“Elegant setting, friendly people” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toledo, Ohio
“Elegant setting, friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

This is a beautiful place to stay. They had a great New Year's Eve package for standard rooms, but we negotiated and got the package discount with an upgrade to a Grand Arcade room. While we paid more for the upgrade, the package was still under the regular rate and included a much-appreciated shuttle ride to and from our dinner cruise and a free and full breakfast in a classy historic restaurant in the morning. The Grand Arcade upgrade is worth it to get a room with a slightly more expansive suite-like feel and an entranceway overlooking the elegant old Arcade. To make the trip even more enjoyable, every staff member at every level was extremely courteous and eager to help. Even their contract shuttle driver was the epitome of service and professionalism. Our experience was a most delightful and memorable way to start out the New Year.

• Liked — The courteous and helpful staff, elegant setting, New Year's package
  • Disliked — We only had time for one night
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SmokiesCat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
akron, oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

I booked a saturday night stay for $50 (incl tax) on priceline. Its under the 3+ stars section. I have stayed here before and room 813 was the room i had this time. it was by far the nicest! I would recommend the 8th floor very highly. My one complaint is that parking is $21 per night. I think that isway to expensive for Cleveland. We looked for a very close overnight garage but the cheapest we found was $18 per night so we went ahead with the hotel valet. The staff is very nice. The room was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. We went to a show at the State Theater and a cab was $5.75 which i was a bit surprised about since it was less than 1 mile. It would have almost been the same price to drive ourselves and park at the theater but we chose the cab instead. For the priceline price this hotel is an EXCELLENT deal.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

The Hyatt is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and is very close to many amenities, restaurants and city landmarks. We were able to get an excellent price via Hotwire.com (about $79/night USD taxes in) which was one of the main reasons my girlfriend and I chose this location. Our room was not in the Arcade, but facing Superior Ave. directly across from the library and with a view of the historic courthouse. The staff was very friendly and can provide a world of information when it comes to sites and recommendations on restaurants. I wasn’t impressed by the mandatory valet service at $21 per day, but I shrugged it off it in lieu of the huge savings we attained on the hotel rate. The valet team was great, and our vehicle was always ready to go as we reached the lobby area. We ventured out looking for an up-scale dining establishment and decided to go with the Blue Point Grille. There are plenty of steakhouses in the warehouse district, which are all walking distance from the hotel, but we wanted something a little different with flair. The food and service at this restaurant was absolutely great, and it is truly a fine seafood eatery. There are also many nightclubs in the warehouse area playing house, hip hop and everything in between. We settled on checking out Anatomy on the Friday which was recommended by the valet staff who was also at the venue. Our days were spent walking through the streets of Cleveland, doing some shopping and checking out the Rock n Roll museum. The museum was ok, but us being in our 20’s we knew all but half of the artists featured here, though it was an overall pretty good experience. The shops in the Hyatt Arcade close at 5 to 6pm daily, and I am not sure if they were open on the Saturday, but I wasn’t able to pick up my copy of the NY Times from the store on the day of our departure. Overall, the hotel is a great pick for a downtown Cleveland adventure, though your level of satisfaction may vary depending on your experience with other Hyatt’s or major higher-end hotels. The room comfort was not the best, as it was equipped with two double beds and with the two of us on one (I am 6’3) it sometimes felt like a college dorm at times. I am used to better hotels through my travels, but I must reiterate the fact that the hotel was clean and its locale can barely be beat. My only major complaint would be about the city itself, in regards to how it basically shuts down at 5pm daily, and finding good late-nite non fast food is quite a chore. The hotel staff warned of panhandlers and other “undesirables” in the immediate vicinity of the Hyatt, but having lived in a major city our whole lives, this was just a part of city life.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — Small beds, not comfortable
2 Thank T-dott
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

I have stayed at the Hyatt once before and was very happy, very happy to get a fantastic deal (over 50% off) on Priceline. The Hyat is a great location for all weekend/entertainment activiites in downtown Cleveland.
The staff is very accomodating, the hotel bar is nice, the Arcade itself is a great piece of Cleveland's (impressive) history. My only reason for not giving it 5 stars/circles is that my room service breakfast was good, but not excellent. My coffee (3-cup pot for $9) was warm, NOT hot. I like hot coffee and food was satisfactory.
All in all though, a great break from the daily humdrum and we would go back in a second!
One more note: when there are functions/weddings at the Hyatt, they are in the Arcade, which approx. half of the rooms are open to. The parties end at 11pm, we had no problems, but then we are not annoyed by noise before 11p. You can request a room in the towers, but half the fun of the Hyatt at the Arcade is the unique rooms on the Arcade.

