“Ok for cleveland”

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at better hyatt hotels in other major cities, however for the city of cleveland didn't expect anything out of ordinary. Decent room, bathroom, nothing special. people are better off staying near university circle, due to its culture and places to see,rather than downtown which is kinda deserted. Overall, I guess it was a nice stay at the hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night. At check in I paid to upgrade to a better room with a King bed. Room was dirty. Finger prints on windows, furniture, and mirrors. Sink had a huge crack in it, grout was missing in shower wall tiles, and I had to fix toilet. They moved us without any issue, but next room was better in that it needed no immediate repair. Corridors and common areas are not very clean and are damaged by wear and tear. The arcade is amazing, but doesn't make up for the hotel not being in top shape. Disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HarisonR
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

HarisonR,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We regret that your experience was outside of our normal service. We have shared your review with our executive housekeeper and chief engineer. The condition of our guest rooms is a top priority for us, and we are taking the necessary steps to address the items that you mentioned. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland again, and we hope you’ll give us a second chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I travel a lot for my job and this hotel is my favorite! The people and service make the hotel extra special! One day I had a huge test for work and told the front staff about it upon my arrival and they surprised me with complimentary room service and a note wishing me luck! They go the extra mile to make your stay nice. The location is perfect for dining and a spa is located inside the arcade. The chocolate bar in the arcade has the best martini's too. Very clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Maria S,
Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. It’s always great to hear about our guests experiences at the Hotel. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our front desk team. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Cleveland.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Liked the location within walking distance of Progressive Field and Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame but the hotel needs serious renovation. We asked for a quiet room, high floor, view and got none of them. We looked out on a rooftop air conditioner unit with high walls on either side so we saw nothing but that. The room had a stale odor of very old and ingrained cigarette smoke, as if there has been no complete renovation since smoking was universally accepted. We had to keep the AC way down just to keep the allergies from killing us and the AC screamed every time it came on. One night it sounded like a helicopter landed just outside the room though I never found out what made so much noise. The downtown area of Cleveland seems to roll up the sidewalks in the evenings and on weekends. Couldn't even find a Starbucks open on Sunday morning and our only option for breakfast seemed to be the way overpriced 1890 Restaurant. Staff was friendly but they sure didn't have anything to work with. Definitely will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BroadwayBabeez

Friscotravelers,
We’re very sorry that your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade did not meet expectations. We work very hard to ensure that our guests receive a clean and comfortable room and regret that the room your received was outside of our normal service. We are planning to begin a guest room renovation shortly and look forward to providing updates as the details are finalized. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland again, and we hope you’ll give us a second chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was my first visit to Cleveland and I was struck with how many empty store fronts there are in this part of the city. The Arcade is an historic building and is beautiful, but empty besides the hotel and couple shops and restaurants. We did not stay in one of the original rooms that has a doorway out in the Arcade, but it was a nice room with a slight view of the lake. Good service. There are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: It seems the rooms are much larger if you pick one that has a door open to the Arcade.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We like historic properties and the Hyatt Regency is located within a the first indoor shopping mall in the US from 1890. That being said, the rooms are tattered and look as though they were from the original period. Rooms felt dirty especially the carpets. When we arrived their was no bellman service. The hotel area is a busy area and more so as they were filming a movie and it took 45 minutes to find the hotel with the many road closeures. These things happen, however an email alert much like when hotels are under renovation should of been sent out. We would not have stayed at this property had they had the decency to advise us of this termoil. II asked the GM to call me to discuss and he sent me an email. As a Diamond member, this manager should of had the courtesy to talk to the customer, Really vibrant city, really poor property

Room Tip: Get a room, facing outside , not looking into the ARCADE as its busy. They do not have a Regency Clu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank davidruben
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

DRuben1330,

We apologize for the inconvenience resulting from the filming. We attempted to reach all of our guests prior to arrival and regret that our email did not reach you. I hope you enjoyed the upgraded accommodations and look forward to completing our room renovation prior to your next visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My Brother, Father and I stayed at the Hyatt leading into our participation in the Cleveland Marathon. This was the Host hotel and it showed. They had a pasta dinner for runners in the unique courtyard within the Arcade which is a site to behold.

Guests rooms were spacious with high ceilings and an "apartment" feel that created a more relaxed atmosphere.

Trisha at the front desk was AMAZING!! She displays the true nature of pleasant and efficient customer service. Definitely an asset to the Hyatt team. Little things go a long way for me...her ability to call me by name when I approached the desk is a lost art, especially given that the hotel was sold out and I hadn't given my room number yet.

The only pitfall I could find is that this hotel charges for Wi-Fi access and late checkouts ($25). These are features that less expensive hotels provide as a courtesy quite regularly now. When I inquired about the internet and my surprise as to the attached costs, the front desk service team did agree to waive the charge for me which was a nice touch.

All in all the staff was amazing and the architecture combined with great location made our stay top notch.

If you have a chance, I highly recommend taking a stroll out the back and down the unique atmosphere of the various restaurants behind the hotel. Very cool!

The added security of needing to use your roomkey to access your floor is nice as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Ryan C,
Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your stay with us during the 2013 Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon. We are thrilled to be the host Hotel and enjoy welcoming all of the runners each year. We’ll be sure to share your comments with Trisha and the rest of our front desk team. We hope to welcome you back again for next years Marathon.