“Cleveland Clinic stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
michigan
“Cleveland Clinic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I am at this hotel 3 days a month on average. I like the location as I am wheelchair bound and easy access to the euclid corridor bus that takes me to the clinic. I always feel secure at this hotel, Sure there has a few issues here and there, but the staff here does take care of things, I am always greeted with a smile, and If I phone the GM I always get the call answered.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank edog152

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
Kent, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

We've stayed here before and the hotel itself is very nice. I would say 3+ stars (not quite 4). That said, my company provided rooms for a Christmas party but like all hotels, they require a debit or CC at check in. Instead of a hold for something reasonable, they "charged" my debit card 192 dollars (plus a separate charge for $1 dollar). I called on Monday (we stayed on the previous Friday) and was told it takes 3 business days to have the charge removed. After three days and no change, I called yet again, they said the front desk made a mistake and charged my card and they would take care of it. They asked for my banks 1-800 number. After not hearing back for a few hours, I called and was told that the bank requires a fax from the hotel and it will be another 48 hours before the funds are replaced. I've never had this experience with any other hotel chain. Very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

I wasn't thrilled with the first Cleveland hotel that I stayed at, so I moved to the Hyatt. I'm glad I did. It was clean and quiet and there was only a $10 increase in price from the Double Tree. Well worth it. The bed was comfortable, the room key had to be swiped in the elevator in order to access the guest floors, and the staff was friendly.

Rooms are outfitted with a safe, coffee maker, etc. I was content. It's not as though it's an ultra luxurious hotel, but it's a good, clean and comfortable place for someone in town on business or for personal reasons.

One of the posters on Trip Advisor mentioned that there wasn't a fitted sheet on the bed, and I guess there wasn't, but it didn't create a problem for me. I believe this hotel represents a good value for the money, it's centrally located and I'd definitely consider returning if I ever find myself in Cleveland again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

Hotel personnel were very couteous, friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and it was very quiet on Sunday night, however, on Monday night we could hear very loud music playing (not sure from where). Hotel was within walking distance to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame but was told not to venture too far at night. We chose to eat breakfast in the hotel which we found to have excellent food but very pricey. Pancakes (3) and 2 sausage links was $15.00, coffee was $3.50 cup. Total bill for breakfast for 4 of us was $90.00 with tip. Found Charlies in the lobby to have great coffee for .50 per cup. Such a deal. Parking next to hotel came to $18.00 per day.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

I stayed here for a weekend for a friend's wedding. The hotel was surprisingly large and I enjoyed the architecture and old-style design.
Overall, I liked the hotel. The room was nice, although a bit musty. There was a lot of security. The front desk service was friendly. I did not think it was worth paying extra for an "arcade view," but I did really like the arcade. I didn't know what the arcade was until I got there. It's basically a large, open area with a glass ceiling, right in the middle of the hotel. It is encircled by a few restaurants and shops to create a mall-like atmosphere, but quieter. There are often receptions that take place in this area, as noted by other reviewers.
Although I did not travel much in Cleveland, the hotel seems to have a good location. It is across the street from the music venue, House of Blues. There are also a few pretty good restaurants and bars within walking distance in the surrounding area.
Overall, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

When you book make sure you ask if there is going to be a wedding reception in the Arcade on a Saturday night. There was a reception during our stay, it ended at 11 pm but the clean-up was a little noisy. Friendly staff and clean. We mentioned the noise at checkout and recieved coupons for free breakfast at the restraunt.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hotel Cleveland at the Arcade for a spur of the moment weekend get away. The hotel was very clean and well appointed and the location was fantastic. We were able to walk to many of Cleveland's attractions. The architecture of the hotel was beautiful....in a renovated old building. We spent one night, but could have easily stayed longer...both at this hotel and in Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple