Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
Comfort Inn Downtown(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Breakfast included
$142
$115
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$189
  • Restaurant
Cleveland Airport Marriott(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
$169
$89
$190
$174
1,222 results
All reviewspublic squaresans soucisan soucilobby bartower city centerbeautiful hotelbeautiful lobbyan older hotelthe club loungeupgraded to a suiterock and roll hallparking garage isindoor poolbed was very comfortableold buildingguest roomsself park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We reserved a room at the Renaissance for an overnight stop in Cleveland. The building is an old, historic building in downtown Cleveland. First impressions from the parking garage were not promising. Parking is difficult, the elevator is hard to find and a bit creaky. The enclosure with the escalator to the lobby smelled badly. Our spirits were buoyed, however, when we reached the lobby and stunning common areas of the hotel. We were even more pleasantly surprised when we were told at check in that we had been upgraded to an 11th floor corner suite. Our suite had a huge living and dining area, with a massive dining room table, comfortable living room furniture and a wet bar. The bedroom was lovely, and the bed was very comfortable. The only impediment to a good night's sleep was street noise, even on the 11th floor. We had dinner in the very well-appointed bar area; prices were reasonable, and the food delicious. Service was outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, away from the casino.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IllinoisTravel4Fun
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The rooms are comfy, but small - typical for an historic hotel. Clean, no pool. Would rate it a three star, but definitely not a four star. If not for the casino attached, would not have stayed here. Best feature is being in walking distance of local attractions, easily. Restaurant somewhat romantic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stayed at this whole during the production of 2 films, I for 3 weeks and most recently for 6 weeks. First thing is the rooms. They very in size DRASTICALLY. My last stay the first room they put me in was the size of small closet. I could barely walk in the room without tripping over the bed. Being that I was Platinum Rewards Member (Amazing that they would put a Platinum status person in one of the worst rooms of the hotel, but it does shows you how incredibly inefficient and short sided the front of the house is at the hotel) and that I had to be there for 6 weeks, there was no way I was going to stay in that room one night. So I went back to the front desk and asked for another room. So they put me in a slightly bigger room right next to the ice machine and elevator. By this time it was late and I was too tired to drag all my stuff back down and up and so I tried to sleep but between the elevator noise and Ice Machine noise not many zzzz. Here is major problem number 2, the hotel has not been updated to central air, so they have these 1970's Holiday Inn looking metal A/C heat unit that you cannot control so its either freezing super hot and stuffy because you turn it off and then all the summer humidity. Needless to say it was a miserable 6 weeks. The food at the hotel is poor and the front desk might be the worst service I have ever scene at any Marriott property. Avoid hotel if you can.

Room Tip: The rooms very in size for a Standard room. Ask to see room first.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John P
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great location, right on the square. The above two stars can be attributed solely to the common area which is fabulous. The lobby is incredible, the restaurant and lounge are wonderful. If you want to spend all your time in the common area, this is the hotel for you. The rooms are very small. That is not unexpected in an older hotel. What is unexpected, however, is the antiquated heating/cooling machine. We left the air conditioning on for over four hours; and, although it was only in the 70's, it barely felt cool in our room. It hadn't even started to cut the humidity. There is no coffee maker or refrigerator in the room. They have better towels at the YMCA. I have never had smaller, thinner, rougher towels at a hotel. This is not a four star hotel. It is barely a two star hotel. Stay somewhere else and eat breakfast here or have a cocktail in the lounge.

Room Tip: Sleep somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank patty c
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I think people have been a little too hard on this hotel and i feel the rating should be considerably higher especially vs others that can't possibly be at the same calibre. We on a family vacation each summer and it's never easy to find a hotel that is clean, safe, fun and welcoming for the kids - and i have to see this place was all of that - yes the hotel is a little dated but it's quite beautiful and really in itself is a historical icon in the city of Cleveland - let me start by saying the staff at the hotel were tremendous as we were a little disappointed that our rooms were not ready upon arrival and within 3 minutes that was fixed and when we arrived in our room there was a pack and play instead of a crib for our baby and the front deck manager literally walked across the mall to a sister property in the Ritz and got a crib for us - now that is exemplary customer service if i have ever seen that before - i think his name was Brian so if that was it kudos to him for going above and beyond.

Here are the list of goods things
- rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable
- pool was magnificent, i saw that someone said there was dirty band aids or that the pool was sub par and that is ridiculous - the healthy club is spotless and the pool is awesome - it's clean, it's a huge space in an atrium which makes you feel like you are outside and it's most important of all lots of fun. There are plenty of towels and tons of chairs - i highly recommend this hotel because it has such a great pool on site
- service was awesome and we had a bed and breakfast package which was amazing as the kids had plenty to choose from at breakfast each morning
- location is amazing and we walked everywhere while in Cleveland
- as mentioned earlier staff were excellent

On the not so amazing side (although i have to say each of these points are very minor in nature)
- air conditioning in the rooms are super old and a little bit noisy (no central thermostat which i never like to see)
- walls are really thin so it's not super quiet although it didn't bother me all that much
- Roll away bed could have been 35 years old and although my son did not complain it would not hurt to get a newer roll away as it truly looks ancient
- valet parking at $27 per day is awfully expensive although it was a nice service to have and self parking is available for $9 so truly the option is yours

Overall a great hotel and a wonderful family vacation

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor and it was lovely
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family