Four of us booked holiday tea at the Ritz. When I booked the tea, they take your credit card number because the cancellation policies are very strict. You have to cancel 72 hours in advance, or they charge your credit card $25.00 each for the reservation. I was a bit nervous about it because we were driving from Burton and one person was coming from Toledo, and the weather was a bit iffy, but we made it.
The tea is excellent, you get your choice of one tea, and included is switching to another type of tea one time. If you want to switch again, there is an additional charge. We had the traditional sandwiches including salmon, cucumber, ham, and egg. The pastries were very good, a white chocolate mousse, gingerbread cake, and others. Scones were excellent with clotted cream.
The only problem I had was when I booked the tea, I told them we needed separate checks. They said "not a problem". We had a bit of a battle with the waitress about it. She told us "we don't do that, and it's been a rule for about four years". She was a bit rude...what happened to saying "my pleasure" like the always do at the Ritz!! At first, I was fine with splitting the check four ways, even though some of us had drinks and some didn't. But then she was so rude about it I was determined to have my way! Okay, this is the Ritz, known to be accomodating to customers. Also, there was a 20% service charge for the tea, and I didn't think she was worth 20%. Unfortunately, there are limited places to have tea in Cleveland.
It also doesn't compare anywhere close to having tea in London at one of the five star hotels. Although those teas are a bit more, around $65.00, for a high tea experience. They do have the teddy bear tea going on at the same time, I would have thought they may have been in a different room since there are plenty of children at the Teddy Bear Tea, but no such luck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The epitome of Midwestern hospitality and the only downtown Cleveland hotel to receive a four-star, four-diamond rating, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland features: ideal heart-of-downtown location; 205 well-appointed guest rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Cuyahoga River, Lake Erie, and downtown Cleveland; exceptional dining in MUSE and Lobby Lounge on 6; 24-hour Fitness Center; indoor access to Tower City Center; easy walking access to downtown attractions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Cleveland
- Ritz-Carlton Cleveland
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland Ohio