“Comfortable stay”

The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

1st time stay was very comfortable, although place has many drawbacks. In town to visit Horseshoe casino and stayed for 2 nights. Hotel is near casino but not as close as 1 might think. Located in Tower City, it is next door to casino but not as close as portrayed. Walking distance to casino is lengthy as casino is ground level to mall and hotel is on 6th floor. You need to take escalators to 3rd level then elevator to lobby on 6th floor. Then another elevator to room floors so navigation takes much getting used to. Not easily accessible like typical casinos in other venues. However, staff is very amiable and rooms are above sufficient. Didn't like fact that they took liberty of bed turn-down service w/o asking. Nice convenience but, LET ME KNOW! To me, it is the epitome of laziness to have this done. Anyways, nice room w/ nice bath/shower and well maintained facility. Tried to check in a little early but room not ready. Left # w/ clerk and she called to let us know when ready. Went to casino for the interim so all was fine. Very good staff and efficiently-run facility. Would stay here again despite minor glitches.

Room Tip: If casino comps your room, don't expect good view as ours was lousy. For free, not complaining
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank craig f
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland

Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you ever want to see that customer service is still alive and be treated like royalty, I highly suggest you stay at the Ritz. From the moment we arrived we were treated with friendly efficient service. No detail was left out. It was our anniversary and we stayed in a suite on the Conceirge level. The moment we got off the elevator we were greeted with champagne and greetings of Happy Anniversary. Later on in the evening, a little fairy left us lovely, decadent deserts and an anniversary card. They made sure all our needs and comfort were met. They found out I liked to drink iced green tea and they made sure there was some always available for me in the lounge. I thought service like this was dead. I am glad to see it is not. Add that to the beautiful rooms and you can't lose. We plan on coming back often to enjoy this type of treatment again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay on the concierge level, it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland on their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame special. The room was large and the amenities in the bathroom wonderful. All we had to do was walk downstairs to the tram and go over to the Hall of Fame so it was very convenient. The mall was a disappointment as all the high end stores have closed.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is excellent in every way. From the time you check in to the hour you check out. There are many new aspects that we liked. The fact that you could text text the desk and your car would be waiting for you. The service staff was exceptional both friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Cleveland while I was in town briefly for both business and personal reasons. It was my first time staying in a Ritz-Carlton, and based on this experience, I would love to only stay at the R-C from here on out!

The staff at the front desk was so courteous, and although my room was not ready when I arrived, they directed me to the concierge lounge to wait. By the time the elevator doors opened, the concierge was already standing and greeting me by name. A short time later my room was ready. It was perfect! Great view of downtown, quiet, clean, and extremely comfortable beds.

The concierge was easy to use, too. I just texted when I wanted to leave and my car was brought around by the time I got down to the ground floor.

Overall, it was a fantastic stay, and the hotel and staff made it memorable for all the right reasons!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Cleveland Ritz shined in every way for our very special stay with them in September for our anniversary. We were beautifully greeted by the valet attendant who asked us immediately if we were celebrating any special occasion. We told him we were celebrating our anniversary. By the time we got to the lobby, which was all of 5 minutes or so from the valet, they told us "Happy Anniversary"!! It was the most wonderful stay in the most beautiful hotel. Five stars all the way! We were only in our room no more than 10 minutes, AND THEY BROUGHT US UP A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE AND FANCY CHOCOLATES FOR OUR BIG NIGHT WITH THEM!! I highly recommend this hotel to all of you. The bed was sooo comfortable and the room immaculate, clean, clean, clean!! The view of the river was to die for. We saw rowers and boats and it was perfection in every way. THANK YOU TO EACH OF YOU AT THE RITZ CLEVELAND WHO MADE OUR STAY PERFECT INEVERY WAY!! WE WILL BE BACK EACH YEAR TO CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARIES WITH YOU!! THANK YOU AGAIN!

1  Thank AzucarCleveland_OH
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here on two separate nights within a few days during my drive to and from Chicago. What a lovely oasis for a road-weary traveler. From the warm towel proffered by the welcoming and professional front desk staff upon arrival to the large and luxurious accommodations, this hotel pleases on all levels. It is no wonder the Ritz Carlton brand is synonymous with excellence.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business