“A quiet, elegant stay.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Geneva
“A quiet, elegant stay.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Staying at this Hyatt was a classy, elegant stay. We were only for one night, but were treated as valued guests. Entire staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Our bed was a delight and the pillows were designed to dream upon. Wide screen, HD tvs, spotless bathroom, nice view to the north of downtown Cleveland. This hotel is walking distance from Playhouse Square, the Horseshoe Casino and the always fun, E. 4th entertainment district. If you choose to eat and drink closer to home, the hotel has a couple nice restaurants and a nice bar with views to the north. To top it off, to have the hotel wrapping around the grand architecture of the classic Arcade is a visual treat that will be enjoyed by all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This location has the potential to be AMAZING. Instead it is boring at best. The building and architecture are beautiful, but at 8 pm on a Saturday the building is as lively as the bank next store. Nothing like the descriptions. There are two restaurants both of which are closed for Saturday and Sunday dinners. Dinners only Monday through Friday very disappointing for winter in Cleveland when your only option is to eat in your room or brave frigid temps. Biggest issue is the ambiance is susposed to be of a historical "arcade" but there is NOT ONE retailer in the building!

• Stayed January 2014
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the historical architecture of the building, but disappointed that your experience did not meet expectations. We value the feedback of our guests, and appreciate you sharing this with us. We hope you will join us again to experience the excellent service and location for which we are known.
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice stay, very good staff. If you're looking for new, this isn't for you. Nice rooms, location couldn't be better to enjoy downtown Cleveland. You can walk to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Lots of restaurant choices within easy walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank HoustonTex56
michigan
Reviewed December 18, 2013

There was an issue, and quite frankly I felt like I was brushed as another casualty. Check in was No problem, when I got the bill the next morning it was totally unexpected and I felt the bait and switch, If someone was going to change the terms they could have called but no call came and after I confronted the front desk about it THEY SWORE TO ME THAT THE GENERAL MANAGER MADE THE RESERVATION AND THAT was that! After telling the front desk that someone is lying here as NO one made a reservation for a SUNDAY arrival but me! So I emailed the GM which is Tim, and all he said on his response is THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE ACCOMMODATED YOU! Doesn't matter when the front desk LIES to me, well I have a BIG problem with that! Will I go back to this property? Probably not, Have I voiced my Concern with Cleveland Clinic and IBM, sure did, I did have conversation with Hyatt Gold Passport and they made an adjustment in my account, but I have not heard anything from the property and not so much SORRY for not telling the truth! I am sorry but the front office Manager stated that Tim the GM made the reservation for the SUNDAY arrival and THAT NEVER HAPPENED!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank edog152
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay and thank you for speaking with me about your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade and please let me know if I can be of future assistance. - Tim Meyer
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Lovely hotel retro-fitted into a historic building, the Arcade. The center area has storefronts with a cafe, US Post Office, spa, the fitness center and a food court, The lobby is in the second floor and the staff is quite lovely. The hotel is rather odd as the rooms are the store front in one tower on Superior and other rooms are in a tower facing Euclid. The rooms are old-fashioned and worn out. The carpet in my room has a missing piece near the door, there were scant outlets, and the furniture was not Regency quality. All in all, the lobby is charming, the staff is nice, the location is great but the rooms are worn. Great if you are never there which is true for most travel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brussels
Reviewed December 17, 2013

A perculiar setup for the hotel split up into two locations for the rooms in The Arcade. The breakfast room and gym are in two separate locations in the center away from the hotel. Breakfast is not a buffet, which I find regrettable. You must order a dish and then wait. The choice is not very healthy. A buffet is really a must in this class of hotel. Breakfast not included in room rate and you are charged per dish and per drink.
Wifi is good, but is not free, which still amazes me these days. Gym is okay. This Hyatt is qualitative less than other Hyatts I have stayed in, but one of the most expensive.

• Stayed October 2013
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was the absolute worst stay I have had at a hotel. I have stayed here once before and it wasn't the greatest but it was better than this one. Not only were we sent to the wrong room, TWICE, the rooms, were disappointing. The furniture was old and outdated, there was hair on the pillow and there was a thick layer of dust and dirt along the baseboards. So much that you could pick it up with your fingers. The view (both stays)were of the parking garage which the sounds of the alarms and horns, and the sounds of the personnel on their smoke breaks and taking out trash (LOUDLY) and making fun of patrons at 2 am. Our tv didn't work when we arrived to our room, the snow knocked the signal out, as the front desk so rudely explained to me over the phone. We were given free breakfast for the room mix-ups, and honestly that was the worst coffee and potatoes EVER, I'm glad we didn't have to pay for that. As we were exiting we decided to visit the restooms in the banquet area right behind the 1890 Lounge and Restaurant, and they were HORRIBLE. Absolutely disgusting! Puke, feces and toilet paper clogging and over filling every toilet in the Mens AND Womens restrooms. The experiences we had, it was NOT worth the $231 we paid for our overnight stay. As much as we did pay and for a "respectable" hotel, we were EXTREMELY disappointed. We will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. I'd find another hotel.