“Great Location, However”

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Excellent location close to dining and entertainment. Try Noodle Cat for lunch or dinner. Catch a live show at Playhouse Square, Horse Shoe Casino is around the corner, and see the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame a couple of blocks away.The nachos at the Chocolate Bar on the lower level of the Hyatt are out of sight! Rooms are large and beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: I booked our room using Hotwire and was given a room on the other side of 3 elevators. The first nig...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank wayshower13
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel is located right in the heart of downtown Cleveland-a 5 minute walk to Quicken Loans Arena, Progressive Field and several restaurants.
We parked in the garage next to the hotel and it was $20 for overnight parking. Safe and secure.
The hotel itself was beautiful-there was a wedding Saturday night and the Arcade was decorated nicely for it. We were located on the other side, so we heard no noise.
The staff was friendly and welcoming. Everyone we encountered said hello.
Our room was nice, but the carpet needs updated. There was also a small hole in the wall by the window but it was covered by the curtain. The beds were comfortable.
The bar and restaurant seemed busy. Downtown was hopping Saturday night! Too bad the Arcade itself is quiet. I think most businesses are only open during the week.
My only small complaint is the cost for the wi-fi. I realize the Hyatt is mostly a business hotel, but most major chains include wi-fi now.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank travelgal1998
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at the Cleveland Old Arcade location and wanted to give props to Suprina from the front desk. All of the desk staff were friendly and made us feel welcome but Suprina went above the call of duty to make us feel special and enjoy our birthday celebration.

Also we appreciated the discount at the spa and enjoyed pampering there. The hotel itself is clean and looks great with a feeling of old times when the city was young. The rooms are spacious and the are beds comfy we'll be looking forward to the renovations the wood blinds look great from the outside. Would definitely recommend the Hyatt downtown to anyone who wants to be close to the 4th Street action or for sporting events or concerts. Also a short walk to the Casino or Theater District.

Once again many thanks to Suprina for the royal treatment and for all the staff who work hard to keep things running smoothly and looking ship shape.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Often when in this part of Ohio I'll stay at a hotel away from downtown, simply because it is more convenient to where I have to be for business. With that said, when I have fewer appointments (although important ones) I will try to get a room at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade. The location is perfect, the rooms are nice, and the building itself is very unique.

I'll start with the building, if you are able to get here at a decent time in the day, it's a really cool spot to walk around and check out the shops, the restaurant and it even has a postal outlet there which is convenient for business if you need to get something somewhere and don't want to search for USPS, UPS or FedEx offices. It's really old school with a cool suit shop at the front, it's just unique and not what you find just anywhere.

For the location, it can't get much better in that it is just a couple blocks from the casino, so if that's your thing you don't have to walk far even on a cold night. Literally out the back door you walk virtually right into E. 4th St. which is one of the best parts of Cleveland if you ask me. Michael Symon's Lola is there, El Zocalo Mexican Restaurant, Irish Pub, you name it and you can get it there. Great spot. Staying here in the summer is just a blast, you can walk less than a block and you're having a great time and if you over-imbibe, simply stumble back and you're in your hotel. Love this area.

The rooms themselves, by virtue of being in an older building, are a little dated, but they are always clean, well appointed and sometimes even interestingly laid out. They have updated a lot of bathrooms which is nice, comfortable beds as usual at Hyatt, and the desk in this room was facing the TV. That's not so good for productivity, but I like to have that when I'm on the road. Long days mean I'd like to at least have a little relaxing while getting some work done.

Rates have always been reasonable, they do not have a Regency Lounge so they include a bunch of breakfasts, which usually doesn't help me considering I'm usually on my own, but it's a good touch. Also, the date I was there in January I wasn't able to use one of my upgrades to a suite. Not their fault if they were sold out so no big deal.

I've enjoyed my visits to this hotel and the location really can't be beat.

Room Tip: Had a room on the end of the gallery and the set up was nicer than the ones in the middle.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Michael S
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went to a wedding at The Hyatt Regency at The Arcade and valeted our car. While we were enjoying ourselves at the reception, the valet they subcontract (Standard Parking) left our lights on, then jumped our battery with the cables backwards and caused damage to the car. They gave us the runaround, did not return calls, and are refusing to pay. While we had a nice time at the wedding (before we realized the damage the valet had done), we will never return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bdeden
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is an interesting place to stay; in any other city you wouldn't be able to touch a room in a hotel like this as inexpensively as I just did. The rooms themselves are of Hyatt-level competence; spacious, with good, comfortable beds. But the Arcade itself is amazing; it was one of the first ten buildings put on the National Register of Historic Places, kind of a mall before there was such a thing. As a hotel, I had a quibble; on a cold Sunday night at about midnight, I wanted to have a glass of wine before retiring, but the restaurants in the hotel were closed and nothing available from room service. Bummer. Truthfully, though, like a lot of things in Cleveland, this is a gem of a place few Clevelanders are really aware exists. What a shame. I'm a native Clevelander who returned for a weekend, happy the Arcade has survived tough times. Directly across the street is E. 4th with nationally recognized Lola and Greenhouse Tavern restaurants, among others. Cleveland ain't New York, but there's new development, and a burgeoning residential scene. (PS: Cheaper parking across the street at lot between E. 6th and E. 9th.)

Room Tip: When booking make sure you ask for Superior Ave or Euclid Ave side. Superior Ave rooms overlook impr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank pjb2010
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was traveling with my 1 year old by myself. When I checked in the receptionist looked at where my room was and told me there was a wedding that evening. She then moved us to a quieter room so my baby wouldn't be disturbed. I had just had a bad experience with that same scenario so her thoughtfulness almost made me cry! We had a great stay and for what this hotel lacks in "style" it more than makes up for with its exceptional service!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family