Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
$129
$104
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
$110
$139
$120
$114
1,712 results
All reviewschocolate barrock and roll hallrenovated roomhistoric buildingwithin walking distancehouse of bluesbeautiful hotelvalet parkingeuclid avenuesports venuesheart of downtownlocation is greathigh ceilingsrestaurants and barsprogressive fieldsitting areaplayhouse square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We loved being in the downtown area. The Arcade and glass enclosure is gorgeous but we were disappointed at how few stores were open. Our room was spacious and had a good view of the Library and city however the atmosphere was cold and uninviting. The upholstery was worn as was the carpet which needs updating. It's walking distance from the city center and some restaurants so you don't need a car.

Room Tip: When you reserve, check to see if there are any weddings or events in the hotel during your stay. There were back to back weddings in the Arcade with very loud music well into the night. If you're a light sleeper, that might affect your rest while you're there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Our room was lovely, in one of the towers, on the 8th floor. It was quiet, felt almost deserted for a Saturday night. No complaints about the room itself--Cleveland is a bed bug hotspot so I inspected very carefully and took all precautions. No signs of any, thankfully.

10 minute walk to Progressive Field, down lively 4th street with bars and restaurants overflowing into the pedestrian-only street. Not deserted here!

The walk back to hotel at 11pm felt secure with many others doing the same.

Parking was easy, self-park lot, right next door. $20 for overnight is outrageous. If I had it to do over, I probably would've paid $23 for valet.

The hotel is a neat step back into turn-of-the-century Cleveland. Overpriced for a simple room but location is everything, I guess.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Hyatt Arcade is in a converted 19th century arcade right in the heart of Cleveland so ideal for sightseeing or business. There is no customer parking but there is a good $23/day valet service. You are immediately greeted with a large 4-storey galleried arcade interior. The staff were all very helpful. The rooms (formerly shops) vary in size and the bathroom is small by USA standards - but I guess they are stuck with the original shop layouts. Rooms feature curtained glass fronts but can still be a bit gloomy. The 1890 restaurant is okay (cold plates for breakfast!) but there are so many good restaurants nearby you should get out to sample – note at weekends 1890 closes if the Hotel is not busy. The Chocolate Bar in the arcade offers tasty snacks and meals and there is a Starbucks below the lobby. Good restaurants nearby include: Mallorca 390 W 9th St (Spanish), Restorante Chinato’s 2079 East Fourth Street (Italian), Blue Point Grille, 700 W Saint Clair Ave (Seafood/Grill) and Lola Bistro and Wine Bar 2058 E 4th St (Seafood/Grill). The trendy warehouse district is a 10 min across the Public Square. The only downsides are building/air conditioning fans are noisy at night and there is a gym but no pool. My company get a great $95/night rate so good value for money but at full ~$200 rack rate it would not look so good

Room Tip: Try and avoid rooms near air conditioning units on NE side
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DoctorFeelgoodDorset
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I spent the first 18 years of my life living in Cleveland, but now that most of my family is no longer living there I stay in a hotel when I go back to visit. On this last trip, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency at the old Arcade. The inside of this hotel is incredible and well-maintained. The staff was all super friendly, from the valet's parking the cars, to the doormen, the managers and the front desk staff. We were also travelling with our two dogs, which cost an extra $30/night. It's standard that we pay an additional fee when we have our dogs, but here the $30 was well worth it. They not only brought up a dog bed for our pets, but they also brought treats, a water bowl, and a towel. I've never seen this at any other hotel and it was greatly appreciated. The room (232) unfortunately did not have a great view (we looked out at an alley) but our friend staying in 242 had the perfect view of E. 4th Street and all the nightlife. The hotel is in walking distance to many great restaurants and also very close to Progressive Field, the Q, and First Energy stadium. There was also quite a few areas to walk our dogs and enjoy downtown. I would definitely stay here again. It is a little pricey, but I felt like it was worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of E. 4th street!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ejonesy4
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is nicely located downtown Cleveland. The building itself is beautiful. The staff were friendly. We stayed on the 7th floor and it was kind of musty. The furnishings in the room were fine, but the washroom could use some upgrading. The tub had some scuffs in it.
They also charge $10 for wi-fi and $23 for parking. Overall, I wasn't hugely disappointed, but I wasn't really impressed.

I think I'm more annoyed because the night before I stayed at the Hyatt, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Canfield, OH and it was cheaper, cleaner, I had free wifi, free parking and free breakfast. If I could do it again, I would have just spent another night in Canfield.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends