“My regular Cleveland hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland

The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“My regular Cleveland hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is my regular hotel in Cleveland, I am always in town on a heavy schedule for two days and I always stay downtown for my business... this is by far the superior hotel property in downtown Cleveland.. On my most recent visit, I was very disappointed with house-keeping who failed to clean my room from 8:30am when I left for meetings and 3:00 pm when I arrived back for a nap before my evening meetings....that meant no house-keeping for my stay. I think the attention to detail in this property have slipped since my last stay, but in downtown, this is the only game.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This is the standard for service. From the moment we checked in through the club level service we felt like we were at a bed and breakfast and were the only people staying at the Ritz. If only there were more of them in every city! You can't go wrong staying here. I am now a lifelong customer!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank lostintheNati
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

It's a Ritz-Carlton, so the physical real estate is beautiful, just as one would expect. On this particular visit (I have stayed here before), I was a little disappointed with a few things on the service front. The room I was initially given was right next to a "service" room that must house some equipment because it was quite noisy so I went back to the reception to request a different room. I was given a new one without much ado (the hotel did not appear to be overly busy which makes me wonder why I was given a bad room to begin with). Second, there was no turn-down service which, at a Ritz-Carlton, I'm pretty sure is done as a matter of course, without having to be requested. I was hoping to find some chocolates on my pillow and the bathroom tidied up when I got back from dinner but, alas, no such luck. Lastly, at check-in I was not asked if I wanted a particular newspaper delivered to my room in the morning, and I forgot to ask for it, so no WSJ for me. Oh well, maybe I'll try the Renaissance Hotel next door on my next visit to Cleveland.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Love coming to the Ritz in Cleveland. The facility is very clean, the service is warm and enthusiastic and the concierge level snacks and beverage service is very good. It's the place to get work done!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Cynthia F
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed at this property for less than 24 hours in October 2013 but it was great. The service is so sweet and nice from start to finish. I was on the Club Level and though the room decor itself seemed rather dated and old fashioned, the amenities on the Club Level were fantastic. The dedicated concierges there was so sweet and helpful, the free liquor/wine/coffee/water and snacks were perfect and the views were great. I was super impressed with the housekeeping and when I called to ask if there was any way a silk dress could be pressed in the next 30 minutes before an event, a lovely lady ran up to get it from me and returned it 20 minutes later perfectly pressed (and at no charge as a club level perk).

I do not remember the names of the specific Club Level concierges who were so kind to me (one even walked me to the adjacent shopping complex/casino when I wanted to find a place to get a drink quite late at night- I thought that was super sweet of her to take care of me like that!) but they were all extremely lovely.

I did hear a lot of noise in my room from a family with small children who were staying across the hall and doing a lot of yelling and crying, which was unfortunate. I also thought the room prices were a little ridiculous given that this was in Cleveland but charging rates comparable to Chicago Ritz. But all in all, it was a really nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travelgal30
Kelly S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Travelgal30,

Thank you so very much for your review. We so appreciate the recognition of our Ladies and Gentlemen and they will thrilled that they have received such glowing commnets. We look forward to welcoming you back and creating another memorable experience. Please know I am available should you need anything.

Warm regards,
Kelly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 days for a work trip and absolutely loved it! The hotel is connected to the mall (awesome) that is connected to the casino (also awesome) so it's just perfect. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in bed both mornings and it was delivered fast and hot. Beds were the best! Close to lake, stadiums and plenty of places to eat. All around great trip!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Katy R
Norwalk, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

A weekend at the Ritz-Carlton is as close to perfect as one can get. Breakfast at Muse restaurant was delicious, the atmosphere calm and relaxing, the attention and care of the servers was exceptional. Every staff member we encountered was so friendly. The rooms were nice, the bathrooms ... luxury! And the beds were the best! Valet service was very good, a big thank you to Nick ... he was right there every time to help with taxis, getting a wheelchair in and out, and welcoming us back like family coming home. Thank you to the Ritz and LifeIsGoodNoMatterWhat.org for making this weekend a family-time we will never forget!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family