Often when in this part of Ohio I'll stay at a hotel away from downtown, simply because it is more convenient to where I have to be for business. With that said, when I have fewer appointments (although important ones) I will try to get a room at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade. The location is perfect, the rooms are nice, and the building itself is very unique.
I'll start with the building, if you are able to get here at a decent time in the day, it's a really cool spot to walk around and check out the shops, the restaurant and it even has a postal outlet there which is convenient for business if you need to get something somewhere and don't want to search for USPS, UPS or FedEx offices. It's really old school with a cool suit shop at the front, it's just unique and not what you find just anywhere.
For the location, it can't get much better in that it is just a couple blocks from the casino, so if that's your thing you don't have to walk far even on a cold night. Literally out the back door you walk virtually right into E. 4th St. which is one of the best parts of Cleveland if you ask me. Michael Symon's Lola is there, El Zocalo Mexican Restaurant, Irish Pub, you name it and you can get it there. Great spot. Staying here in the summer is just a blast, you can walk less than a block and you're having a great time and if you over-imbibe, simply stumble back and you're in your hotel. Love this area.
The rooms themselves, by virtue of being in an older building, are a little dated, but they are always clean, well appointed and sometimes even interestingly laid out. They have updated a lot of bathrooms which is nice, comfortable beds as usual at Hyatt, and the desk in this room was facing the TV. That's not so good for productivity, but I like to have that when I'm on the road. Long days mean I'd like to at least have a little relaxing while getting some work done.
Rates have always been reasonable, they do not have a Regency Lounge so they include a bunch of breakfasts, which usually doesn't help me considering I'm usually on my own, but it's a good touch. Also, the date I was there in January I wasn't able to use one of my upgrades to a suite. Not their fault if they were sold out so no big deal.
I've enjoyed my visits to this hotel and the location really can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in an elegant National Historic Landmark Building, the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. A total of 293 guest rooms including 4 suites. 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space including 4 executive boardrooms, 5 banquet rooms, and 4800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890, a contemporary restaruant and lounge, seats 210 open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fully equipped Fitness Center. The Hyatt Regency Cleveland is within walking distance of the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, East 4th Street entertainment district, Cleveland Clinic, The Warehouse District and Theater District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Priceline so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio