“great stay”

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
ohio
“great stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is the best in downtown Cleveland, and even better now with the opening of the attached Horseshoe Casino in tower city. Wow, much more to do in downtown than ever before. The hotel upgraded us and because it was our anniversary, made the stay extra special, chocolate strawberries upon our arrival. It's just a great staff and an oasis in the city.

Room Tip: The corner suites are wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Exceptional service is what you expect from the Ritz Carlton Group but this was exceptional. I had flown from LA to Clevelnad on the overnight flight ... we all know how that makes you feel!!! I was welcomed by Nate and asked whether I could utilise the facilities prior to meeting two work collegues prior to breakfast. I expected some resistance but the oposite happened. I was shown to the Gym by Gregg, the facilities explained and left to utilise the Gym and showers. I could not have been better treated. Then refreshed, I was shown the main areas of the hotel, we had breakfast - very reasonable and great food and off to meetings for the day. Everyone at the Ritz Carlton Cleveland were fantastic and will ensure that I stay overnight and enjoy the Hotel next time I am in Cleveland - Thanks to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Williamsville
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed here earlier this week for a one night pleasure trip. We think all of staff we encountered here must be taking "happy" pills. Seriously, we never saw so many happy folks who seemed intent only on making sure we would have an enjoyable stay. I mean everybody - from the valet parking guys to the front desk, the Lobby Lounge, the housekeeping staff, the Muse restaurant employees. The hotel is in a great location, it has a aura of luxury to it, the bed was amazingly comfortable, the breakfast was simply perfect. The Lobby Lounge has a great happy hour deal; with select wines, cocktails, and bar bites for just $6 each. There are no negatives here, except for perhaps the price, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

2 Thank pasbuffalo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay at this location. I believe the first was a little better than the second.

The service was good, but not great like the first time. I somewhat feel that this has to do with my age (26) but it may all be in my head. I travel quite a bit for work and my travels again brought me to Cleveland. In my opinion all of the hotels in the downtown area are past their prime. With that being said, I decided to choose a hotel that was a Marriott property as I am a platinum member. I decided to go with the Ritz again (Marriott property) and upon check-in the status was not even acknowledged (the first time it was) which is petty, but irritates me a bit as I have logged over a 80 nights in a Marriott this year with three months to go in the year. The least that could be done is to acknowledge it.

The staff seemed less attentive this trip. Maybe they were much busier this time around?

Housekeeping did a great job. Room was spotless

In-room dining was good for the most part. I ordered dinner, late night meal and then breakfast twice. A shrimp cocktail I had ordered seemed like it had been left out. The shrimp was room temperature and the cocktail sauce was like sludge. Needless to say I didn't eat it. The staff that brought the meal each time was always friendly and polite.

The location is great. The room was comfortable and the walls seemed insulated well as I did not hear noise from neighbors. The doors are very thin though so you get a lot of noise from the halls if people are talking. This wasn't enough to bother me.

Overall I'd rate this stay as good, not great. Definitely not living up to the RC name during this stay. Still, this would be the best place to stay if you're looking in downtown Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank David W
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We spent one night and were given the room comped by Harrah's Casino. The linens and furniture were all good quality. The service was wonderful.We plan on going back and spend more time because it is located to many sites we would enjoy. Would like to have one of the specialty drinks in the lounge.

North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We visited Cleveland on a Thursday night and couldn't believe how great the service was!

From the moment we valet parked our car to check-in and finally check-out, the employees and the service were top notch at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Cleveland.

The hotel is conveniently located next to a shopping mall at Tower Place that offers many shopping and dining offers as well as a covered walking path to the Horshoe Casino. Also, public transportation departs from the mall to almost anywhere you want to go in the city.

Our check-in at the reception desk was quick and efficient and the staff was friendly and helpful both at check-in and check out.

Upon arrival we were told that we had an upgrade to the Club Floor and when we arrived on the floor, we were immediated greeted by name by Alice who had a big smile on her face and seemed genuinely happy to see us.

The food and beverage display is great and for the nominal fee that they charge, I would highly recommend upgrading to this room category! They even give you complimentary bottles of water at bed time.

Our room was nice and spacious and immiculately clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was bright and shiny clean. Our room overlooked Lake Erie, which was relaxing and serene.

This must be the best hotel in Cleveland and we really enjoyed our stay there and recommend you staying here if possible.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a lake view on a high floor. Pay the extra to stay on the Club Floor, it is worth...
1 Thank dfc9258
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were comped by Harrah's for our stay here and I have to admit, we probably wouldn't have spent that much on a room otherwise. We have stayed in nicer rooms, tho this was very nice, but the service was outstanding. We couldn't find fault with any of the staff or the room, for that matter. The only complaint I might have was valet was slow. I was beginning to wonder if my car was lost but it didn't affect our opinion of the hotel. I suggest you call even before you check out.
I pretty much agree with most of the reviews; especially, about the walk to/from the casino after the mall is closed. I was planning to meet my husband at the casino but changed my mind as the mall was closed and it's a 10 min walk. He only saw one security guard while walking back. I hate to think how scary that would be if you were a big winner (haha) and someone were watching you. Just a suggestion for the walk between the two. Hotel is on 3rd floor, casino 1st but you have to walk from hotel to escalator/elevator (I suggest elevator). Then you have to walk to casino - all in all, it takes about 10 min. Once you find your way, stay with the same route everytime; otherwise, you'll become confused. When you're ready to return from the casino, use the escalators (down) directly across from the Total Rewards desk on the first floor. Signage is non existant for the return. Incidentally, don't forget to check out the 2nd floor of the casino.
We will definitely return since we will no doubt be comped again and it was a very pleasant visit. We went for our anniversary and once the staff knew, they wished us a Happy Anniversary and looked like they meant it.
Take serious note about using the GPS to arrive at the hotel valet. That was the most confusing as you will also see "valet parking" signs - don't follow those. Our reservation had the casino address (100 Public Square) and perhaps that was the problem. The hotel valet in on a small side street and even now looking at my paperwork, I cannot find the hotel address tho I see from here, it is on Third St.
Re the mall, I would say it was typical (3 levels) tho not high end. There are lots of restaurants in and around the area.
One last comment, there is a stocked bar but more important, there is a one cup coffee pot but it's tucked away under the tv. If you like extra cream or sugar, you might want to bring it from home. This may seem trivial to some but I was wondering how I was going to get my first cup in the morning without paying $15 for room service. So happy I finally decided to check out the cabinet.

2 Thank mtab