1,831 results
All reviewschocolate barrock and roll hallhistoric buildingwithin walking distanceunique hotelhouse of blueswedding receptionvalet parkingeuclid avenuesports venuesheart of downtownrestaurants and barslocation is greathigh ceilingsprogressive fieldplayhouse squarevalet service
Reviewed April 12, 2009

This was my second stay at this hotel. This time I booked through Priceline and got a very good deal. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The staff are helpful. The valet was very accomodating even giving me a ride a few blocks in my car when I mentioned I would be walking. The only thing I didnt like was the price I paid for 2 glasses of ginger ale in the bar that is accociated with the hotel. It was $6.50! I later found a pop machine where I could have purchased a whole bottle of ginger ale for $1.25 I will know the next time. Yes, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brandi1207
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I got this hotel on Priceline at a very good price. This hotel is located downtown and is very nice. The young lady who checked me in was super. Her name was Kandace. The hotel did not seem to be busy at all. At one point it actually felt spooky it seemed so empty. Room service ends at 11pm. I like 24 hour room service personally as sometimes you do get hungry in the middle of the night. This hotel is very nice but could use more guests! The one thing I did not like was the charges for everything. $5.00 bottled water in the room is a bit much.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Keith H
Reviewed January 19, 2009

My father-in-law, wife, and I stayed in two rooms at the Hyatt Regency at The Arcade in Cleveland, Ohio, for one night when my father-in-law had an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic (about 15 minutes away). We paid $39 per room per night through Priceline, which was a fabulous deal for such a nice hotel.

Before our stay, I had never heard of the Cleveland Arcade in the middle of the downtown area. It is a historic, beautiful, ornately-decorated, hard-to-describe, indoor "mall," built in 1890. The roof is an elaborate glass and metal structure that creates a lighted court in the middle, which was surrounded by five levels of shops and offices opening into that courtyard area. The top three floors have been converted into Hyatt hotel rooms, while the bottom two levels includes various store-fronts, a post office, a restaurant affiliated with the Hyatt, the Hyatt front desk/lobby, and a food court. In addition, there are two towers attached to the arcade, which are also rooms at the Hyatt. We stayed on the 8th floor of one of those towers, and our rooms looked out over the exterior of the arcade.

This rather unusual history of the buildings that make up this Hyatt made for a rather unusual stay. The two rooms that we had were quite different from each other in size and lay-out. Nonetheless, we enjoyed both rooms. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathrooms were spacious. The check-in and check-out process was seamless. The lobby was beautiful. The staff was helpful. And, again, the price was great for such a classy place.

There were a few disappointments. The Charley's restaurant in the food court was closed (because of a broken cash register!!), so we were unable to get the breakfast that we had planned. The wireless internet access was expensive, and the free wireless that we were promised in the lobby did not work for us. And parking was frustratingly expensive (which is probably to be expected in a downtown area). We chose self-parking to save on the valet price, but it still cost us $18 to park overnight. Thankfully, the parking garage was immediately next to the Hyatt.

Overall, we had a nice stay. We weren't in Cleveland long enough to see much of the surrounding area, but I always enjoy staying in hotels that have some history and character. The Hyatt Regency at the Arcade in Cleveland certainly offered that to us, and I'd be happy to stay there again!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank clo110
Reviewed January 4, 2009

This is a beautiful place to stay. They had a great New Year's Eve package for standard rooms, but we negotiated and got the package discount with an upgrade to a Grand Arcade room. While we paid more for the upgrade, the package was still under the regular rate and included a much-appreciated shuttle ride to and from our dinner cruise and a free and full breakfast in a classy historic restaurant in the morning. The Grand Arcade upgrade is worth it to get a room with a slightly more expansive suite-like feel and an entranceway overlooking the elegant old Arcade. To make the trip even more enjoyable, every staff member at every level was extremely courteous and eager to help. Even their contract shuttle driver was the epitome of service and professionalism. Our experience was a most delightful and memorable way to start out the New Year.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SmokiesCat
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I booked a saturday night stay for $50 (incl tax) on priceline. Its under the 3+ stars section. I have stayed here before and room 813 was the room i had this time. it was by far the nicest! I would recommend the 8th floor very highly. My one complaint is that parking is $21 per night. I think that isway to expensive for Cleveland. We looked for a very close overnight garage but the cheapest we found was $18 per night so we went ahead with the hotel valet. The staff is very nice. The room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. We went to a show at the State Theater and a cab was $5.75 which i was a bit surprised about since it was less than 1 mile. It would have almost been the same price to drive ourselves and park at the theater but we chose the cab instead. For the priceline price this hotel is an EXCELLENT deal.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple