“Good for earlyAM flights”

Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Anaheim, California
“Good for earlyAM flights”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel is right across from the terminals, and the free shuttle will drop you off in about five minutes. If you're a traveller with an early AM flight, this hotel lets you get a bit extra sleep before getting over to CLE to stand in the crazy long lines for screening before the 6am flights out.

The beds are great - wonderful pillows, fresh new bedding, and a good mattress. The A/C isn't so great ... although the wall unit is a modern one, air comes blowing out of an old-fashioned metal unit under the window, which means a LOT of sound when the room is being cooled. I eventually turned it off to get some quiet, and ended up in a stuffy room.

The bathroom looks like what you'd get in a motel setting - generic toiletries, a dark shower - but it's clean, and for $89 a night (king bed), about as you'd expect. The restaurant ("Hemispheres") offers average food. My medium burger was way overcooked, and the accompanying lettuce was limp and inedible. Despite a fairly empty dining room, the food had sat under the heat lamp long enough to have some of the cheese from the burger melt out and congeal on the fries - not what I think of as "cheese fries." There is NO PLACE around for a decent meal - though I guess you could get a taxi to somewhere.

Personnel at the hotel were friendly.

My rating of "YES" for whether I'd recommend this to a friend would be ONLY for someone who wants to get to the airport fast for an early flight.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Good afternoon. Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We as a hotel welcome all comments and feedback as it allows us to grow as a property. We strive to provide a high-quality stay for all our guests and I apologize that we did not meet those expectations during your visit. The toiletries in the bathroom are a standard mandated by the corporate brand. I will also pass along your comments about the food to the chef and kitchen staff. They would have been more than happy to prepare another meal for you. I hope the next time you find yourself with an early flight you will consider giving us another chance to “wow” you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed here as a lay over during a recent trip. Staff was great, room was nice, clean and bathroom was clean. Very nice to be able to get to the airport within 5 minutes. Makes for a stress free beginning of a trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for leaving your comments about your recent stay with us. While I am sorry to hear about your lay over, I am pleased that you were able to relax a little bit during your stay at the hotel and that was one less thing you had to worry about. Our associates understand that there are many different trip personas- from the business traveler to the guest that is here for a social event to a guest that is here because of an airline issue. We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and to make whatever time is spent here a little more like home.
park city UT
Reviewed June 7, 2011

If you have a late arrival or an early departure, it will be hard to beat this option. It is literally on the grounds of the small airport so the shuttle is about 2 minutes door to door. Don't let the plain exterior fool you. The place has been totally remodeled inside top to bottom. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The common areas are all up to date. The place has none of that depressing "what the hell was I thinking staying here" vibe that so many airport hotels have. Most importantly for an airport hotel, it has been completely soundproofed so you can barely hear a thing from outside. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport. We are proud of all the renovations in the hotel and will be upgrading our guest rooms at the end of the year. I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and experienced the convenience of our location and 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle. I hope next time you are in the Cleveland area you will stay with us again.
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport for one night. The room was clean and comfortable. Room wasn't all that soundproof within the building. I could hear people in the hallways and doors opening and closing. I did not notice much sound from airplanes landing and taking off, so they soundproofing from the outside windows is good.

They require keys in the elevators to gain access to the floors, so keep those keys handy.

I had breakfast at the buffet. It was a small buffet with basic selections--bagels, toast, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc. It was just a basic buffet with no special items.

The night I was there, they were having issues with the keys. I was at the hotel less than twelve hours, and I had to make seven trips to the front desk to try to get working keys for my room. When I first tried to enter my room, I had to make two additional trips back to the desk to get a working key. I went out that night, and when I returned I had to make three trips down to the desk to get a working key. The next morning, when I went to breakfast, I had to make an extra trip down to the desk to get a key, and the key they gave me wouldn't even let me into the elevator, so I had to go back again.

It was a bit frustrating to have to visit the desk so many times. I didn't make a stink about it, as I was only staying there one night, but it would have been nice if the hotel had comped breakfast for the inconvience--that's just good customer service.

Overall, it was a fine hotel for a night or two, but I wouldn't stay there for an extended period of time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. The key system in our elevators is for security purposes. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the elevators and I will talk with our engineers to make sure the problem has been corrected and any work done was not just a temporary fix. Please let me know personally if you will be back in town and I would be happy to assist you directly.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Lovely lobby, lots of pcs in lobby, pool and fitness center and nice rooms and maybe not a heavenly bed but Sheraton version.surprised by a couple things...old tv in room, ie not a flat screen, and how could a Starbucks not be open in the early morning 7 am?????? Otherwise, you can't get closer to the airport if you slept in thevterminal itself...funny thing, I didn't hear any planes overhead .

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Our location cannot be beat when it comes to the ease and convenience and proximity to the airport. We recently replaced all the televisions in the guest rooms with flat screens and the bed in the guest room is the same as the above mentioned version; our brand just has a different name. The associates at the front desk are always available to assist with anything you might need from our café. We look forward to having you back at the hotel.
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The Sheraton Cleveland Airport is a perfectly good option at the airport. The rooms are a little rough around the edges but very clean with comfortable Sheraton beds. Service was especially friendly and room service was good as well. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank thelivingjuj
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read of the great service you received from our staff. We will be upgrading our guest rooms before the end of the year and we recently installed flat screen TV’s in all of our guest rooms. It pleases me to know that the next time you are in Cleveland you would consider staying with us again. We would be honored to welcome you back.
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights, having won the bid from Priceline. The hotel is very nice! The indoor pool is enclosed by a two-story atrium, and has many plants. The fitness center is amazing-new equipment, and easy-to-read guides on using exercise balls and other weights. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Minor downsides include: some noise from incoming airplanes and the lack of nearby restaurants. We had breakfast in their restaurant and found the food good, although a bit overpriced. Our neighbor was playing their radio loudly, but the front desk took care of it promptly when we called to complain.

Please note: As of 2/15/2011, they have now changed their parking policy and hotel guests will be charged $8/day for parking. The snow "removal" service for the parking lot had piled up all of the extra snow close to the cars and we had to dig 18 inches of snow from our rear tires in order to get out.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy you enjoyed the wonderful amenities our hotel has to offer and that the staff was attentive to your needs. In regards to parking, upon reviewing our parking policy and comparing it to other airport hotels around the country, we found that we were among the few that did not charge for parking. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Cleveland Airport
Cleveland Airport Marriott
Cleveland Airport Marriott
#18 of 38 in Cleveland
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!