“the casino paid - so we stayed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland

The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Cleveland, OH
“the casino paid - so we stayed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A hiccup in the beginning - checked in too early (we knew we were - not a biggie). Requested a king. When the room was ready we had 2 beds - while at first they said they didn't have one they ended up changing our room. They were so quick to run up a new key and help with bags. Any more hotel rooms in general are just a room no exictement. Room was clean, bed comfy. Could use a few frim pillows. Great lighting in the bathroom !! (I am tired of dim lit bathrooms). Just one need to improve comments. If I call to check my reservation you should be able to do it with out being frazzled. I wanted to make sure our reservation booked through Horseshoe transfered over (which it does not do untill the day of check in) with a note that it was our anniversary. The guy that answered the guest services phone kept telling me to call the casino - I gave up, So reservation was there but no acknowlegement regarding our anniversery as in a past stay. Overall, the stay was good - I'd stay again if it was free. Otherwise the rate was way too high for this location ($350/nt). With the exception of the frazzled guy - everyone was exeptionally nice as always.

1 Thank nitesky014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is just a regular hotel but with good customer service as can be expected.. Pretty standard rooms. Nice linens and towels. This particular RC must have thin walls. You can hear every conversation in the hallway. Honor bar is ultra expensive compared to other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cmeru51
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Aug for a business conference my company hosted at the Ritz. The staff and service is fantastic! Accommodations were beautiful and the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on. Great location in Cleveland for walking around to the different hot spots in town.

• Stayed August 2013
Brook Park, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I attended an Indians ball game and spent the night at the Ritz Carlton, After a short visit at the Horseshoe. Rooms are large and clean, bed and pillows very comfortable. The staff was very courteous and helpful! Thank you for a good night. We will come back. The Indians gave us a win to.

1 Thank Nancyz216
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Came to Cleveland for an Indians game with friends. Stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The service was amazing. It was Monday of Labor Day Weekend and the hotel had been sold out over the weekend so they were a little behind getting the rooms clean. Everyone was apologetic and got our rooms ready asap. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. A very nice experience. The value was great as it was through the casino promotion!

Room Tip: Check the rates through Harrahs or Ceasars
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

To celebrate my wife's birthday, we reserved a room at the Ritz Carlton, downtown Cleveland for an indulgent weekend. With the Horseshoe Casino a short indoor walk away, it seemed like a good time was in store. Even though I assumed I knew what luxury and great service was all about, I was further amazed at the attentive and friendly staff that awaited us. When I checked in, I assumed, as a Marriott Gold, that we would be upgraded to a club level room. The clerk, very politely, explained that while that is true at Marriott properties, it does not apply to Ritz properties. I accepted her explanation and jokingly told her I was going to check it out online.

Once ensconced in our large, beautiful corner room, we unpacked and prepared to enjoy our escape. A knock at the door and when opened, a bellman stood there with a bottle of wine, opener, two glasses and an envelope. He stated that it was compliments of the manager. I thanked (and tipped) him and went back inside to read the note. I was surprised to find that the manager, hearing of my question about upgrades, wanted to apologize for the inconvenience. He was offering a bottle of wine and a dining credit as a token of his apologies. WOW - I never expected (or deserved....) such a generous gesture.

We had a great weekend - lost money at the casino, had a great birthday meal at Morton's and splurged on a Sunday morning breakfast from room service - compliments of the hotel.

I have stayed at every major chain in the USA from the lower end to the big bustling hotels and had typically good experiences from all - but I have never had service, elegance and class such as that experienced at the Ritz Carlton Cleveland. From the housekeepers, to the parking attendants, the doorman to the desk clerks - everyone was cordial and attentive with outstanding service. The room was large, comfortable with a nice desk area and ample closets. The TV was large, a comfortable chair with ottoman in a great spot and good coffee making supplies. A total win for my wife and I. We will certainly be back.....

Room Tip: Don't worry about views, try to get a corner room they are huge!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeLOh
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hotel is in Downtown, Cleveland, Ohio, and is within walking distance of most locations of interest, including the Rock and Roll Museum. The local, FREE, and clean, municipal bus service is just outside the front door. The rooms are comfortably large, with beds that help put you to sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow. The staff is very attentive, and friendly to a fault, with a nightly "turn-down" service. Fully equipped work-out room, steam room, and hot tub, but the pool was closed, and will be for sometime. Valet was very friendly, and car retrieval was quick. If needed, the local rail service terminal is under the hotel, and the Horseshoe Casino is located across the street. You will not be bored, in or out of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple