The Ritz Carlton in Cleveland has an unassuming - hidden, even - facade. It is located on a one block one-way street, accessible only via Huron Rd. (or through the inside of Tower City).
The valet treat you like a welcome guest. Though it had been years since I had stayed at this property, the valet mentioned how happy he was to see me again. While this is probably just a feel-good ploy (or a case of mistaken identity), it was a nice way to begin the trip.
I checked in at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon. The lobby was crowded and I was informed that my room wouldn't be ready until 4 or later. They held my luggage and assured me they would call when my room was ready. Well after 4 pm, I had not heard from the front desk, so I went to check on the status of my room. After some computer clicking, they informed me my room was ready. I'm not sure if this was a squeaky wheel scenario, or if they had just forgotten to call me.
The room was clean and beautifully appointed, in classic RC style. There was a gorgeous, expansive view of downtown and the river. The chocolates left on the bed at night were a welcome treat upon returning to my room late-night.
Breakfast at Muse was good - though the $2.00 bacon upcharge (for various kinds of bacon) seemed cheap (as in penny-pinching), in the scheme of things. It's like a fine restaurant that charges .25 cents extra for blue cheese dressing. Unnecessary and lacking in class. They were also out of turkey sausage.
This Ritz - as most upscale hotels do - charges for things like a local phone call (.75). You can make up for this with the lovely free tea selection in the lobby.
All in all, this is a great place to stay when visiting Cleveland, and much more reasonably priced than RC properties in other cities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The epitome of Midwestern hospitality and the only downtown Cleveland hotel to receive a four-star, four-diamond rating, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland features: ideal heart-of-downtown location; 205 well-appointed guest rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Cuyahoga River, Lake Erie, and downtown Cleveland; exceptional dining in MUSE and Lobby Lounge on 6; 24-hour Fitness Center; indoor access to Tower City Center; easy walking access to downtown attractions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Ritz Carlton
- Ritz-Carlton Cleveland
- Ritz Cleveland
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland Ohio