• Liked — great price on priceline
  • Disliked — lukewarm room service coffee
2 Thank Flee2theCleve
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

Not a bad effort by Hyatt and the arcade setting is historic and an interesting setting. However the room was not particularly impressive. Clean and well maintained, but pretty standard setup and not exactly the most luxurious of rooms. Old standard TVs (no Flat screen which is surprising since most Hyatt Places have HD as standard), and standard furniture and appointments. There is an excellent Mexican restaurant and other entertainment in nearby E 4th Street. OK but not the best I have stayed at.

• Stayed October 2008
Southeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

In the heart of Downtown Cleveland is the Hyatt Regency at The Cleveland Arcade. The Arcade was one of the first indoor shopping malls built near the turn of the 20th Century and housed various offices, shops, and businesses. Housing the palatial Hyatt, The Arcade makes for a wonderful atmosphere during a stay at the Hyatt.

During the check in process everything was smooth. I did not encounter any problems with check and in fact was given a room upgrade when I simply asked for it. You may have seen reviews that indicate there are problems with the hotel parking valet service. However, we did not encounter any problems with the valet service. Each time we requested our car, it was brought to us within the time specified and sometimes sooner. Althought it is $21 per night with in and out privileges, the valets were always polite and helpful. The concierge service was also great. Walter is one of the most help people on the staff. When you check in ask for Walter.

The bedroom was fabulous. As a very spacious non-smoking king bedroom, it was very comfortable and relaxing. The bed was VERY comfortable and the pillows were as well. The bed was an actual king size bed and was not too hard and not too soft. The pillows were either down feathers or synthetic down and are very plush. The cable TV has the local stations, the ESPN collection of channels (excluding Deportes and U), and a few other specialty channels, but enough for a temporary stay. The hotel staff was pleasant as well. Everyone was very nice and helpful when making recommendations. We did not try the room service only because we never needed to and because we were often ate with family.

The 1890 at The Arcade restaurant was great. While it was a bit more than usual place for breakfast or dinner, we found that the service and food quality far outweighed the slightly higher price. The menu was the usual items you might find at any other restaurant, including delicious chicken sausage. My wife had the waffles and I had the three-egg omelet. Both were wonderful. Also, if you prefer to eat somewhere else, there are various restaurants surrounding and inside The Arcade that provide suitable other options. One caveat though, the Sunday buffet was terrible. All the food was cold…very cold. In fact several people who initially opted for the buffet, later ordered from the usual menu. Because the buffet was bad, they heated our plates and only charged for one buffet.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are coming to the Cleveland area. My wife and I will be staying here again because of the quality, convenience, and comfort of the hotel. The price is great for the room size and convenience of the hotel services. This is a great place to stay!! We would definitely recommend this property for anyone staying in Cleveland.

• Liked — The room and service are awesome
  • Disliked — Cost of valet parking and lack of parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank Dolamyt
Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt at the Arcade some time ago, and for the most part, my experience was a good one (no complaints about the hotel room itself -- very clean, comfortable room and bathroom, what you'd expect from a business hotel), but I do want to offer this advice:

ASK ABOUT PARTIES BEFORE YOU BOOK.

I stayed at the Hyatt for two nights. The first night was quiet and peaceful. The second night was not.

That second night, there was a very large wedding and reception taking place in the atrium (whoever booked their wedding there has good taste, because the setting is, indeed, beautiful), and the noise from the guests and the band echoed all through the atrium and into the rooms. This was tolerable at 6 pm, but the revelries were still going on at 11, and my efforts to sleep were trounced by the cover band's singer bellowing covers of KC and the Sunshine Band. Considering that I had to be up very early for a flight, I was not happy. Changing rooms was not an option, because all the Hyatt Arcade's rooms open onto the atrium -- any room would have had the same problem.

When I'd booked the room, no one said anything about a party in the atrium and that my room might be noisy. I wish they had, because this information would have influenced my choice of lodging.

To the Hyatt's credit, the management comped my second night when I complained about the noise and how no one had told me there would be a loud wedding party when I'd call in my reservation.

The Hyatt Arcade is a beautiful hotel, but definitely check on party status if you plan to stay there. Otherwise, you could be in for a noisy night!

• Liked — beautiful interior, comfortable room
  • Disliked — THE NOISE
  • Stayed June 2003, traveled solo