New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Lakeland, FL
“Exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Centrally located in downtown Cleveland, this old historic hotel maintains its old fashion charm. It is attached to a shopping mall and convenient to most major attractions. Staff is well trained and friendly.

Room Tip: Club level floor, 12 and up.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I just stayed there recently and the place was excellent. The lobby and bar area is very beautiful and I found the service to be excellent. I ate at the restaurant for breakfast/lunch and the food was great at typically hotel prices. I had read many complaints about the rooms being hot and the elevators being slow....so I was prepared for the worst which did not appear. My room stayed a perfect temp and I did not have to wait for the elevators at any time. The room is quite small but since it is a historic hotel, I expected that. The best part was taking the train to and from the airport...that was super easy, pleasant and only cost $2,00 each way.

Easy walking distance to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and great restaurants across the street.

Room Tip: Stay near the elevator to avoid a super long walk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PatrickLongBeach
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice, updated, and clean room for an old hotel. Beautiful lobby. Great location. Will stay here again...

Milwaukee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here for the Rock N Roll Hall of fame induction ceromonies. This is a large hotel, the lobby is relaxing to read and sit back and enjoy the outside views. The elevators are old, dirty and slow. The room had a king bed and was too small for us. You could NEVER get the room to cool off as the heating/cooling systems are out dated. VERY warm rooms. Everyone was complaining about it. The bathroom tub was so small, and the middle felt like it was going to cave in.WE were located on the pool side as we had to open our windows, which only let you open a crack, to "TRY" to cool off, gets very loud with people in the pool area. This hotel is located in the middle of everything, with the new Horseshoe casino located next door which is opening May 2012. We didn't like the homeless situation in this area as we were bothered constantly for a cigarette or money. This would be a great hotel if they'd update the heating/cooling systems and get someone to get those elevators at least updated alittle bit.

Room Tip: Seemed like the double queen bedrooms were alot larger then the king room. Should ask which rooms h...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lulumunster
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Renaissance when we traveled to Cleveland for a Cavs game. The hotel is very historic and the Renaissance group has preserved the classic marble and gold leaf lobby while renovating all of the guest rooms. We stayed in a newly renovated room which was well appointed and very pleasant. The heating system in our room was also updated and worked well to keep the room at an even, comfortable temperature. We had drinks and a delicious late night snack at the lobby bar, and had a wonderful buffet breakfast at a table over looking Cleveland Square at the on-site restaurant, Sans Souci (really good food!) Probably the best part is that the hotel is connected to Tower City Center, which, in turn, is connected by indoor walkway to the Quicken Arena, so you can get to shopping, restaurants, nightlife and arena events without going outside. We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christine K
Russellville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a great hotel due to its location, decor, and great staff. I did encounter one issue on my first night that sould not happen at a 5 star hotel. I do understand this is a historic building and they are working to update the heating cooling system. After checking in a went to my room to relax from my flight freshen up before heading the fisrt event. When I got to the room it was hot and humid. It could not get the air to come on nor could I even get a fan to blow without the heat on too. I was able to open the windows about 12 inches. The room decor was nice, it was clean, did have some sloppy maintenance work in the bathroom with caulk and paint but not a big issue. As I was leaving I stopped by the front desk, told them I could not figure out how to get the air on. They then told me and I quote "I'm sorry but we are in the middle of updateing up heating and cooling, your room only has one setting, heat." Then she continues to tell me that I can cool the room by opening the window, or she could try and move me to an inside room but I would still not have AC but those room tend to stay coolar. I had an issue of leaving my window open as I did want to come back to room full of insects or pigoens (no screens), there was no need to move to another hot room and didnt have time. I ask for a fan which they did place in my room. I did sleep with my window open and the fan made it comfortable, but then the morning traffic noise and helicopters did not allow me to sleep in.

I would stay here again if I knew I was not going to have HVAC issues. The location is really good, the train from the airport ends under the hotel and they are also connected to the city center. You actually never have to step a foot outside from the airport to your room. The city center again you dont have to step a foot outside to go there as they are connected, it has movie theater, entire shopping mall, a Hardrock Cafe and many other eating places. The ritz also connects into the same city center. Walking around the Hotel is safe and clean with lots of nice bars, shops and eating places.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the updated heating and air system
3 Thank SRICHESON
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

You know it's a Marriott so my expectations usually are that I want it clean, roomy and a convenient location. It manages all three and I thought the value was good. Had a nice view of the lake. The lobby is beautiful with space to relax. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles