I like the Cleveland Ritz Carlton. My wife, son and I stayed there for three nights for an anniversary, baseball, Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame trip. Like the City of Cleveland itself, it works hard to project a positive image, but a few issues are clearly visible.
The location is great. It is a short walk to the baseball park, and a slightly longer walk to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame (we drove to the latter because my wife had recently had an operation). It is close to the small, but attractive Warehouse District on 6th St. and the pedestrian mall on 4th Street with lots of restaurants, bars and live music.
The room and public areas are vintage Ritz: gleaming wood, shiny crystal, oriental rugs and an air of elegance. Service is a real plus. Everyone is friendly from the parking attendants to the waitresses to the club floor attendants. Just what you would expect from a Ritz. In fact, even better because staff were genuinely friendly in addition to the courtesy one expects from Ritz staff.
Speaking of the Club Floor. We got a "Stay 3 nights, pay for 2" deal for around $400.00 per night. This is a little more than we typically pay, but food and drinks on the club level were included, as well as valet parking. We thought it was a good value. The appetizers were very tasty; lunch and breakfast were nice as well. The Staff was great. I loved the multiple newspapers and magazines in the Club Lounge. Unlike other Ritz Carltons, however the furniture in the club was slightly tattered. Two upholstered armchairs were soiled and in desperate need of steam cleaning. This has been noted in other reviews, so why management doesn't tend to this immediately is a mystery.
Our room was elegant, roomy and clean. The bathroom was filled with complimentary items, including a razor and toothbrush. Housekeeping was impeccable.
We stopped in for a drink at the bar. No bartender was present, but our server cheerfully noted that she was doubling as the bartender. This was a little surprising since we were there on a Saturday night.
I worked out at the health club. It had the usual elegant locker room, but a little less equipment than one usually finds at a Ritz.
We did get a welcome e-mail soliciting anything we might need. I wrote back and asked a few questions, but got no response. I found this odd given the "we try harder" attitude of the staff while we were there.
We were given wonderful chocolates in the shape of guitars and a personal note for our anniversary, and our son got cookies with a note that the hotel hoped he enjoyed the baseball game.
So on the whole, this is a great hotel. I would stay again. It needs just a few tweaks to be top drawer, and I am rooting for this place because the people who work there are so likeable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The epitome of Midwestern hospitality and the only downtown Cleveland hotel to receive a four-star, four-diamond rating, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland features: ideal heart-of-downtown location; 206 well-appointed guest rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Cuyahoga River, Lake Erie, and downtown Cleveland; exceptional dining in MUSE ; 24-hour Fitness Center; indoor access to Tower City Center; easy walking access to downtown attractions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Cleveland
- Ritz-Carlton Cleveland
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland Ohio