1,831 results
All reviewschocolate barrock and roll hallhistoric buildingwithin walking distanceunique hotelhouse of blueswedding receptionvalet parkingeuclid avenuesports venuesheart of downtownrestaurants and barslocation is greathigh ceilingsprogressive fieldplayhouse squarevalet service
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am amazed the Hilton would put their name on this property. The location is wonderful but it is way overpriced for the quality. The staff was super nice, so I found it difficult to be angry at them. As stated by others the parking is expensive but I was ready for that. The hotel is old and shares it's space with a mall, which strangely enough as almost no stores. There are almost no amenities to speak of. Other than room service, if you want anything you will need to use the vending machines. The tv and cable did not work 1/2 the time and the cleaning people even forgot my room one day. I had to call down to the desk at 11 o clock at night to get towels when I came in. Like I said, the girls at the desk were sweet and tried to be helpful. This is an amazing location but falls well below the Hilton name. I would not stay there again, not for their prices.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for their "Suite" .
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Thank scmanifo1 .
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our ideal location and exceptional staff, but disappointed that the rest of your experience did not meet expectations. We value the feedback of our guests, and take all comments into consideration as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We hope you will join us again so that we have a chance to make your next stay more satisfying.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I headed to Cleveland from Toronto over the most recent long weekend. We were quite tired by the time we got into town around dinner. The area around the hotel was full of people walking around, heading out for Saturday night. Franci at the front desk did a wonderful job of checking us in and making us feel welcome. Although there was a wedding happening in the atrium, she made sure we got a room far away from the noise, as well as threw in a few extra perks. Franci even took the time to give us a detailed breakdown of different neighbourhoods and restaurants worth visiting.

The hotel may not be the most modern, but the beautiful atrium and prime location to 4th Street definitely makes up for this.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sasspiper
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I agree with others that state that the location is excellent, and that restaurants nearby are premier and walkable from this location. I HATE to pay extra, at any hotel for parking, and would MUCH PREFER that parking be "hidden" in the price of the room. At any rate found the $24.00 parking fee per day a little excessive. Was told by valet upon check in that some guests park a few blocks away in the Horseshoe Casino lot, play at the Casino, and then receive free parking at the Casino lot. Guess it's an option if you want to save the additional parking fee. We asked for a renovated room upon check in and were told that normally there is a $20.00 up charge for a renovated room. Really? Hmmm. This was a week night stay and the hotel was OBVIOUSLY not full ~ in fact did not see one of the Arcade rooms with occupants. When we didn't respond to the up sale comment we were ultimately given a "complimentary" updated room. We loved the high ceilings but as mentioned in an earlier review the newer furniture, although nice, doesn't really fit the decor that one would expect in a historic building. Our complimentary room was not located on the Arcade. In fact it was as far away from the front desk as is possible in this hotel. The location was on the second floor at the far end of the building, at the end of a exterior hallway over looking the street. The room was directly across the street from the foot mall where a number of exceptional dining establishments may be found including Chef Michael Symons Lola. All in all we enjoyed our stay. The building and interior is lovely, the elevators are small but work well, our room was clean and well cared for, and even though our room was far from the front desk it allowed for extremely easy access to the outside and the many fantastic things Cleveland has to offer. Go and enjoy but adjust your expectations before arrival. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank cuddaqueen
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I always stay at a Hyatt property when traveling however this one I will pass on my next visit to Cleveland. The location is excellent, although the shopping onsite it almost nonexistent. The arcade shops and restaurants nearby are excellent and walkable from this location. Frustrating that there is no regency club and parking is 24$ per day. My room was updated but very average as the newer furniture doesn't really fit the ancient building. Staff was excellent as always at Hyatts.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Despite some bad reviews we decided to stay here on our way home from a road trip with our family. We checked in at 6:30 on a Saturday and were told by Emily that there was a wedding going on that would occupy the whole arcade area. After 7 hours of driving we weren't up for driving around town to search for am available hotel on a holiday wknd. The noise of the DJ and yelling guests was unbelievably loud! My husband talked to another staff person and was told if they moved our rm we would be in a room that was not updated and it would only be 1 level higher so that wouldn't really help with the noise anyways. Our rm was right above the arcade area. What a shame for us and all the other non-wedding guests that night that we had to deal with the extremely loud noises from this wedding that took over the whole hotel. How can Hyatt think it's ok to charge guests what they do and have us deal with this kind of noise level??

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Moxie5
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We are disappointed to hear that you were inconvenienced by noise during your stay. We do everything possible to minimize guest disruption during events in The Arcade, and apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. We value the feedback of our guests, and appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We hope you will join us again so that we have a chance to make your next stay more pleasant.