good tasty food and reasonable prices. My only problem was getting my BlackBerry to connect to the wifi, got home and it worked fine. I stayed here while working at the Cleveland Motorcycle Show and will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Recently, I had a canceled flight at the Cleveland Airport. The United Airlines service assistant handed me a piece of paper that states they have a contract with a company that will find discounted hotels in the case of cancelled flight. I stayed on the phone over 15 minutes, and finally got a message stating there are no vacancies in the Cleveland area, but call back in 15 minutes for updates. Helpful, right?

Finally, I called the Sheraton and explained the situation. I was told to catch the shuttle that runs continuously, and they had rooms available. The girl at the front desk was very helpful. She gave me the lowest rate possible, and when she found that the United Airlines provided no vouchers for food or hotel, she gave me a coupon for free breakfast the next morning.

The hotel is beautiful and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. Each employee I encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a cross-country drive. The room was functional and indicative a of a typical airport hotel. Relative to what I paid, I felt like it was a good value.

The room wasn't brand new, but wasn't too old either. It was clean, but there were some stains on the carpet by the door and overall the carpet felt a little "wet", but that may have been due to the humidity and the time of year I was travelling.

Overall an average stay for a reasonable rate that met my needs and expectations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It couldn't be easier to deal with returning a car and catching an early morning flight. If you rented from Hertz, you can just turn in your keys and contract to the front desk when you check in and they'll take care of it for you. The hotel is pleasant and clean and it's a quick shuttle ride to catch your flight.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for one night prior to departing Cleveland. You can't beat the location as it is literally at the bottom of the ramp to the departure doors.

When I arrived, I was greeted by the front end staff. I was given confusing information about parking and had to ask later how to work the in/out parking. I was given my keys but never told where the elevator was, nor what room number I was even in (I do realize they wrote it on the key card holder). I wasn't acknowledged as an SPG member at check in.

The lobby looked updated. There was a restaurant onsite. I saw many of the convention spaces and they looked good.

When I got to my room, I was really disappointed. It was small. It was also old, somewhat damp smelling, and the rooms didn't have a lot of sound insulation. Some of the problems that I encountered or found troubling was litter in the hallway (for hours), I was placed right next to the elevator (despite my SPG status which is supposed to grant me "the best available room"), I could literally hear the person in the room next door to me choking on snot, and at 9pm at night, there was some drilling or sawing on the floor below me.

I did tweet the SPG team and they responded quickly. As I checked out early the next morning, the manager was unable to speak with me but did reach out to me, which I greatly appreciated.

I don't think I will be staying here again. However, if you have a short night or an early flight, it is REALLY close to the airport (I could have walked).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Cleveland Airport Marriott
Cleveland Airport Marriott
#20 of 38 in Cleveland
Four Points by Sheraton Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!