“Almost perfect”

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Commerce Township, Michigan, USA
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This was one of many trips we have taken to cleveland in recent months . All staff is always courteous and professional.
The room was clean and in order except that the phone didn't work.
Trying to call from my cell was unsuccessful because all numbers I googled gave me toll free numbers that did not get me to the front desk.

Lastly our room was right across from the service room and staff was very loud and let doors slam . That was a little annoying but we know better to ask not to be near the ice machine and/the service staff room.
Other than that it was almost perfect .

• Stayed August 2014
Kelly S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Dear Linda B,
Thank you for your feedback and I so appreciate your review so we can be of better service to our guests. I apologize for the challenges you experienced and I will be sure and collaborate with our service professionals to see how we will deliver flawless service. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you upon your return.

Kelly A. Steward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2014

If you want an enjoyable weekend in Cleveland hit the "Flats" and stay at the Ritz on a weekend package. You can walk pretty much anywhere in town and do not miss Johnny's Downtown on 6th street for a cocktail hour before walking over to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to watching the Tribe play.
The hotel is well appointed and the weekend "get-a'ways" are the way to beat regular pricey room rates.
Enjoy as the Cuyahoga no longer is on fire!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on the weekend package and you will get a better room for the same price.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Will R,
Thank you for your positive comments of The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland and our city with all the sites and happenings not to be missed. So happy you enjoyed and we look forward to your return.

M-Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My wife, son, and I stayed here for a night in July. As usual, the service was wonderful. Our check-in went so smooth and fast we could not have been happier. Front desk assistant even went above and beyond to walk me half way to the closet place to purchase cold medicine. The room was as comfortable as one comes to expect from a Ritz-Carlton. We also had a drink in the bar and the bartender was great. Thank you to all!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear M-Michigan,
Wow! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am delighted that we made you and your family feel right at home and comfortable. I will be sure to share this heartfelt recognition with our Ladies and Gentlemen.
With much gratitude and warm regards,

Toronto
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I just returned home from another stay at The Ritz Carlton in Cleveland. Each and every time I visit this hotel, I am never disappointed. From the greeting by valet parking attendants to the reception at the Front Desk, the service is excellent. The rooms are elegant without being gaudy or over the top and the beds are SO comfortable. The bar is intimate and the cocktails and hors d'oeuvres are outstanding. The morning coffee/tea in the lobby is a nice touch. The location is superb. The only criticism I have of the hotel (which really is not a criticism) is that they used to have an indoor swimming pool, which they closed several years ago. It would be nice to have a swimming pool to use during a stay but that is just a personal preference. Overall, I recommend this property highly!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear TorontoTravelMan07,

I am most appreciative of your fabulous review. Thank you for your loyalty, business and your very articulate recognition of your experience with our Ladies and Gentlemen and the hotel. Your comfort is so important to us. Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I had a marvelous stay at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland Ohio. My room was very nice with a very nice view. I can not priase the Hotel staff enough. They were very friendly and helpful. I recommend staying there the next time you are in Cleveland. The Horseshoe Casino is in the Mall below the Hotel.

Room Tip: High floor with a good view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Juliepsheridan,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland. I thank you for the kind compliments as I am fortunate to have an amazing team of service professionals who are genuine, warm and caring. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you for being with us.

Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Another truly amazing stay at our favorite hotel in Cleveland. Check in was amazing and I want to thank Ankish Shah for a truly courteous and friendly process. Room 1427 on Club Level was everything we expected it to be. It was clean, specious and well maintained. The room didn't just look clean.. it felt clean. I want to thank the housekeeping for a wonderful job.

Jasmine and her team at the concierge lounge was amazing. We loved the service they provided. They truly care about the guests and that makes all the difference.

Valet service was quick an easy with a very friendly staff for $28 per night.

If I have any complaints about this one stay.. it would be that once again we kind of wished they had a pool and offered SPA services. Also, the restaurant Muse could be better considering that this is the Ritz Carlton.

Amazing hotel to be called the best in Cleveland and we will be back again very soon... this is our home away from home when in the Cleveland area.

Room Tip: If possible... stay at the club level.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Blasphemystic,

Thank you for your phenomenal review and your recognition of Ankish, Jasmine, the Club Lounge team, the Housekeeping team, the Valet team and our hotel. I appreciate your loyalty and your business. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed August 31, 2014

My husband and I have never stayed at the Ritz Carlton before this trip to Cleveland Ohio. From the moment we pulled up to valet our car, to the moment we checked out, we had first-class service. Every employee we encountered was kind, friendly, and very helpful. Our room was modern, clean, the bed was comfortable. It is centrally located in downtown Cleveland, many attractions to walk to, including the rock 'n roll Hall of Fame. What a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Katie G,

Thank you for the glowing review, compliments, and trying The Ritz-Carlton for the first time. We look forward to welcoming you again for more world class service through the genuine hearts of our Ladies and Gentlemen.