I recently stayed at the Cleveland Ritz-Carlton for 3 nights on a business trip. I have nothing but good things to say about my stay. First, the staff was friendly and attentive. Heck, they even brought me mini pieces of chocolate each of the evenings I was there (including the evening I checked in)! The rooms and beds were nice, the air conditioning worked very well, allowing me to sleep well, and the wireless internet service was reasonably fast. Various newspapers (New York Times, Cleveland Plain Dealer, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and The Financial Times) were also available for free in the lobby area, and as a voracious newspaper reader, the newspaper availability was appreciated. The staff also did a fine job of cleaning the room and restocking the supplies. Additionally, the hotel's location can't be beat - it is in the heart of downtown Cleveland, in the Tower City complex, meaning that various restaurants and other services were nearby. Because the hotel was in Tower City, that also meant I didn't need to rent a car - I took the Cleveland RTA Red Line (i.e. the Rapid) from the airport to the Tower City station and had to only go up a few escalators to reach the hotel (though I will say the Tower City indoor plaza/mall area is pretty confusing initially). The hotel's location near Cleveland's rail transit lines and fairly new bus rapid transit line allowed me to check out all of those services and a couple of non-downtown locations (especially Shaker Square) after the conference's sessions were over for the day. The Ritz-Carlton is also within walking distance of Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians, and I was able to attend a pair of Indians games during my stay. About the only complaint (a very minor one) I have about the hotel is you need to use your room card in the elevator to get to your floor.
The Cleveland Ritz-Carlton is an excellent hotel for business trips, and if you have the money to spend would likely be excellent for leisure trips too. I'm not sure if the Cleveland Ritz is classified as a 5 star hotel, but service-wise it definitely struck me as a 5 star hotel. If I could stay there again for business I'd definitely be interested in doing so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The epitome of Midwestern hospitality and the only downtown Cleveland hotel to receive a four-star, four-diamond rating, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland features: ideal heart-of-downtown location; 205 well-appointed guest rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Cuyahoga River, Lake Erie, and downtown Cleveland; exceptional dining in MUSE and Lobby Lounge on 6; 24-hour Fitness Center; indoor access to Tower City Center; easy walking access to downtown attractions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Ritz Carlton
- Ritz-Carlton Cleveland
- Ritz Cleveland
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland Ohio