Just returned from an overnight at the Hyatt to attend a business function downtown Cleveland. It was either our third of fourth stay at this Hyatt over the past seven or eight years. We snared this on Hotwire, blind booking by star level, for about $105.
As others have noted, you can't get a better location -- Tribe game, Playhouse Square, casino, E. 4th on the doorstep. We self-parked at the garage next door and were greeted by a trio of smiling, accommodating women on check in (a big improvement over our last visit). When I asked if a king room was available, the staff member warned us the only king rooms faced the inside of the Arcade and that there was a wedding that night. After reading previous reviews, I knew not to get the king. Instead, we were put into a double room overlooking the Cleveland Public Library (lovely building) with Lake Erie in the background. Clean, quiet, comfortable bed...not cutting edge, but decor from 2000s, not 1990s.
The Arcade itself continues to be underused. When we were checking out, a film crew was setting -- presumably to shoot scenes from a movie John Travolta is starring in which is being filmed at the moment in town. I so hope that people visiting from the upcoming Gay Games...or that, if Cleveland snares it, the national Republican convention...see the potential of this arcade and parlay it into the grand destination spectacle it should be. The bones are there.
Anyway, I'd recommend this play -- 5 stars for location, 2.5 for decor, 4 for comfort and friendliness...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in a Historic Landmark Building, Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade offers 293 newly renovated guestrooms. The hotel is walking distance from the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, FirstEnergy Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the East 4th Street entertainment district, Playhouse Square, and the Jack Casino. It features 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space, including four executive boardrooms, five banquet rooms, and 4,800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890 Restaurant and Lounge, overlooking the historic Arcade, offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in a cozy atmosphere. Guests will also enjoy the fully equipped 24-hour fitness center and luxury spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio